• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

WSU TRANSFER: RB Alijah Lee- Los Angeles, CA

The 40 time doesn't really concern me. Lot's of kids post their hand timed 40's on their scouting site and some round down. He ran a 4.85 at a Nike combine.

The attractive thing is that he has experience playing in a similar offense. He also appears to be a physical runner and is able to catch the ball out of the backfield. Hope he can pass block.

Looks like a nice addition. Good speed, good cuts, good hands (at least on the tape), runs low, can put his head down and deliver a hit, seems to have good vision. As someone said, seems to know where the end zone is. His 40 speed now has to be way better than 4.85. I see that he was 193 on last fall's WSU roster and 200 in the Missoulian article. Hope that's all muscle, and not excess weight.

Some video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fu5ECkSyIRw

PlayerRep said:
Looks like a nice addition. Good speed, good cuts, good hands (at least on the tape), runs low, can put his head down and deliver a hit, seems to have good vision. As someone said, seems to know where the end zone is. His 40 speed now has to be way better than 4.85. I see that he was 193 on last fall's WSU roster and 200 in the Missoulian article. Hope that's all muscle, and not excess weight.

This video shows what this guy can do. A good find PR. He looks way faster than a 4.85. That has to have improved. Someone said earlier he gets caught from behind....I don't see that here nor on his high school HUDL. Difference between getting caught from behind and a safety having an angle. He also runs north-south hard and furious, no east-west dancing. Looks like he can deliver a blow when needed. Good hands, too. I'm actually more excited about this pick up after seeing this video.

PlayerRep said:

From this video it looks like muscle and not fat....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xnlsNYw1py4

right name, wrong lee....devonte would be our answer for the next four years.....this lee has some ability, no doubt, just not a feature back.....5'6" and 193 pounds will never win in the long run, of a 6' and 220 pounds says physics (e=mxv) still have hopes for devonte or someone like him unless the coaches know we have no hope at such a back, thus we settle for smaller back. now that he is a griz, I hope he has can be all world in our uniform.

krammer said:
right name, wrong lee....devonte would be our answer for the next four years.....this lee has some ability, no doubt, just not a feature back.....5'6" and 193 pounds will never win in the long run, of a 6' and 220 pounds says physics (e=mxv) still have hopes for devonte or someone like him unless the coaches know we have no hope at such a back, thus we settle for smaller back. now that he is a griz, I hope he has can be all world in our uniform.
You're right, you just can't win with all American running backs like 5'7" 205 lb Marshaun Coprich. Just because it's your legal right to have an opinion doesn't mean it should be shared when it's that stupid.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

krammer said:

Ever heard of a guy named Barry Sanders? Emmitt Smith? Darren Sproles?

This guy is not the next coming, but small running backs can be productive....the next Adrian Peterson is not signing with the Griz anytime soon.

grizghost said:
I'm I missing something seems good but why would he be leaving Wazzu ? ...not enough playing time?

I'm sure there are many reasons but one that sticks out to me is full ride here vs walk-on there.

Griz2k said:
grizghost said:
I'm I missing something seems good but why would he be leaving Wazzu ? ...not enough playing time?

I'm sure there are many reasons but one that sticks out to me is full ride here vs walk-on there.

I'm sure he's probably hoping to get more than 4 carries too....

casewinter13 said:
krammer said:
You're right, you just can't win with all American running backs like 5'7" 205 lb Marshaun Coprich. Just because it's your legal right to have an opinion doesn't mean it should be shared when it's that stupid.

been called lots of things but stupid is not one of them.....this is an opinion board, you do not share my opinion, which is fine, so you call me stupid (very classy).....people know who is what here....please take your shot on a message board, I will not respond, as I only defend my position with people who opinion I respect enough to do so....

krammer said:
casewinter13 said:
krammer said:

been called lots of things but stupid is not one of them.....this is an opinion board, you do not share my opinion, which is fine, so you call me stupid (very classy).....people know who is what here....please take your shot on a message board, I will not respond, as I only defend my position with people who opinion I respect enough to do so....
But you did respond, just so we're clear. And to further clarify, you don't actually have a defensible response to my Coprich example, correct? Or any other examples other people gratuitously tossed out? No worries, it's rhetorical. It's pretty clear you can't logically defend what you said. I should qualify, I can't possibly know that you're not a smart person, only that your comment was really stupid.

Sorry, until I see how this guy plays in person, I will remain very neutral on him. I hope he can give us all reasons to be excited for him to play a contributing role to the program.

Back