• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Who is taking QB reps this Spring?

Off season...(sigh)

Only five more months. I've tried re-reading some of my old books. '1984,' 'Catch-22,' 'Johnny Got His Gun,' to no avail. Then I stumbled upon
'The Little Engine That Could' and everything seemed possible again.

Well, its Spring. Winter and its blues are behind us, supposedly. When to plant the garden, the flowers, get out the lawn mower, yada, yada, yada. Then the Montana reality hit me, and the old adage 'Don't take your studded snow tires off til after Memorial Day' came to mind. I checked the Farmers Almanac for timing of some such events, then Football came to mind. Ugh!

Certain things are repetitive and predictable. Spring Camp comes to an end, soooooon! All the hopes and dreams are either fulfilled or dashed, depending on the Scrimmage and the inevitable rush to the Portal. Transitory Depression soon follows, players leave, gaps and needs are exposed, and again, that goddamned Portal comes into view. Some players 'Commit'(I've come to hate that word), some toy with the Portal until the very end, some players threaten to return.

Its happened before, kids. SSDD. Bumpy ride? Yeah. but, you'll survive. Find something to take your mind off of it for at least four and a half months.

Latest posts

Back