• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Vim's 2018 Montana High School Football Recruiting List

Buttegrizzle said:
More Butte High news: center Carter Pribnow commits to UM Western. Carter is the son of former MSU longsnapper and long time Philidelphia Eagle lineman Kerry Pribnow.

That's the 5th Butte High Bulldog this class to move on to the next level, sweet.

IntuitiveGriz said:
Buttegrizzle said:
I believe Butte High’s Corbin Walker has signed with Carroll. Haven’t seen official notice.

He chose Carroll over Tech and Western, because of where Carroll wanted to play him.

http://buttesports.com/butte-highs-corbin-walker-signs-carroll-football/

Good football player, was 2nd Team All-State Defensive Line despite being 5"10".

Vim and HowardRoss280's Top 50 Lists Combined not signed
Seth Schneider (Helena Capital) - 6'0", 205 lbs. - RB/LB (Idaho PWO)
Conner Nash (Helena High) - 6'0", 190 lbs. - OLB
Ty Chouinard (Hamilton) - 5'11", 165 lbs. - WR/S
Tyler Buckingham (Billings West) - 6'0", 205 lbs. - LB
Jake Olsen (CMR) – 6’5”, 205lbs. TE/DE
Damien Nelson (CMR) - 5'10", 155 lbs. – CB/KR
Caeden Suero (Helena High) - 6'0", 235 lbs. - DL
Michael Lee (Kalispell Flathead) - 6'4", 265 lbs. - DL
Brandon Aimsback (Browning) - 6'4", 255 lbs. - DL
Mark Northey (Helena Capital) – 5’10”, 170lbs.- CB
Bridger Bauder (Hamilton) - 5'10", 195 lbs. - RB
Easton Hatfield (Townsend) - 6'3", 180 lbs. - WR/TE
Ben LaBeau (Billings Senior) - 6'0", 160 lbs. - WR
Coby King (Dillon) - 6'0", 185 lbs. - LB
Dalton Macy (Billings Skyview) - 5'11", 170 lbs. - RB/S
Brock Peterson (Livingston) - 5'10", 160 lbs. - WR/DB

Paytonlives said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/CulponMatthew/status/960236769647124480[/tweet]

Good pick up. Culpon didn’t get many opportunities his senior year to show his ability to catch passes, but he was basically a 6th o-lineman, if he can catch as well as he can block, Carroll got a steal.

DL project from Browning. Sleeper?

[hudl]https://www.hudl.com/video/3/8192145/5a1bb5de5eec391220aad1d0[/hudl]

Paytonlives said:

I think he's probably NAIA level, but could be productive. Many of these "sleeper" type, it really depends on how hard they work and how they pick up schemes and understanding of the game. Many of the Griz walk on sleepers drop off rather quickly and as many that make something of themselves, probably 2-3 that quit. Big dude but seems a step slow compared to some commits on film. I'm no Vim or Howard though.

AZDoc said:
Paytonlives said:

I think he's probably NAIA level, but could be productive. Many of these "sleeper" type, it really depends on how hard they work and how they pick up schemes and understanding of the game. Many of the Griz walk on sleepers drop off rather quickly and as many that make something of themselves, probably 2-3 that quit. Big dude but seems a step slow compared to some commits on film. I'm no Vim or Howard though.

Spot on AZDoc. Takes an unreal work ethic (both physicall AND mentally) to make it as a PWO.

VimSince03 said:
AZDoc said:
Paytonlives said:

Spot on AZDoc. Takes an unreal work ethic (both physicall AND mentally) to make it as a PWO.

Agree. Would need a lot of work. But has big frame.

Paytonlives said:
VimSince03 said:
AZDoc said:
Paytonlives said:

Big frame, long arms, high motor, and he's coachable. Brandon is a good kid and it would be cool to see him get a shot, especially coming from Browning.

IntuitiveGriz said:
Buttegrizzle said:
More Butte High news: center Carter Pribnow commits to UM Western. Carter is the son of former MSU longsnapper and long time Philidelphia Eagle lineman Kerry Pribnow.

That's the 5th Butte High Bulldog this class to move on to the next level, sweet.

Howard had 3 of the 5 on his list. :clap:

Vim was out-to-lunch and had not one. :poke:

Out-to-lunch-nowhere-far.jpg

VimSince03 said:
Paytonlives said:
VimSince03 said:
AZDoc said:

Big frame, long arms, high motor, and he's coachable. Brandon is a good kid and it would be cool to see him get a shot, especially coming from Browning.

Didn't even pay attention to this. Would be real cool to see him get a shot somewhere. We used to play Browning every year and they always had a few good players but not top to bottom skill. He does have a high motor, no doubt. Do you know if he's getting any sniffs from schools?

VimSince03 said:
Paytonlives said:
VimSince03 said:
AZDoc said:

He has the size, while I watched his film I thought he was just a bit slow off the ball, didn’t get off blocks quick enough. Hard work could change that, and I agree it would be cool for him to get a shot. Probably most appropriate at NAIA. Rumors of him getting attention from Boise St though

Paytonlives said:
PWO to The spuds

[tweet]https://twitter.com/SethSchneider34/status/960642563190415361[/tweet]

I like the pick up for the vandals. They get a kid with a huge chip on his shoulder. As far as I can tell, cats nor Griz offered him

HowardRoss280 said:
Paytonlives said:
PWO to The spuds

[tweet]https://twitter.com/SethSchneider34/status/960642563190415361[/tweet]

I like the pick up for the vandals. They get a kid with a huge chip on his shoulder. As far as I can tell, cats nor Griz offered him

Really like the way the kid played. Reminded me a lot of Reynolds; wish Bobby would have given him a shot.

IntuitiveGriz said:
IntuitiveGriz said:
Buttegrizzle said:

Vim did have Ferguson at no. 25 until after he got injured. So credit for that.

I picked 4/5 of these guys (missed on Corbin Walker) plus I picked Kiley Caprara from the 2016 class and I picked them 3 years ago. Just sayin. Also I now pick current Butte QB Tommy Mellott (junior next year) and the Butte longsnapper (also a junior but his name escapes me). By pick I mean to play college ball at some level. But, I give Vim and Howard a ton of respect - I just watch Butte, but they watch everybody.

Buttegrizzle said:
IntuitiveGriz said:
IntuitiveGriz said:
Buttegrizzle said:

I picked 4/5 of these guys (missed on Corbin Walker) plus I picked Kiley Caprara from the 2016 class and I picked them 3 years ago. Just sayin. Also I now pick current Butte QB Tommy Mellott (junior next year) and the Butte longsnapper (also a junior but his name escapes me). By pick I mean to play college ball at some level. But, I give Vim and Howard a ton of respect - I just watch Butte, but they watch everybody.

Butte players who I picked as Top 10 players at their position by year end:

Nate Ferguson -TE (6/10)
Corbin Walker - DE (5/10) - He played DT and FB but I viewed him as a DE
Greyson Mandic - DT (9/10)

VimSince03 said:
Buttegrizzle said:
IntuitiveGriz said:
IntuitiveGriz said:

Nate Ferguson -TE (6/10)

giphy.gif

IntuitiveGriz said:
VimSince03 said:
Buttegrizzle said:
IntuitiveGriz said:

Nate Ferguson -TE (6/10)

giphy.gif

By the way, welcome to the "gif" club IntuitiveGriz. Glad to have you on board. GrizCountry420 is head coach of the squad so all gifs are rated by him.

GMSE6NG.gif

Back