• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Tackling a Culture of Sexism

...there is a better chance...
...curing the culture of racism...
...than curing the culture of sexism...

... :coffee: ...

zengriz said:

...neither...
...will ever...
...be cured...

RobGriz said:
zengriz said:

...neither...
...will ever...
...be cured...

...one could only hope...
...on the other hand...
...like your style...

... :cool: ...

Aaannyway.....heading up to Polson to hang with Mick and one of the brothers Dickenson this afternoon. Meeting the coaches and hopefully several of you. Consider showing up if you haven't already. Glacier Brewery, 2:30. So.....go Griz.

GGNez said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
grizcountry420 said:
Spanky said:
It seems that the culture is a culture of man hating.

That’s what feminism is all about now. They hate men, especially white males. It never use to be like that. It’s now a mean, vendictive man hating philosophy. They love to spread lies about wage gaps and lies about campus rape culture and then they turn around and play the victim and say feminsimsm is all about equality.. Give me a break. And by looking at who’s on this committee, it’s all a wild goose chase!

Ughhhh I knowwwww...

I wake up every morning hating that I was born a straight white male!!!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jk6gjqMrOy8[/youtube]

This makes me sad. I hope that's not true. I love men. Sure, there are a-holes but certainly plenty of unkind women as well. I hate seeing this divisiveness from both sides. Reasonable thinking, rational opinions, open minds....I hope they make an appearance again. xoxo

Haha, I am being as sarcastic as I can possibly be my friend.

Attractive, beautiful women enjoy men as much as men enjoy them. This will never change, no matter how many forums regarding the culture of sexism.

I applaud Hauck for being willing to be a part of this discussion. Better awareness is long overdue. People like Weinstein and Nassar should have been stopped long before they were. But there is another side as some have alluded. I hope the coaching staff brings somebody like JJ back to talk with the players so they understand how they need to protect themselves as well have as better respect for females. False accusations, I believe is a situation that is going to get worse. There needs to be better awareness in multiple areas.

f3592762af76a22576dac7d84c50cffe.jpg
d576de037e4cce91cb17aef44dd79376.jpg

It appears that “rape culture” is far more prevalent at “elite” institutions than lil old UM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

grizfnz said:
f3592762af76a22576dac7d84c50cffe.jpg
d576de037e4cce91cb17aef44dd79376.jpg

It appears that “rape culture” is far more prevalent at “elite” institutions than lil old UM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Imagine that...schools where daddy can get you out of trouble and cover up your crimes have more serious rape problems...hmmm who would have thought.

I think it was this article that was posted on maroon blood a few months ago.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/grade-point/wp/2016/06/07/these-colleges-have-the-most-reports-of-rape/?utm_term=.24e26b7d2963

Alpha figured out that Montana was a safer University to attend than 1700 others. If I recall there are 2500 or more colleges and universities and Montana is near the bottom when it comes to the statistics. Thanks for posting that grizfan!

I commend Bobby Hauck for participating in this. Whether you think its necessary or not, his participation shows that he is willing to take an active role in the issue. Bobby Hauck will be a pretty influential person in the community. He can help set the tone for the football team, the athletic department, the campus and even the community. I think taking an active approach can go a long way in removing the stigma surrounding the U of M campus. Do this shows he genuinely cares about the issue and the community. He's doing the right thing by actively getting out in front of the issue.

I think this is going to be the new face of the college coaching profession. Its a political side of the job that I don't envy him for.

I'm assuming Lisa Davey asked Bobby Hauck to participate on behalf of Missoula Rises, who is organizing the event. Its big of him agree to be a part of it. I do wonder though, what will it take from Bobby for Lisa to remove this photo from her petition?

YIifWMBOeleSehv-800x450-noPad.jpg

PlayerRep said:
Who are these people?

Drew Colling (Drew Colling (SARC)

Rebecca Weston (psychotherapist for trauma victims)

And Moderator Erin Erickson

Again, does anyone know who this people are? Or, did I miss a post saying who they are.

PlayerRep said:
PlayerRep said:
Who are these people?

Again, does anyone know who this people are? Or, did I miss a post saying who they are.

Did not miss a post...I've been checking as well because I'm curious.

PlayerRep said:
PlayerRep said:
Who are these people?

Drew Colling (Ms. Drew Colling (SARC)-UM Student Advocacy Research Center, Director.

Ms. Rebecca Weston (psychotherapist for trauma victims)-as claimed. Office Higgins/16th St. So.

And Moderator Ms. Erin Erickson-Lawyer

I've added what I found on Google. UM should have a lawyer at BHs side during this one sided fiasco, to avoid any traps posed by this 'moderator.'

PlayerRep said:
PlayerRep said:
Who are these people?

Ms Colling is the Student Advocacy resource Director for the university.

Rebecca Weston is a social worker and clinical psychologist who specializes in trauma. She works with young people from her office downtown.

I do not know who Erin Erickson is but would venture a guess it is the local lawyer that is at all the feminist rallies in Missoula. I will refrain from my personal opinion on Weston, I am too old to be attacked by these youngins!

Coach said:
PlayerRep said:
PlayerRep said:
Who are these people?

Mr Colling is the Student Advocacy resource Director for the university.

Rebecca Weston is a social worker and clinical psychologist who specializes in trauma. She works with young people from her office downtown.

I do not know who Erin Erickson is but would venture a guess it is the local lawyer that is at all the feminist rallies in Missoula. I will refrain from my personal opinion on Weston, I am too old to be attacked by these youngins!

Thank you. I googled them, but wasn't sure the significance of their choices.

grizcountry420 said:

Seriously? I’m all about having opinions, but trying to belittle another’s argument in this manner is not cricket. Instead of showing (what I assume you are trying to do) negative stereotypes of different opinions to try and de-legitimize them, try engaging in conversation. What you are doing is making a farcical argument with nothing to give but vitriol. There are better and more respectful ways to make a point.

Well, I won’t refrain. It’s unfortunate Bobby is involved as I suspect they will be setting traps for him. He is a bright gentleman, so they won’t get the job done.
What a double standard we have in our country!

Latest posts

Back