• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

WSU TRANSFER: RB Alijah Lee- Los Angeles, CA

mtgrizrule said:
Sorry, until I see how this guy plays in person, I will remain very neutral on him. I hope he can give us all reasons to be excited for him to play a contributing role to the program.
Honestly if people were rational this the attitude that they would have towards all prospective players. More players have speed and/or size than those who end up making a difference to any team. So much needs to fall into place to achieve success, including no small amount of luck.

Grisly Fan said:
mtgrizrule said:
Sorry, until I see how this guy plays in person, I will remain very neutral on him. I hope he can give us all reasons to be excited for him to play a contributing role to the program.
Honestly if people were rational this the attitude that they would have towards all prospective players. More players have speed and/or size than those who end up making a difference to any team. So much needs to fall into place to achieve success, including no small amount of luck.

I agree with you regarding high school players, but I think this one is different due to his college tape, which, altho all or mainly scrimmage tape, is both at the college and Pac-12 levels. He appears to be able to contribute right away, from what I can see. Judging only by the tape, I didn't see a weakness in his game. Hopefully, he is smart and will pick up the offense quickly and can pass block too. While not much to go on yet, I have a good feeling about this kid.

Not sure if he got a carry in the 3 WSU spring scrimmages. Was either hurt or completely out of the mix. Not that the rb's at WSU got many carries.

PlayerRep said:
Not sure if he got a carry in the 3 WSU spring scrimmages. Was either hurt or completely out of the mix. Not that the rb's at WSU got many carries.

Honestly if he can just stand back there and pass block effectively i'll be happy.

PlayerRep said:
Grisly Fan said:
mtgrizrule said:

I agree with you regarding high school players, but I think this one is different due to his college tape, which, altho all or mainly scrimmage tape, is both at the college and Pac-12 levels. He appears to be able to contribute right away, from what I can see. Judging only by the tape, I didn't see a weakness in his game. Hopefully, he is smart and will pick up the offense quickly and can pass block too. While not much to go on yet, I have a good feeling about this kid.
Running backs, perhaps beyond all else, have to be durable, take a lot of pounding. You can show all the talent that you have but you can't judge durability from a video. Dan Moore is a proof point. If he comes out of fall camp healthy that may be one early indicator.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Grisly Fan said:
PlayerRep said:
Grisly Fan said:
mtgrizrule said:

Running backs, perhaps beyond all else, have to be durable, take a lot of pounding. You can show all the talent that you have but you can't judge durability from a video. Dan Moore is a proof point. If he comes out of fall camp healthy that may be one early indicator.

Agreed.

Should we make a friendly wager on this kid? Mo Club beers? The board can decide whether he turns out to be good or pretty good or a contributor, or none of the above. If he gets hurt and doesn't get to play much, you win. Obviously, you win if he doesn't play much. I know you aren't saying that the kid isn't good or won't do well. I have zero inside info on him.

PlayerRep said:
Grisly Fan said:
PlayerRep said:
Grisly Fan said:

Agreed.

Should we make a friendly wager on this kid? Mo Club beers? The board can decide whether he turns out to be good or pretty good or a contributor, or none of the above. If he gets hurt and doesn't get to play much, you win. Obviously, you win if he doesn't play much. I know you aren't saying that the kid isn't good or won't do well. I have zero inside info on him.
No thanks, I never bet against any Griz player. I sincerely hope each and every one becomes a superstar. I am just more of a wait and see person who tries to keep an even keel, especially at this point in the process.

3 pages... This place is slipping.

No one has asked the most important question.

Fairly certain the prophecy goes... If he can kick, the championship will follow. :rule:

Grisly Fan said:
PlayerRep said:
Grisly Fan said:
PlayerRep said:

Agreed.

No thanks, I never bet against any Griz player. I sincerely hope each and every one becomes a superstar. I am just more of a wait and see person who tries to keep an even keel, especially at this point in the process.

It wasn't intended as a bet for or against the player, it was intended as a friendly little bet as to whether your judgment of the player's talent and durability is better than mine. No big deal.

Just maybe...remember when Stitt had what LB? lined up in the backfield. Well don't we have any 6' 210 ish athletes that would like to keep that experiment going. Could you see Ralston coming out of the backfield, got the hands, can block and would make most secondary tremble with that coming. OK that isn't going to happen but the team must have somebody.

fanofzoo said:
Just maybe...remember when Stitt had what LB? lined up in the backfield. Well don't we have any 6' 210 ish athletes that would like to keep that experiment going. Could you see Ralston coming out of the backfield, got the hands, can block and would make most secondary tremble with that coming. OK that isn't going to happen but the team must have somebody.

I believe the person you are talking about it Ryan Holden. 6'3" 225 lbs. Was a running back and receiver in high school. Looks like we recruited him as receiver and he has been moved to line backer.. He would be someone to trust in that situation.

fanofzoo said:

...you are going to have a 6'5" 295Lb, tackle coming out of the backfield? :?

Raider said:
fanofzoo said:

The Pitt o-lineman, who scored on a 20 or 25 yard throwback screen pass/lateral, and on a 5 yard "end" around, is 6'6"-3/4, 305 and a former TE. He also threw 2 passes. He didn't come out of the backfield, tho; he had lined up at tackle.

PlayerRep said:

Oh, oh...it's my turn to play the "who I know" card! I know someone close to the Wazzu football program. Says great kid, solid player and definitely could play for them. He's just stuck in the depth chart and would fight for carries because they've got some real solid guys. Hopefully that means solid contributor to the program overall. First question I asked was what kind of kid he was and he says "great kid, liked him a lot".
I wonder if any connection with Leach and Stitt brought him this way...

AZDoc said:
PlayerRep said:

Oh, oh...it's my turn to play the "who I know" card! I know someone close to the Wazzu football program. Says great kid, solid player and definitely could play for them. He's just stuck in the depth chart and would fight for carries because they've got some real solid guys. Hopefully that means solid contributor to the program overall. First question I asked was what kind of kid he was and he says "great kid, liked him a lot".
I wonder if any connection with Leach and Stitt brought him this way...

Solid info and thanks for sharing!

reinell30 said:
This guy reminds me a lot of another Nguyen....
Only heavier, faster, and more athletic...

Raider said:
fanofzoo said:

The Fridge [emoji41]

Fahque said:
reinell30 said:
This guy reminds me a lot of another Nguyen....
Only heavier, faster, and more athletic...

Raider said:
fanofzoo said:

The Fridge [emoji41]

He hasn't ran behind our O-Line yet...I would hold that opinion...

Back