• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Tru

Curious - how many is "a few too many?" :?: :(

In my recollection, there were 23,000+ fans supporting Tru every home game, and a few thousand supportive fans at every road game. Maybe there were a couple dozen bad apples in the bushel basket - that said bad things and clouded his impression of Missoula. :geek:

mtgrizrule said:
lotsa said:
Now could we expect Tru to forgive and forget and send something the way of his alma mater?

I think there is a lot the public doesn't know. A few too many GRIZ fans treated Tru like crap. GRIZ Nation owes him an apology for the negativity some spread about him, that was not TRUE (pun intended). Feel free to go back and read some of the crap that was said and posted about him after the legal incident. If I were him, I wouldn't donate a cent benefitting the program or the Missoula community.

Proud Griz Man said:

In my recollection, there were 23,000+ fans supporting Tru every home game, and a few thousand supportive fans at every road game. Maybe there were a couple dozen bad apples in the bushel basket - that said bad things and clouded his impression of Missoula. :geek:

mtgrizrule said:
lotsa said:
Now could we expect Tru to forgive and forget and send something the way of his alma mater?

I think there is a lot the public doesn't know. A few too many GRIZ fans treated Tru like crap. GRIZ Nation owes him an apology for the negativity some spread about him, that was not TRUE (pun intended). Feel free to go back and read some of the crap that was said and posted about him after the legal incident. If I were him, I wouldn't donate a cent benefitting the program or the Missoula community.

It was MUCH MUCH more than a couple dozen. Hell even local newspapers were pretty rough on him. I am biased as I have known and been friends with him since he came here. Missoula was often borderline racist to him, including the tazer incident.

Eriul said:
Proud Griz Man said:

mtgrizrule said:
lotsa said:

It was MUCH MUCH more than a couple dozen. Hell even local newspapers were pretty rough on him. I am biased as I have known and been friends with him since he came here. Missoula was often borderline racist to him, including the tazer incident.

This is my view too.

Yes, Tru was not an angel Nor was or am I. So what?

To my knowledge, he had zero criminal issues/convictions in Missoula except for the taser incident. Pled to disorderly conduct. Recall that there was a party at his pat that night

PlayerRep said:
Eriul said:
Proud Griz Man said:

mtgrizrule said:

This is my view too.

To my knowledge, he had zero criminal issues/convictions in Missoula except for the taser incident. Pled to disorderly conduct. Recall that there was a party at his pat that night

They just summed it up well. In my opinion, 1 racist remark is too much. Feel free to go back on EGRIZ during Tru's time as a GRIZ. There were some pretty nasty things posted about him on egriz. It may have been a few posters that made it seem more abundant than it really was. Rather it be online or in the general public, Missoula was not fair or kind to him. Some people took his cockiness, confidence, and exuberance wrongly, then made things into something that it was not. People had accused him of being a gang banger, doing various crimes, treating women badly, etc. Crap that nobody would want spread about them, friends, or family. I am sure a lot of it hurt him too. Tru was always 1st class the few times I interacted with him, or witnessed him interact with kids, fans, teammates, etc.

I absolutely didn't believe any of the crap I heard about him and Gerald Kemp (another GRIZ player who got shafted by some in Missoula). I honestly wish some peeople here would learn and live by the saying "If you cannot say anything nice, don't say anything." GRIZ fans and Missoula residents do go too far, too often with some of the shit that is spread about some of the GRIZ athletes, especially the GRIZ athletes that aren't Montana born.

I've witnessed bar fights start over crap some idiots have said about a few GRIZ athletes. Things that absolutely were not true. We have high expectations of our GRIZ athletes. We as fans should have high expectations of our fan base as well, and learn to support our athletes more than we do. Parents have entrusted GRIZ Nation to take care of their kids, and be part of family. I really do hope our fan base and community learn to appreciate and respect our GRIZ athletes more. To me, these athletes are family to us. There is no need to treat any of them like shit, no matter where they are from. Hell, even when they make mistakes, realize they are young and will make mistakes. The bad mouthing of them is absolute BULLSHIT!!! Yet, some of us bitch about Tru not donating to the GRIZ. If he does, GREAT. If doesn't, great too. He is busting his ass to help many young kids and organizations he believes in. Either way, I am happy for him. Money or not, I hope with time, he and GRIZ Nation can come to peace again.

How many ex-Griz/NFL players have made large donations to football? A former o-lineman donated a bunch of weights a decade or so ago. Walt Brett has been a consistent good supporter, including the NEZ expansion. I'm sure some of the other guys have made donations, but I didn't read or hear about them.

CV Griz Fan said:
PlayerRep said:
CV Griz Fan said:
grizcountry420 said:
I know right, or jumping frat dudes, or getting a DUI.. It kinda goes hand in hand..

Beating up frat boys is a Jock’s rite of passage.....

CV, either stop being a dick, or go back to Maroon Blood. Tru didn't beat up any frat boy. In fact, the fight wasn't even with a UM student.

It's weird that you just can't get over that your son didn't get on the field at UM, for whatever reason. When your son was playing, you anonymously dissed other safeties. I recall seeing those posts. You just can't get over Gregorak. Sorry, but I think you are a huge and bitter loser. Like I said, back to MB.

Not attempting to knock Tru at all. Great player. Just sarcastically pointing out the generational frictions between jocks and frat members. But please continue your “holier than thou” approach to everything egriz....
Lol.

You are a sanctimonious egriz pariah. That's why you have to hide on MaroonBlood. Most everyone here knows you for what you are or what you were eventually exposed for.

mtgrizrule said:
PlayerRep said:
Eriul said:
Proud Griz Man said:

This is my view too.

They just summed it up well. In my opinion, 1 racist remark is too much. Feel free to go back on EGRIZ during Tru's time as a GRIZ. There were some pretty nasty things posted about him on egriz. It may have been a few posters that made it seem more abundant than it really was. Rather it be online or in the general public, Missoula was not fair or kind to him. Some people took his cockiness, confidence, and exuberance wrongly, then made things into something that it was not. People had accused him of being a gang banger, doing various crimes, treating women badly, etc. Crap that nobody would want spread about them, friends, or family. I am sure a lot of it hurt him too. Tru was always 1st class the few times I interacted with him, or witnessed him interact with kids, fans, teammates, etc.

I absolutely didn't believe any of the crap I heard about him and Gerald Kemp (another GRIZ player who got shafted by some in Missoula). I honestly wish some peeople here would learn and live by the saying "If you cannot say anything nice, don't say anything." GRIZ fans and Missoula residents do go too far, too often with some of the shit that is spread about some of the GRIZ athletes, especially the GRIZ athletes that aren't Montana born.

I've witnessed bar fights start over crap some idiots have said about a few GRIZ athletes. Things that absolutely were not true. We have high expectations of our GRIZ athletes. We as fans should have high expectations of our fan base as well, and learn to support our athletes more than we do. Parents have entrusted GRIZ Nation to take care of their kids, and be part of family. I really do hope our fan base and community learn to appreciate and respect our GRIZ athletes more. To me, these athletes are family to us. There is no need to treat any of them like shit, no matter where they are from. Hell, even when they make mistakes, realize they are young and will make mistakes. The bad mouthing of them is absolute BULLSHIT!!! Yet, some of us bitch about Tru not donating to the GRIZ. If he does, GREAT. If doesn't, great too. He is busting his ass to help many young kids and organizations he believes in. Either way, I am happy for him. Money or not, I hope with time, he and GRIZ Nation can come to peace again.
This.

PlayerRep said:
poorgriz said:
PlayerRep said:
I could see Tru making a donation at some point. He liked it in Missoula, and made many good friends, but it's also true that way too many people dissed him unfairly. Alpha was one of the biggest dicks to him. Borderline racist.

Accused by jerks like Alpha of gang signs on field. The cops abused him in the taser incident. Dissed over the taser incident (which ended up as a nolo plea to disorderly conduct). Dissed over the later dui (which went away). Lots of crap written on him in the Kaimin and Missoulian. Engstrom tried to get O'Day to ban him from working out in the UM facilities after his senior (fall) season. O'Day refused.

I can see how Tru doesn't have warm fuzzies about UM.

I always liked the guy. Liked his mom. She is very pretty and classy.

Knew he was very talented, but didn't realize how much.

He was and is a very supportive teammate. I know you never-played-the-gamers wouldn't understand.

He may have gotten more of a bad rap than he deserved, but he was not an angel while playing for the griz. Not sure whey you can't admit that about him and all the other griz players that have F'ed up over the years and just say, "Yes... them made stupid mistakes."

Where did I say he was an angel? Why don't you list the mistakes you think he made? Would love to see. your list?

And when you can't or don't make an accurate list, or even use actual facts, then I will ask why people like you spout off about stuff have little or no clue about.

That's the point. Why can't posters just stick with the facts? Why is that so hard for some of you?

I don't want to make a list. I know he made mistakes, which is all I was saying. He got arrested for DUI, and also the:

When they tried to quiet a party of 30-some people and get them to go home for the evening, one of the football players allegedly struck an officer in the chest with an open hand and was arrested.

The other football player was arrested while grabbing another officer in an effort to stop police from arresting his teammate.

To subdue the unruly athletes, both were shocked with stun guns and taken to the Missoula County jail.

poorgriz said:
PlayerRep said:
poorgriz said:
PlayerRep said:
I could see Tru making a donation at some point. He liked it in Missoula, and made many good friends, but it's also true that way too many people dissed him unfairly. Alpha was one of the biggest dicks to him. Borderline racist.

Accused by jerks like Alpha of gang signs on field. The cops abused him in the taser incident. Dissed over the taser incident (which ended up as a nolo plea to disorderly conduct). Dissed over the later dui (which went away). Lots of crap written on him in the Kaimin and Missoulian. Engstrom tried to get O'Day to ban him from working out in the UM facilities after his senior (fall) season. O'Day refused.

I can see how Tru doesn't have warm fuzzies about UM.

I always liked the guy. Liked his mom. She is very pretty and classy.

Knew he was very talented, but didn't realize how much.

He was and is a very supportive teammate. I know you never-played-the-gamers wouldn't understand.

He may have gotten more of a bad rap than he deserved, but he was not an angel while playing for the griz. Not sure whey you can't admit that about him and all the other griz players that have F'ed up over the years and just say, "Yes... them made stupid mistakes."

Where did I say he was an angel? Why don't you list the mistakes you think he made? Would love to see. your list?

And when you can't or don't make an accurate list, or even use actual facts, then I will ask why people like you spout off about stuff have little or no clue about.

That's the point. Why can't posters just stick with the facts? Why is that so hard for some of you?

I don't want to make a list. I know he made mistakes, which is all I was saying. He got arrested for DUI, and also the:

When they tried to quiet a party of 30-some people and get them to go home for the evening, one of the football players allegedly struck an officer in the chest with an open hand and was arrested.

The other football player was arrested while grabbing another officer in an effort to stop police from arresting his teammate.

To subdue the unruly athletes, both were shocked with stun guns and taken to the Missoula County jail.

The DUI didn't stick. DUI arrests often don't stick.

What you quoted on the taser incident is not accurate. Pretty sure that wasn't even alleged in the charging affidavit. Two police spokesmen in a row, who were not there, put out completely inaccurate stuff to the media. I was told, by people who were there, that when Kemp was tasered multiple times, he called Tru's name several time. Tru went over to help him get up, and was tasered. I was told that Tru was a perfect gentleman in the police car and at the station.

Cops were saying/yelling racist or borderline racist things. The cops and the City were lucky they didn't get sued. Would have been a strong case against them. There were about 40 witnesses, most of whom disputed what some the police said. Lots of cell phone audio. Grainy video.

Why do you think the charges were reduced to a nolo plea to disorderly conduct and a tiny fine? Because what you just quoted was not true.

Like I said, to my knowledge, the nolo plea to disorderly conduct, presumably for a loud party, was the only legal plea/conviction that I am aware of.

Why don't people like you try to get the facts? My view is because you are biased, and perhaps even a loser.

I've got an idea....let's bring up every possible incident regarding Trumaine and argue over how he was treated or not treated by EGriz and Missoula so he can recall it all as he possibly considers if he's interested in contributing to the athletic program. Should help garner a huge donation!

Just trying to understand your opinion here . . .

So, all of us or most of us are bad/racist because the missoulian newspaper wrote articles, a few isolated missoula police officers acted poorly, and some anonymous eGriz members posted bad things ?

Do You really think it is valid that Tru should Broadbrush paint most every Montana fan with the same rude, bad, racist generalism brush ?

They just summed it up well. In my opinion, 1 racist remark is too much. Feel free to go back on EGRIZ during Tru's time as a GRIZ. There were some pretty nasty things posted about him on egriz. It may have been a few posters that made it seem more abundant than it really was. Rather it be online or in the general public, Missoula was not fair or kind to him.
[/quote]

As with most people, the past tends to "soften" as we get older and enabling us to forget the not-so-great stuff that happened to us. I hope TJ is one of those people because he was given so much as a Griz football player and paid back by entertaining us with his stellar on-field play. Perhaps someday he'll focus only of the good and remember the U of M and the city of Missoula fondly enough to make a donation of some kind. It will only help cement his legacy as one of the one of the all-time Griz football greats. If he doesn't then I guess he will not be a whole different than many of the posters here who seem to revel in holding on to inconsequential past events.

argh! said:
i've got an idea! let's all live ten years ago! yeah!
People transcend events in their past and grow beyond what they were. Some of them even think of their legacy once they achieve significant success. So the idea that Tru might do that is just a joke to you? You seem biased or just really jaundiced. Sad, so sad...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NorthEndZoneDan said:
Chicago. They were ranked 11th in available salary cap space then released Jerrell Freeman giving them even more. Having Fuller and Tru would be wicked. But then again, George McCaskey is a first rate cheap skate.

Mike Ditka said something priceless about George Halas that I love to use: "He threw nickles around like they were manhole covers".

The Packers I was somewhat surprised to learn they have ranked at the top of NFL franchises in payroll outlays while playing the black and blue division where the owners were typically very frugal.

Grisly Fan said:
As with most people, the past tends to "soften" as we get older and enabling us to forget the not-so-great stuff that happened to us. I hope TJ is one of those people because he was given so much as a Griz football player and paid back by entertaining us with his stellar on-field play. Perhaps someday he'll focus only of the good and remember the U of M and the city of Missoula fondly enough to make a donation of some kind. It will only help cement his legacy as one of the one of the all-time Griz football greats. If he doesn't then I guess he will not be a whole different than many of the posters here who seem to revel in holding on to inconsequential past events.
Spot on. Let the guy finish his football days. Right now he has to worry about covering the greatest athletes on the planet with little or no assistance At some point down the road of life he can reflect on his career and his past. I have a lot of faith in Tru personally... :egriz:

Back