• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Vim's 2018 Montana High School Football Recruiting List

406 said:
Anyone have any news on new offers/commits, I'm anxious to hear how the Montana high school kids are doing!

I personally haven't heard any news. Payton and Vim are pretty good with finding all that out quickly. If I had to guess I would say that there will be more offers coming in with team camps throughout the summer

Nick Germer seems to have broken his arm catching a TD at camp this weekend.

http://www.hudl.com/video/3/4041596/595160c93449331e6c964c1e

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dayday said:

1. That was a damn good route he ran.
2. His reaction was weird, he gave a teammate a high five then bent over..
3. If it is a break, that's awful. What a horrible thing to happen to someone their senior year.

dayday said:

Griz receivers coach, Mike Ferriter, will identify with Nick; Mike broke his arm while playing receiver for the Griz during a game in WA GRIZ.

HowardRoss280 said:
Huge pickup. Graves is going to be a stud

Yeah I see him on defense like linebacker or safety. He is being recruiting as an athlete with a chance at QB but I don't see him as a QB at the next level. Anyone got an opinion on this?

dayday said:
HowardRoss280 said:

Yeah I see him on defense like linebacker or safety. He is being recruiting as an athlete with a chance at QB but I don't see him as a QB at the next level. Anyone got an opinion on this?

In Griz defense, Josh Buss 2.0

dayday said:
HowardRoss280 said:

Definitely a safety. I can already see him flying around laying the boom on unsuspecting wide receivers. He's got decent speed, good enough to run with WR from the safety position, and we already know he will be a good tackler with his wrestling back ground.

dayday said:
Any updates from this weekend's camps? Sounds like Capital won the 7 on 7 skelly competition. I hope the Griz made some good head way on recruiting.

Capital beat butte in skelly at MSU team camp (a 3-day event) but Butte beat Capital in the full contact scrimmage at MSU, with Bo Mortenson running for two scores and Nat Ferguson catching a TD, but more telling, Butte took down a cocky trash talking Rogers? Colorado team in both the scrimmage and the post game dustup (!). Even Bozeman was cheering for Butte in that one.

Top 50 list of most under recruited talent out of the NorthWest. Caron Shuman out of Helena Capital makes #9. Only MT kid on the list. I can think of a few other MT kids who are very under recruited.
https://twitter.com/NW_Spotlight/status/881579099772276736

Now that Gabe has committed, the biggest recruit left is Drew Turner of Glacier who holds offers from both UM and MSU. After that, there is a large difference of opinion of who people think the best in the state are, especially the Top 20. #3 and #4 on my list (Nolan Askelson - MSU) and #4 (Nick Germer - UM) are widely considered top players and I struggle to find flaws in their film. Now if Mark Estes (MSU commit) tears it up for Glacier this year, he has just as much athletic ability as anyone on the list, including Gabe. Then you got Class B players in QB/ATH Garrett Graves (UM commit) and OL Joe McElroy (MSU commit) who are just rock solid players/people and leaders of their teams. Also interested to see where the chips fall on the two Helena Capital lineman (Conor Quick and Carson Shuman). As everyone can see, Howard and I disagree on those two. The two other in-state commits (Colten Curry - Griz and Kaleb Winterburn - MSU) are in the 20-30 range for me but will move up if they have big senior seasons. Both showed really well at individual camps. Finally, another interesting player who has completely blown away coaches at camps this year is WR Logan Kleinhans of Bozeman. No one has been able to cover the shifty receiver. There are also 15-20 more kids who have big chances ahead of them if they have good senior years.

VimSince03 said:
Now that Gabe has committed, the biggest recruit left is Drew Turner of Glacier who holds offers from both UM and MSU. After that, there is a large difference of opinion of who people think the best in the state are, especially the Top 20. #3 and #4 on my list (Nolan Askelson - MSU) and #4 (Nick Germer - UM) are widely considered top players and I struggle to find flaws in their film. Now if Mark Estes (MSU commit) tears it up for Glacier this year, he has just as much athletic ability as anyone on the list, including Gabe. Then you got Class B players in QB/ATH Garrett Graves (UM commit) and OL Joe McElroy (MSU commit) who are just rock solid players/people and leaders of their teams. Also interested to see where the chips fall on the two Helena Capital lineman (Conor Quick and Carson Shuman). As everyone can see, Howard and I disagree on those two. The two other in-state commits (Colten Curry - Griz and Kaleb Winterburn - MSU) are in the 20-30 range for me but will move up if they have big senior seasons. Both showed really well at individual camps. Finally, another interesting player who has completely blown away coaches at camps this year is WR Logan Kleinhans of Bozeman. No one has been able to cover the shifty receiver. There are also 15-20 more kids who have big chances ahead of them if they have good senior years.

Drew Turner's recruitment will be interesting. From a distance, I'd say maybe leaning UM just from twitter. However, MSU's recent history in kalispell and Choate wants to run the ball I could see him going that way as well.

dayday said:
VimSince03 said:

Drew Turner's recruitment will be interesting. From a distance, I'd say maybe leaning UM just from twitter. However, MSU's recent history in kalispell and Choate wants to run the ball I could see him going that way as well.

If he doesn't commit to either school before his seasons starts, its going to be a wild ride until the first signing period. Another kid who could be waiting for an FBS offer.

Next big one on the list has gotta be Conor Quick. We've got some great skill guys, now we need to line the trenches.

brewskis said:
Next big one on the list has gotta be Conor Quick. We've got some great skill guys, now we need to line the trenches.

Drew Turner is definitely #2. But is Conor Quick the best lineman? I believe he is but others aren't sold on his tape. He has the weight-room numbers. He has been playing center at camps this summer according to HowardRoss280. I don't even know if he has been offered by either school.

Back