• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Vim's 2018 Montana High School Football Recruiting List

Buttegrizzle said:
Vim did have Ferguson at no. 25 until after he got injured. So credit for that.

I picked 4/5 of these guys (missed on Corbin Walker) plus I picked Kiley Caprara from the 2016 class and I picked them 3 years ago. Just sayin. Also I now pick current Butte QB Tommy Mellott (junior next year) and the Butte longsnapper (also a junior but his name escapes me). By pick I mean to play college ball at some level. But, I give Vim and Howard a ton of respect - I just watch Butte, but they watch everybody.

I am friends with Capraras' father, Kris. Kiley was a good player.:

“I’ve run a lot of goes,” said the speedster, who will carry game-breaker hopes into the 71st Montana East-West Shrine Game. “But, I like the out routes, or the posts. I like post routes, too,”

The probability of a double team against him in the post route was offered.

“I can beat the safety,” Caprara said, confidently.

VimSince03 said:
By the way, welcome to the "gif" club IntuitiveGriz. Glad to have you on board. GrizCountry420 is head coach of the squad so all gifs are rated by him.

GMSE6NG.gif

:lol: :lol: :lol: AWESOME

IntuitiveGriz said:
Buttegrizzle said:
Vim did have Ferguson at no. 25 until after he got injured. So credit for that.

I picked 4/5 of these guys (missed on Corbin Walker) plus I picked Kiley Caprara from the 2016 class and I picked them 3 years ago. Just sayin. Also I now pick current Butte QB Tommy Mellott (junior next year) and the Butte longsnapper (also a junior but his name escapes me). By pick I mean to play college ball at some level. But, I give Vim and Howard a ton of respect - I just watch Butte, but they watch everybody.

I am friends with Capraras' father, Kris. Kiley was a good player.:

“I’ve run a lot of goes,” said the speedster, who will carry game-breaker hopes into the 71st Montana East-West Shrine Game. “But, I like the out routes, or the posts. I like post routes, too,”

The probability of a double team against him in the post route was offered.

“I can beat the safety,” Caprara said, confidently.

Kiley was the best route-runner in last year's WR class in the state of Montana...in my opinion. I also ranked him the #6 WR recruit in the state and the #33 overall player in the state for the 2017 class. His size hurt him but he was a legit high school receiver.

What becomes of Vim and Howards top 50 that didn't sign today? Sure seems like there is some talent left on the table...

obiwan said:
What becomes of Vim and Howards top 50 that didn't sign today? Sure seems like there is some talent left on the table...

Most likely walk ons at NAIA schools, a few may try the Griz or Cats. I don’t see any of the kids that are left not going on to try and play somewhere at the next level.

HowardRoss280 said:
obiwan said:

Most likely walk ons at NAIA schools, a few may try the Griz or Cats. I don’t see any of the kids that are left not going on to try and play somewhere at the next level.

I've heard that Ty Chouinard may got to MSU...but just for school.

VimSince03 said:
HowardRoss280 said:
obiwan said:

Bummer. Walking on isn't easy, but there are some notable success stories. These guys will have a tough decision to make. Wonder how they will feel after the shrine game and the mondak bowl (assuming many of the unsigned in the list will make both games)... It would be hard to walk away from the game after having so much success.

obiwan said:
VimSince03 said:
HowardRoss280 said:
obiwan said:

Bummer. Walking on isn't easy, but there are some notable success stories. These guys will have a tough decision to make. Wonder how they will feel after the shrine game and the mondak bowl (assuming many of the unsigned in the list will make both games)... It would be hard to walk away from the game after having so much success.

Chouinard wasn’t a top 50 in my eyes, just outside. But yeah walking on isn’t easy, you have to work your tail off just to get noticed.

obiwan said:
VimSince03 said:
HowardRoss280 said:
obiwan said:

Some of these guys are also wise beyond their years as well. They realize that they will get much further in life with their brains than they will with their brawn. Getting beat up is not worth it, especially if there is not an athletic scholarship involved. MSU is a good school for many things and the academics may be what he wants to focus on.

HowardRoss280 said:
obiwan said:
VimSince03 said:
HowardRoss280 said:

Chouinard wasn’t a top 50 in my eyes, just outside. But yeah walking on isn’t easy, you have to work your tail off just to get noticed.

Tough to pic a top 50 state wide so I can't quibble with your selections there. I don't have enough info to even begin to put a list like that together. As for Chouinard, he and aimsback stand out to me as two a guys that didn't sign from Vims. I mostly follow bc so I have a class a bias and my perspective is limited but I did listen to the Hamilton v glendive and Hamilton v bc playoff games on the radio and gotta say chouinard came off as stud on both sides of the ball and had some big returns too. Granted, a Hamilton guy called the game but the season the stats he talked about were ridiculous.
I also listened to the frenchtown v browning playoff game and the aimsback kid was a beast. There was some pretty positive media on him too. Big part of browning going from the cellar to respectable. Granted frenchtown handled them that night and then came to billings the following week and got thumped by bc so they certainly didn't go from he cellar to the penthouse...but anyway it would surprise me if these guys didn't get some interest from at least naia schools. I think both were superstate selections. I'm betting they are locks for shrine and mondak rosters. If they choose to focus on school over football I repspect them for it and wish them and others like them the best along with others who decide to go that direction.

Anyone got some info on Buckingham and Nash?
Surprised that neither were offered a walk-on or accepted an NAIA scholly.(which leads me to think they were probably offered NAIA but waiting to walk on and then have a fall back?)

GrizLogger said:
Surprised that neither were offered a walk-on or accepted an NAIA scholly.(which leads me to think they were probably offered NAIA but waiting to walk on and then have a fall back?)

Heard Buckingham has plenty of NAIA offers to choose from but is a Griz fan and would love something there before committing.

Igotgoodsources said:
GrizLogger said:

Heard Buckingham has plenty of NAIA offers to choose from but is a Griz fan and would love something there before committing.
In my little class a diatribe above I overlooked others who remain a mystery and are probably mondak and shrine game locked, among them Nash. Any word on his plans?

If no new recruiting info happens by Wednesday, it will be time to cut this one loose...

Thanks to all that helped make this the longest recruiting thread ever (by quite a bit)

130 pages on main thread... for some context I doubt ANY FBS school forum has a recruiting thread this long. Could be wrong... but doubt it.

And if you add the 29 pages of Montana HS recruiting (Thanks Vim and Howard)

Egriz is nearly 160 pages and 350,000 views!!! Unbelievable!!!

Paytonlives said:
If no new recruiting info happens by Wednesday, it will be time to cut this one loose...

Thanks to all that helped make this the longest recruiting thread ever (by quite a bit)

130 pages on main thread... for some context I doubt ANY FBS school forum has a recruiting thread this long. Could be wrong... but doubt it.

And if you add the 29 pages of Montana HS recruiting (Thanks Vim and Howard)

Egriz is nearly 160 pages and 350,000 views!!! Unbelievable!!!

:clap:

Back