• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Vim's 2018 Montana High School Football Recruiting List

Just curious if you watched any lineman drills at at all ! at camps this summer the Whitehall kid owned the competition in one on ones on both sides of ball at tech camp received top lineman award and some of the kids on your list were in attendance
your #1 offensive lineman couldnt stop his bull rush at griz camp

Just curious if you watched any lineman drills at at all ! at camps this summer the Whitehall kid owned the competition in one on ones on both sides of ball at tech camp received top lineman award and some of the kids on your list were in attendance

No I didn't Whitehall kid's dad

Ursus1 said:

No I didn't Whitehall kid's dad
:lol:

Wasn't at tech camp but I was at griz camp. "The Whitehall kid", his name is Dawson and he is my 4th ranked DL. I made a mistake and left a couple kids off the list and didn't realize it before posting. So yes he is 4th, but the drills I saw, my #1 ranked o-lineman did pretty damn good. He got beat a few times by some fast edge rushers but I didn't see him get bull rushed and beat. Must have been someone else you are thinking of

Nice to see Corbin Walker on the list. He lit up the MSU camp and has set what may be the Butte High record in squat weight at 595. Nathaniel Ferguson is listed as FB/TE /P in your top 30. Actually he plays WR/TE/P/K and will add LB to that this year. He also lit up the MSU team camp as did Bo Mortinson (RB), although Ted Dawson couldn't tell them appart in his news cast... Ferguson got some attention at the July Griz Camp as well. Btw, who was the "Thing" at the July camp? Had to be 6-8 350. It was an impressive bunch of linemen there I thought.

Buttegrizzle said:
Nice to see Corbin Walker on the list. He lit up the MSU camp and has set what may be the Butte High record in squat weight at 595. Nathaniel Ferguson is listed as FB/TE /P in your top 30. Actually he plays WR/TE/P/K and will add LB to that this year. He also lit up the MSU team camp as did Bo Mortinson (RB), although Ted Dawson couldn't tell them appart in his news cast... Ferguson got some attention at the July Griz Camp as well. Btw, who was the "Thing" at the July camp? Had to be 6-8 350. It was an impressive bunch of linemen there I thought.

Thanks for the heads up on Nathaniel Ferguson! Bo Mortinson is in my top 10 for RB's in this class, tough runner who could play FB in college (if he can find a college that runs an offense with a actually FB now-a-days). I'm not sure who the 6'8 kid was, but I have an idea of who it might have been if he is a Montana kid. And yes, this years o-line class is DEEP.

HowardRoss280 said:
Buttegrizzle said:

Thanks for the heads up on Nathaniel Ferguson! Bo Mortinson is in my top 10 for RB's in this class, tough runner who could play FB in college (if he can find a college that runs an offense with a actually FB now-a-days). I'm not sure who the 6'8 kid was, but I have an idea of who it might have been if he is a Montana kid. And yes, this years o-line class is DEEP.

Howard I think the big guy was from out of state. I'm sure he isn't Montana AA although maybe from a smaller class school. There were a lot of out of state prospects at the July 28 camp.

Buttegrizzle said:
HowardRoss280 said:
Buttegrizzle said:

Howard I think the big guy was from out of state. I'm sure he isn't Montana AA although maybe from a smaller class school. There were a lot of out of state prospects at the July 28 camp.

You're probably right, I checked my notes and the kid I was thinking of is nowhere close to 6'8! Ha ha.

HowardRoss280 said:
Buttegrizzle said:
HowardRoss280 said:
Buttegrizzle said:

You're probably right, I checked my notes and the kid I was thinking of is nowhere close to 6'8! Ha ha.

The "Thing" was from Idaho if I remember right. I wasn't impressed at all. Slow feet, top heavy, and out of shape. If you can't move your feet you will get eaten alive in the Big Sky Conference. He may find a home at a program if he can get in better shape. He is the opposite of most kids coming out of high school. Instead of needing to gain weight he will have to lose weight and firm up. No doubt that he is a beast of a kid right now.
I am a fan of big framed kids who can move. You can't teach speed, but you can get kids bigger.

Grizrule16 said:
HowardRoss280 said:
Buttegrizzle said:
HowardRoss280 said:

The "Thing" was from Idaho if I remember right. I wasn't impressed at all. Slow feet, top heavy, and out of shape. If you can't move your feet you will get eaten alive in the Big Sky Conference. He may find a home at a program if he can get in better shape. He is the opposite of most kids coming out of high school. Instead of needing to gain weight he will have to lose weight and firm up. No doubt that he is a beast of a kid right now.
I am a fan of big framed kids who can move. You can't teach speed, but you can get kids bigger.

Very true. I have seen kids who are huge in size and tower over everyone but are soft. I too am a fan of kids who are athletic that play on the line. I also am a fan of hard nosed, gritty, old fashioned, knock your dick in the dirt o-lineman. And Montana is the perfect place to find kids like that

HowardRoss280 said:
Grizrule16 said:
HowardRoss280 said:
Buttegrizzle said:

Very true. I have seen kids who are huge in size and tower over everyone but are soft. I too am a fan of kids who are athletic that play on the line. I also am a fan of hard nosed, gritty, old fashioned, knock your dick in the dirt o-lineman. And Montana is the perfect place to find kids like that

100% Agreed^

HowardRoss280 said:
Top kids in my opinion in their positions. This has changed since the last ranking came out and it will be reflected in the upcoming ranking.
ATH
1. Garrett Graves (Eureka)
2. Mark Estes(Kalispell Glacier)
3. Jackson Pepe (Kalispell Glacier)
4. Logan Kleinhans (Bozeman)
5. Tanner Wood (Ennis)

QBs
1. Kevin Boes (Great Falls High)
2. Aaron White (Shelby)
3. Garrett Graves (Eureka)
4. Kaleb Winterburn (Helena High) (ATH)
5. Levi Janacaro (Big Sky) (ATH)
6. Brady Peiffer (Kalispell Glacier)
7. Darrin Wersal (Glascow)

RBs
1. Drew Turner (Kalispell Glacier)
2. Seth Schneider (Helena Capital)
3. Lane Sumner (Huntley Project)
4. Dalton Macy (Skyview)
5. Jack Tetrault (Bozeman)
6. Ben Voss (Billings Central)

WRs
1. Gabe Sulser (Senior)
2. Nick Germer (Missoula Sentinel)
3. Easton Hatfield (Townsend)
4. Keenan Reynolds (Huntley Project)
5. Brock Peterson (Livingston)

OL
1. Carson Shuman (Helena Capital)
2. Joseph McElroy (Missoula Loyola)
3. Conor Quick (Helena Capital)
4. Bruce Spang (Skyview)
5. Trey Copeland (Huntley Project)
6. Trevor Welnel (Helena Capital)

DL
1. Karson Wheat (Deer Lodge)
2. Justin Jenks (Helena Capital)
3. Trey Copeland (Huntley Project)
4. Dawson Hoerauf (Whitehall)
5. Logan Kolodejchuk (Columbia Falls)
6. Alex Fransen (Glasgow)
7. Corbin Walker (Butte)

LBs
1. Nolan Askelson (Senior)
2. Seth Schneider (Helena Capital)
3. Blake Allred (Senior)
4. Braxton Hill (Anaconda)
5. Brandon Morley (Missoula Sentinel)
6. Conner Nash (Helena High)

DBs
1. Garret Graves (Eureka)
2. Jackson Pepe (Kalispell Glacier)
3. Damien Nelson (CMR)
4. Wyatt Alexander (Whitehall)

Another thing that I didn't post that some may be wondering about is tight ends. I have only scouted about two or three true TEs in this class. There are some WR who could transition to TE in college, Easton Hatfield for example, but I didn't want to list only two or three kids. But for those wondering, Max Morris out of Glacier would be #1, Matt Culpon out of Capital #2.

Looks like another in-state commit.....appears to be on the OL.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brewskis said:
VimSince03 said:
brewskis said:
Looks like another in-state commit.....appears to be on the OL.....

Assuming its Quick.
Excuse me while I change my underwear.

Quick didn't have the summer many expected. But I still like him and still think he's a top 10 talent. Projects to the interior of the offensive line or defensive tackle.

StumptownGriz said:
Quick just committed via twitter and then immediately deleted the tweet. Strange.

Its Back

[tweet]https://twitter.com/ConorQuic/status/892584005714886657[/tweet]

Back