• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Who is taking QB reps this Spring?

GlacierGrizX

Anyone know if AhYat or new Fresno St QB are taking the majority of the reps? Any of the younger QBs have any glimmers of hope?

Spring Practice Schedule:

Week 1

Monday, March 4 - 3:30pm (No Pads)
Tuesday, March 5 - 3:30pm (No Pads) *Pints for a Purpose (See Below)
Wednesday, March 6 - 3:30pm (1/2 Pads)
Thursday, March 7 - No Practice
Friday, March 8 - No Practice

Week 2
Monday, March 11 - 3:30pm (Full Pads)
Tuesday, March 12 - No Practice
Wednesday, March 13 - 3:30pm (1/2 Pads)
Thursday, March 14 - No Practice
Friday, March 15 - 3:30pm (Full Pads)

My favorite yearly part of spring ball is when all the non-QB Club members on here start yelling about how there are no practice updates from QB Club members who would lose their access to practice if they said anything on here about them.

My favorite yearly part of spring ball is when all the non-QB Club members on here start yelling about how there are no practice updates from QB Club members who would lose their access to practice if they said anything on here about them.
HahahahahaThis is pure gold...

And, if we are all really honest, spring ball scratches our itch for griz football and not much more. The narrative last spring was how great Vidlak was spinning it. Which he genuinely was. I loved seeing him hitting Simpson with some beauties last spring, but it wasn't like that gave me that much insight in what was to come for the offense.

And, if we are all really honest, spring ball scratches our itch for griz football and not much more. The narrative last spring was how great Vidlak was spinning it. Which he genuinely was. I loved seeing him hitting Simpson with some beauties last spring, but it wasn't like that gave me that much insight in what was to come for the offense.
Oh trust me, I was FIRMLY on the Vidlak bandwagon last spring haha.

And yeah, I get that about the itch. It's just funny how we were having this exact same conversation last spring from people expecting all sorts of camp updates from people who were in attendance, even though giving detailed camp reports will get their access/privileges revoked. Anyone complaining can join QB Club and go check it out and lose their access if they want to share! lol

Oh trust me, I was FIRMLY on the Vidlak bandwagon last spring haha.

And yeah, I get that about the itch. It's just funny how we were having this exact same conversation last spring from people expecting all sorts of camp updates from people who were in attendance, even though giving detailed camp reports will get their access/privileges revoked. Anyone complaining can join QB Club and go check it out and lose their access if they want to share! lol
To be fair to those who wonder how players look in spring camp, the “insider” stuff can get a bit tiresome. I believe it’s pretty unique to UM in the “I know, but I can’t tell” way. Not blaming anyone who can’t tell per the rules; just pointing out that it’s pretty antiquated in an age where we should be trying to grow interest any way possible. We’re an FCs FB program.

Personal opinion: We need to stop trying to act like we’re USC or Alabama with the secrecy, and start being more accessible. 🤷‍♂️

I think Bobby mostly uses spring to build on fundamentals and basics. I’ve never put much into spring ball when it comes to guessing who the staters are. For one thing, spring ball, even the game, essentially is still just practice and we all know that everything everyone can do great in practice wont always carry over when it’s time to play for real.

Good sample size of Fife performing under fire at Fresno. Decent sample size for Ah Yat in two minute and otherwise under fire. That was missing with Vidlak in spring and summer camp because of his lack of game reps at OSU and BSU. Decision making with live rounds flying at him became problematic when the lights came on. That is the difference this spring from last in evaluating the quarterbacks.

To be fair to those who wonder how players look in spring camp, the “insider” stuff can get a bit tiresome. I believe it’s pretty unique to UM in the “I know, but I can’t tell” way. Not blaming anyone who can’t tell per the rules; just pointing out that it’s pretty antiquated in an age where we should be trying to grow interest any way possible. We’re an FCs FB program.

Personal opinion: We need to stop trying to act like we’re USC or Alabama with the secrecy, and start being more accessible. 🤷‍♂️
I get what you're saying, but I haven't seen anyone trying to lord over someone else (so far) with info they can't share this spring. I haven't gone to practice, so I have no idea, either.

I guess it just doesn't bother me, and it wouldn't even if I wasn't in QB Club. It's a perk of being a member, same as the fall meetings. The people complaining about it also always seem like the same that complain in the fall about a lack of news on here from practices near dornblaser that anyone can go to. It feels a little entitled, to me.

I'm curious as to how a QB club member would be discovered if they posted something considered verboten? Are you required to provide all of your social media and message board names when you donate your money to the university?

I'm curious as to how a QB club member would be discovered if they posted something considered verboten? Are you required to provide all of your social media and message board names when you donate your money to the university?
You have to check in for practices, and I’d assume if info got spilled from a day you were there, everyone who was there loses access if they don’t know who it was.

Latest posts

Back