• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Stitt- No fence riding (for or against)-Pre 2017

For or Against keeping Stitt

• For

Votes: 112 84.8%
  • Against

Votes: 20 15.2%

• Total voters
ordigger said:
If you're a Griz fan every damn one of you better be voting for Stitt. A vote against him is a vote against your team.

And if you voted against, then you sure as heck are not a Griz fan.

Disagree. This Program is bigger than any coach, player, or team.

There are plenty of reasons to feel uncomfortable with Stitt leading the program moving forward.

That said, I hope he silences those doubts in 2017.

griz5700 said:
ordigger said:
If you're a Griz fan every damn one of you better be voting for Stitt. A vote against him is a vote against your team.

There are plenty of reasons to feel uncomfortable with Stitt leading the program moving forward.

During the season it does not matter. You just said you cheer for the Program, therefore by default you cheer for that same coach, players and team. Like him, or hate him - you want him to be successful - unless you want the Program to fail, so we can get a new team, new players and a new coach.

Your logic is flawed.

sdk.catfish said:
Post by ordigger » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:28 pm

Such an enlightened approach to life. However, because I don't choose to be bullied by dipshit posts like yours, I believe I will wait until after the season to assess how Coach Stitt has done coaching the indisputable talent he has brought in. I wish him and the team well; hoping for 8-3 in regular season and at least two playoff games. It is my sincere hope that there is no need for an after the season poll and the record speaks for itself.
If you dont want to vote then keep scrolling. No reason to stop and tell us youre not gonna vote

Stitt deserves the fans support at this point. He has received plenty of criticism from last year. Rehashing and complaining about it does very little for the team. The players deserve full support of the program from the fans and for people to believe in them. If the team can't meet expectations, then the future can be addressed at the end of the season.

ordigger said:
griz5700 said:
ordigger said:

During the season it does not matter. You just said you cheer for the Program, therefore by default you cheer for that same coach, players and team. Like him, or hate him - you want him to be successful - unless you want the Program to fail, so we can get a new team, new players and a new coach.

Your logic is flawed.

Oh gawd, knock it off with the bad fan BS.

There is reason for concern regarding Stitt. I hope he gets it done this season. If he doesn't, then the experiment is over.

The long term success of the program is what matters. That is not flawed logic.

I can't vote on the phone app, but I'd lean towards no. I don't believe in this offense in general. Not because of our kids or coach or any of that. More like all the championship this style has won. I'll be at 7-8 games cheering for our Griz, and if we end up being serious contenders for the conference and playoffs I will certainly be happy and change what I'd vote.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At this point, how could anyone vote "For"?

Have you enjoyed the last two seasons?

Currently I'm 100% "Against".

I sincerely hope that changes this season. But right now, I think this program deserves better than Bob Stitt. Much much better.

You should all voting for at this point.

My thought is he needs to beat msu or make the playoffs to keep his job. If he goes 0-2, then he's fired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some people seem to not realize that the vote is to assert their support or not for a one year contract extension AT THIS VERY POINT. It makes no sense to vote yes with the intent to wait and see. Remember the premise "no fence riding". If you vote yes then you are saying the outcome of this season doesn't matter, he deserves an extension. However if you vote no then you are saying he doesn't deserve an extension at this moment. It says nothing about your support for the team, the coaches, or anything else. If you don't understand the premise then you probably shouldn't vote since you just skew the results.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am "for" coach Stitt and this staff. I still think this program is a year away from where it wants to be. My expectations are pretty low this year but that won't keep me from screaming my guys out on Saturday.

If, in the unlikely event, the Griz have a bad season, and this coach is removed, just who will want to follow? Programs with a reputation for coaching carousels don't seem to be the kind of program that has developed at UM. You pretty much get what you pay for once the prestige is gonel

I don't like a revolving door approach to hiring and firing. I think it sends the wrong message to griz nation but mostly our recruits. Stitt has done a great job on paper of recruiting, if he doesn't get extended how many of those recruits bail. I say keep him. Plus there are many examples of coaches that take over a program who need more then 3 years to really gain traction and then years 4 and beyond become powerhouses. I love the guy, I love the type of men he is recruiting, I am looking forward to this year and think we will be top five offense in the country and top 1 defense in conference top ten in the FCS. I also love the players he is getting for the D-Line... GAWD!!!!

grizaremoregooder said:
I am "for" coach Stitt and this staff. I still think this program is a year away from where it wants to be. My expectations are pretty low this year but that won't keep me from screaming my guys out on Saturday.
How low are your expectations? What does that mean exactly?

ordigger said:
sdk.catfish said:
Post by ordigger » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:28 pm

Such an enlightened approach to life. However, because I don't choose to be bullied by dipshit posts like yours, I believe I will wait until after the season to assess how Coach Stitt has done coaching the indisputable talent he has brought in. I wish him and the team well; hoping for 8-3 in regular season and at least two playoff games. It is my sincere hope that there is no need for an after the season poll and the record speaks for itself.

Oh, one of those "I'll decide after the fact" guys

- I'll become Dad, after the child is born
- I'll get a job, after working at McDonald's for 10 years
- I'll buy car, after one was giving to you.

WTG....FAN! lol

It's actually very simple, if you are a fan of this team, then you want them to win - therefore you want Stitt to win.

If you don't want Stitt to win, then that means you are not cheering for your team.

And we have 5 against so far, either losers - or hopefully, fans of other teams.

I guess you're calling KH a "decide after the fact" guy since he pulled Stitt's contract extension at the end of last season. He'll give him this year to prove last season was a "one off". Taking a step back to re-evaluate things isn't necessarily bad. It's prudent.

I-Voted-Image-11.jpg

Make the Grizzlies great again.

My.2 cents I want us to win every game ,every Championship. The fact is Stitt was hired to win games and championships "period" He was hired by the top FCS program in the nation to do just that "WIN" .
None of this 6-5 crap or losing to state college . There is no learning curve or " It takes x amount of years to get your players and system into place. He is getting good money , top coaches , top facilities to do one thing and that is to win. No excuses in my opinion ,call me harsh or an asshole whatever you want I expect wins from him.

grizfan406 said:
I don't like a revolving door approach to hiring and firing. I think it sends the wrong message to griz nation but mostly our recruits. Stitt has done a great job on paper of recruiting, if he doesn't get extended how many of those recruits bail. I say keep him. Plus there are many examples of coaches that take over a program who need more then 3 years to really gain traction and then years 4 and beyond become powerhouses. I love the guy, I love the type of men he is recruiting, I am looking forward to this year and think we will be top five offense in the country and top 1 defense in conference top ten in the FCS. I also love the players he is getting for the D-Line... GAWD!!!!

I voted "for". I agree with 406.

TCCGRIZ said:
My.2 cents I want us to win every game ,every Championship. The fact is Stitt was hired to win games and championships "period" He was hired by the top FCS program in the nation to do just that "WIN" .
None of this 6-5 crap or losing to state college . There is no learning curve or " It takes x amount of years to get your players and system into place. He is getting good money , top coaches , top facilities to do one thing and that is to win. No excuses in my opinion ,call me harsh or an asshole whatever you want I expect wins from him.

I voted for, but agree with this as well. I think there was a lot more going on then we know last year and that hurt. I'd be surprised, as long as the team stays healthy, that they don't win at least 7 games and make the playoffs. My vote was 8 wins plus playoffs. I do think that to completely revamp an offense, it can take time though. I think the NDSU win, as well as 5-1 start last year gave a lot of false hope in here. I think consistent QB play, no matter who's in there, as well as OL play will determine how it goes. I am FOR Stitt, FOR the offense, FOR the coaches, FOR the recruits. I am AGAINST how last season went, AGAINST whiny b!tches that don't like how things are going for them, AGAINST special teams that aren't so special. I don't think your are harsh at all. I like your post a lot, and agree Montana has the it factor for recruiting now. This season will show if I (we?) am FOR Stitt or AGAINST him for next season. This season I'm all about how Stitty does, how he's learned, how he is a "head coach" and not an OC that calls time outs when appropriate. I can't wait to attend my 2 games this year, cheer my big azz off, and continue to have my children do the same as they continue to grow up.

Back