• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Stitt- No fence riding (for or against)-Pre 2017

For or Against keeping Stitt

• For

Votes: 112 84.8%
  • Against

Votes: 20 15.2%

• Total voters
AZDoc said:
TCCGRIZ said:
My.2 cents I want us to win every game ,every Championship. The fact is Stitt was hired to win games and championships "period" He was hired by the top FCS program in the nation to do just that "WIN" .
None of this 6-5 crap or losing to state college . There is no learning curve or " It takes x amount of years to get your players and system into place. He is getting good money , top coaches , top facilities to do one thing and that is to win. No excuses in my opinion ,call me harsh or an asshole whatever you want I expect wins from him.

I voted for, but agree with this as well. I think there was a lot more going on then we know last year and that hurt. I'd be surprised, as long as the team stays healthy, that they don't win at least 7 games and make the playoffs. My vote was 8 wins plus playoffs. I do think that to completely revamp an offense, it can take time though. I think the NDSU win, as well as 5-1 start last year gave a lot of false hope in here. I think consistent QB play, no matter who's in there, as well as OL play will determine how it goes. I am FOR Stitt, FOR the offense, FOR the coaches, FOR the recruits. I am AGAINST how last season went, AGAINST whiny b!tches that don't like how things are going for them, AGAINST special teams that aren't so special. I don't think your are harsh at all. I like your post a lot, and agree Montana has the it factor for recruiting now. This season will show if I (we?) am FOR Stitt or AGAINST him for next season. This season I'm all about how Stitty does, how he's learned, how he is a "head coach" and not an OC that calls time outs when appropriate. I can't wait to attend my 2 games this year, cheer my big azz off, and continue to have my children do the same as they continue to grow up.

Well said AZ ,well said indeed

I voted for him and his staff as we look forward to 2017. He has had some time to get his guys on the field and the future recruits look strong. The character of the team seems to be a positive. I am hopeful this lends itself to an overall team to be proud of for the long haul.

My vote at the end of season will revolve aroundthese on field observations.

Kicking Game-- No stats to back this up, but I would guess several AA High School teams have a better PAT average over the past 2 years. FIX IT!!!!

Offensive Consistency-- I have seen it in small bursts, but the Offense has been below average. Some nice stats.... Some terrible stats! Bottomline, the offense has not been the juggernaut I feel we were lead to expect with Coach Stitt. It sounds like the O-line is pretty good and many of his guys are now playing. This is the year!!

Overall Game Plan-- The Cat Griz game last year was the shinning example. I believe our Athletes on D were far superior to the Cats O. No way we should lose that game. Inconsistent O was a problem again, but the defensive scheme for a QB that could not throw is ultimately what cost the Griz a win.

My reoccurring nightmare for the first 4 games drilled into my head from watching the last two seasons!!

Game 1
An inconsistent Offense ... Griz win but ugly! The headlines- RP first game as QB1, poor decisions, turnovers, receivers wrong routes, etc... Sound Familiar ?

Game 2
Get a beat down by the Huskies. Certainly expected and I hope we come out reasonably healthy.

Game 3
Play an inconsistent game against Savannah followed by last years excuses and disappointment.

Game 4
The big one... EWU comes in with all the losses from last years team. If they come in and the Griz get rolled....It will be a long year for Coach Stitt and Griz Fans.

I will be at the first 4 games this year making sure my voice is heard supporting the boys. It's that exciting, hopeful time of the year and I wish the team the best!

Good Luck Coach Stitt! FIX IT!!!
Go Griz!!

AZDoc said:
TCCGRIZ said:
My.2 cents I want us to win every game ,every Championship. The fact is Stitt was hired to win games and championships "period" He was hired by the top FCS program in the nation to do just that "WIN" .
None of this 6-5 crap or losing to state college . There is no learning curve or " It takes x amount of years to get your players and system into place. He is getting good money , top coaches , top facilities to do one thing and that is to win. No excuses in my opinion ,call me harsh or an asshole whatever you want I expect wins from him.

I voted for, but agree with this as well. I think there was a lot more going on then we know last year and that hurt. I'd be surprised, as long as the team stays healthy, that they don't win at least 7 games and make the playoffs. My vote was 8 wins plus playoffs. I do think that to completely revamp an offense, it can take time though. I think the NDSU win, as well as 5-1 start last year gave a lot of false hope in here. I think consistent QB play, no matter who's in there, as well as OL play will determine how it goes. I am FOR Stitt, FOR the offense, FOR the coaches, FOR the recruits. I am AGAINST how last season went, AGAINST whiny b!tches that don't like how things are going for them, AGAINST special teams that aren't so special. I don't think your are harsh at all. I like your post a lot, and agree Montana has the it factor for recruiting now. This season will show if I (we?) am FOR Stitt or AGAINST him for next season. This season I'm all about how Stitty does, how he's learned, how he is a "head coach" and not an OC that calls time outs when appropriate. I can't wait to attend my 2 games this year, cheer my big azz off, and continue to have my children do the same as they continue to grow up.

Two good posts, above. Good job guys.

I agree with a lot of what was said, except that it does take time to get your proper personnel recruited/onto the field and experienced (producing), hence that it is widely known in the profession that it takes 4-5 years to properly critique a new head coach.

I love coach Stitt, and can see what a special program he building back up again! We will start to see this Title wave of momentum starting this year, the year his guys are finally 3 years into the program (which is where you can start to see the players talent start to show)...

INTUITIVEGRIZ has spoken. :D :thumb:

IntuitiveGriz said:
I love coach Stitt, and can see what a special program he building back up again! We will start to see this Title wave of momentum starting this year, the year his guys are finally 3 years into the program (which is where you can start to see the players talent start to show)...

Oh I agree, no doubt. I have met him, plus know some other head coaches that know him well. Believe me, when he was hired, I was bugging them! I agree that 4 years is an appropriate time frame. My previous post as to if I was for or against him at the end of the year, really is based on if he shats a 4-7 record, he shouldn't get a year 4. he's had time to get some semblance of "his" team at this point.

haha sorry...meant to quote your post just before this one. you get the point!

IntuitiveGriz said:

*tidal :D

AZGrizFan said:
IntuitiveGriz said:

Title has a nice ring to it... ;)

I'm said "For" however I feel this is the watershed year for him and the fast break football we've been trying to play.

SoldierGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
IntuitiveGriz said:

Title has a nice ring to it... ;)
:lol: :thumb:

mtgrizrule said:
This is his 3rd year. I have always believed 3 years is a fair time to truly evaluate coaches and their future.

I agree - that is why I am waiting for "3 years to truly evaluate coaches and their future." I abstain until, November or hopefully, mid-December.

G-BEARS said:
What a weird thread, this type of mentality causes problems...

I agree! The logic expressed at the beginning of this thread is so bizarre it defies explanation! This is not a vote for or against the team or by insinuation, an indication that one who votes no is not a true fan because it indicates they do not support the team and wants them to fail!! There isn't enough bat guanno on the planet to cover up what is wrong with this assumption!

I am not a supporter of Donald Trump but that does not mean I want him to fail or that I do not love my country. I thought Royce Engstrom was an unmitigated disaster and did not support him, but during his tenure I continued to support my University. These things are not now nor have they ever been as black and white as this thread suggests.

I do not necessarily buy the 4 year minimum assessment argument either. Coach Stitt did just fine in his first year here with virtually no recruits of his own. After season 1 there were a number of highly thought of players with eligibility left that left this program. Some had issues other than coaching, some were asked to leave. Even with that there was certainly enough talent left to where the team, particularly with a 5-1 start, should have finished a minimum 7-4 and a probable 8-3! IMO a large part of the late season swoon was the inability or more ominously the outright refusal of the coaching staff to make adjustments. I know I will take a good deal of flack for that assessment, but it is my belief.

Bob Stitt has to make significant strides this year in overall field performance or I believe he does not deserve a contract extension. Am I pulling for him to do so? ABSOLUTELY! Do I think he will? I honestly do not know. However with that said and with the uncertainty surrounding this upcoming season I am compelled to vote NO at this time.

...coaching the team is one thing...
...coaching the coach's is another...
...the d coach cost the cat game...

... :oops: ...

I say give coach Stitt fifteen years to turn the program around, after all his accomplishments at School of Mines proves his leadership, not to say anything about his admiration of peer coaches.

With that said, go Griz athletes, bring coach Stitt to his prominence.

IntuitiveGriz said:
AZDoc said:
TCCGRIZ said:

Two good posts, above. Good job guys.

I agree with a lot of what was said, except that it does take time to get your proper personnel recruited/onto the field and experienced (producing), hence that it is widely known in the profession that it takes 4-5 years to properly critique a new head coach.
:thumb:

I voted to release Coach Stitt at the end of the season if two or more of the following happen:

The team record does not improve

The team does not make the playoffs

The team does not beat state

The second half season record is worse than the first half

That being said, I do wish him well as well as the team. I am a die hard Griz fan but I have serious concerns about the abilities of this head coach. I am not a big fan of his "good offense." It just doesn't make a lot of sense to me to count on the opponent wearing down in the second half to be in a position to win the game. I think it best to go out and take command from the kick off.
As I said, I do wish him well.

Well I will start off by saying I root for my team. Not a player or coach. As for Stitt I am not fan of his work that he has done here. Do I hope that he will being the exciting, high scoring offence. Yes I hope that turns it around. But if I have to vote on what he has done so far. My vote would be no.
I use to read that if we moved up and had a couple bad seasons that the fans would leave even though we are playing BCS teams. Well we have had a bad 4 to 5 years we all still support our TEAM. Yes we have excuses, from scollies, to law troubles and lack of leadership. But facts are facts folks. We as a team have fallen from grace and I don't see us coming back anytime soon with the coach we have. Yes he coached us to a win against NDSU and I was excited too. But the facts is NDSU had no tape on us, no scooting reports to use, no game tape, nothing to prepare for our team. Not saying it wasn't a good win it was but look what happened in the playoffs when they did have tape and everything. Stitt has been an average coach on the field, awesome recruiting that hasn't provided wins yet. He is a good guy. But when we work for someone they don't look at whobuou know and how good of guy you are. They look at how you have done at your job. His job at the one of the football universities at our level, that should be in the playoffs every year specially since they allow 24 teams now. nearly 1/4 if all the schools at FCS. Win the above average conference that only 1 or 2 good teams each year. (the pac 12 of BCS) And have hopes if winning the national championship.
How far have we fallen when a winning season at Montana is a passing grade. Our doom was not from excuses that I brought up earlier. It is from bad coaching. Delaney was a horrible coach, great man and mentor but not a division 1 head football coach. Now we have Stitt that is a great man and football genius at the offence. But is he a good division 1 head football coach. I would so No. Not from what he has done. Montana is not a northern Colorado school that you build up. we have NFL talent in the team every year, the best home field advantage, and most passionate fans. Rebuilding to be average is NOT OK.

flowtowngriz said:
Well I will start off by saying I root for my team. Not a player or coach. As for Stitt I am not fan of his work that he has done here. Do I hope that he will being the exciting, high scoring offence. Yes I hope that turns it around. But if I have to vote on what he has done so far. My vote would be no.
I use to read that if we moved up and had a couple bad seasons that the fans would leave even though we are playing BCS teams. Well we have had a bad 4 to 5 years we all still support our TEAM. Yes we have excuses, from scollies, to law troubles and lack of leadership. But facts are facts folks. We as a team have fallen from grace and I don't see us coming back anytime soon with the coach we have. Yes he coached us to a win against NDSU and I was excited too. But the facts is NDSU had no tape on us, no scooting reports to use, no game tape, nothing to prepare for our team. Not saying it wasn't a good win it was but look what happened in the playoffs when they did have tape and everything. Stitt has been an average coach on the field, awesome recruiting that hasn't provided wins yet. He is a good guy. But when we work for someone they don't look at whobuou know and how good of guy you are. They look at how you have done at your job. His job at the one of the football universities at our level, that should be in the playoffs every year specially since they allow 24 teams now. nearly 1/4 if all the schools at FCS. Win the above average conference that only 1 or 2 good teams each year. (the pac 12 of BCS) And have hopes if winning the national championship.
How far have we fallen when a winning season at Montana is a passing grade. Our doom was not from excuses that I brought up earlier. It is from bad coaching. Delaney was a horrible coach, great man and mentor but not a division 1 head football coach. Now we have Stitt that is a great man and football genius at the offence. But is he a good division 1 head football coach. I would so No. Not from what he has done. Montana is not a northern Colorado school that you build up. we have NFL talent in the team every year, the best home field advantage, and most passionate fans. Rebuilding to be average is NOT OK.

Very good post, I agree with everything you said .

Latest posts

Back