• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Tru

UofMGrizFan said:
dupuyer griz said:
He could be a Raider, I don’t think they brought a secondary to any of their games last year anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Are they still going be called the raiders when they get to Vegas?

I would retire if I was in his situation. He can live comfortably forever on stock dividends, sit on the beaches all over the world, etc...

reinell30 said:
UofMGrizFan said:
dupuyer griz said:
He could be a Raider, I don’t think they brought a secondary to any of their games last year anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Are they still going be called the raiders when they get to Vegas?

Why not- Vegas raids your money!

Cuervohola said:
I would retire if I was in his situation. He can live comfortably forever on stock dividends, sit on the beaches all over the world, etc...

Ya cuz thats how these NFL guys think..haha

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/rams-reportedly-acquire-cb-aqib-talib-from-broncos/ar-BBK25wT?li=BBnb7Kz&OCID=msnHomepage

The Los Angeles Rams have become trade wizards this offseason. According to multiple reports, the Rams are acquiring cornerback Aqib Talib from the Denver Broncos.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports the Rams are sending Denver a fifth-round pick in return.

Talib has plenty of familiarity defensive coordinator Wade Phillips, whom he played under for two years in Denver. This is the second major trade Los Angeles has made for a cornerback in the past two weeks with the first being for Marcus Peters.

As if it wasn't all but certain before that Trumaine Johnson would leave in free agency, it's almost guaranteed now that Talib is in Los Angeles.

signedbewildered said:
http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/rams-reportedly-acquire-cb-aqib-talib-from-broncos/ar-BBK25wT?li=BBnb7Kz&OCID=msnHomepage

The Los Angeles Rams have become trade wizards this offseason. According to multiple reports, the Rams are acquiring cornerback Aqib Talib from the Denver Broncos.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports the Rams are sending Denver a fifth-round pick in return.

Talib has plenty of familiarity defensive coordinator Wade Phillips, whom he played under for two years in Denver. This is the second major trade Los Angeles has made for a cornerback in the past two weeks with the first being for Marcus Peters.

As if it wasn't all but certain before that Trumaine Johnson would leave in free agency, it's almost guaranteed now that Talib is in Los Angeles.

So Tru makes more money than either of these guys? Is it all about money or is it they are considered to be better than Tru or is it all just business? Sure hope he is isn't too expensive for everyone. I also see where Seattle is probably letting Sherman go...

reinell30 said:
signedbewildered said:

So Tru makes more money than either of these guys? Is it all about money or is it they are considered to be better than Tru or is it all just business? Sure hope he is isn't too expensive for everyone. I also see where Seattle is probably letting Sherman go...

The Rams will pay Peters and Talib combined about $15M in 2018. Somebody will likely end up paying $15M just to Tru in 2018.

BadlandsGrizFan said:
Cuervohola said:

Yeah, but he throws himself all over the place and gets injured almost every year. I would just say "I'm done", and just relax the rest of my days... He should know the league isn't going to help him.

Cuervohola said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
Cuervohola said:

Yeah, but he throws himself all over the place and gets injured almost every year. I would just say "I'm done", and just relax the rest of my days... He should know the league isn't going to help him.

That is assuming he saved his money, and invested it wisely. I am not saying he didn't, but a lot of players retire and then 3 years later are broke.

SACCAT66 said:
Cuervohola said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
Cuervohola said:

That is assuming he saved his money, and invested it wisely. I am not saying he didn't, but a lot of players retire and then 3 years later are broke.

Yeah, and that of course has to do with how many "buddies" he has hanging around.

SACCAT66 said:
Cuervohola said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
Cuervohola said:

The guy that just hooked up my ADT security system in Dallas played 6 seasons for the Chargers....not joking.

Ive seen that the 49ers are a likely landing spot for Tru, lots of cap room. Need for corner.

Also hearing that the Cowboys and Raiders are wanting to sign him but they both have similarly grim cap situations, likely making it not practical.

Adam Shefter reporting Tru is headed to the Jets. Sounds like it's for $15 million per. Don't know how many years yet.

As a 50 year Jets fan I find this awesome. Griz lineage continues for the Jets. Unfortunately as a Jets fan that is about all there is to cheer about.

As headlined on Yahoo Sports

"Reports: Jets breaking the bank to sign CB Trumaine Johnson"

http://tinyurl.com/yb7wy2gz

After reading his letter to St Louis and L.A. fans one has to realize what a true gentleman and talented Griz Tru is.Very happy for him and his family.

Back