• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Soooo how bout that Reece Philips tweet...

PlayerRep said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:
PlayerRep said:
When did EWU start their comeback? Long KO return at beginning of second half. 2 quick TD's. Turned momentum and gave them confidence that they could come back. With a quiet UM crowd, little EWU crowd gets noisy and causes Jensen to throw a pick. Oh, maybe not.

My view is that halftime tailgaters who don't come back in time for 3 quarter, should not be able to complain about how team played when they were out tailgating?

I would love to meet Ann Marie Bushong so I could give her my two cents.
Bwhalberg said it's someone named Paul morton. Shouldn't be to hard to find him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know PM a bit. He posts on egriz.

It was both of them.

grzz said:
PDXGrizzly said:
PlayerRep said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:

Me too. Knew him when he was and undergrad. I don't understand the value in outing him, though. Social media and eGriz are by nature anonymous. Outing someone while keeping your own anonymity is slightly hypocritical. It's crap like that that costs people jobs and livelihoods.

BTW, Phillips is not wrong. It's an issue that absolutely needs to be addressed. It essentially gives the visitors at minimum a neutral field while everyone is getting their drink on. Fans are vastly important to keeping the momentum going.
Well, Brint outed him and he isn't hiding behind anything on here...

Also there should have been a comma in his post. As best I can tell, the Ann Marie person is legit real (terrible) person and then the other account is ran by Paul Morton.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

:lol:

Touché. I forgot Brint posts under his real name. Guess I don't have a leg to stand in there...

Sam A. Blitz said:
SoldierGriz said:
Sam A. Blitz said:
I hope that more players try to encourage fans back to their seats via social media. That would go further in maybe making fans aware that home field advantage doesn't really become an advantage in Q3. It doesn't have to be in an insulting manner at all.

Good grief. I hope to God more players do not take to social media to "encourage the fans."

The players should simply focus on their responsibilities and the things they can control.

Also wish some fans would avoid being complete assholes on twitter.

You're right. Players should just shut up and play. Their opinions shouldn't matter at all...

Correct. Thank you. There is not a single Division 1 football coach that would encourage or allow their players to engage in social media activities that discuss the fans. None.

But, still no excuse for assholes responding to Reese like they did.

Sam A. Blitz said:
SoldierGriz said:
Sam A. Blitz said:
I hope that more players try to encourage fans back to their seats via social media. That would go further in maybe making fans aware that home field advantage doesn't really become an advantage in Q3. It doesn't have to be in an insulting manner at all.

Good grief. I hope to God more players do not take to social media to "encourage the fans."

The players should simply focus on their responsibilities and the things they can control.

You're right. Players should just shut up and play. Their opinions shouldn't matter at all...
Exactly, well said!

The NFL is gonna find that out the hard way.

PDXGrizzly said:
PlayerRep said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:
PlayerRep said:
When did EWU start their comeback? Long KO return at beginning of second half. 2 quick TD's. Turned momentum and gave them confidence that they could come back. With a quiet UM crowd, little EWU crowd gets noisy and causes Jensen to throw a pick. Oh, maybe not.

My view is that halftime tailgaters who don't come back in time for 3 quarter, should not be able to complain about how team played when they were out tailgating?

I would love to meet Ann Marie Bushong so I could give her my two cents.

Me too. Knew him when he was and undergrad. I don't understand the value in outing him, though. Social media and eGriz are by nature anonymous. Outing someone while keeping your own anonymity is slightly hypocritical. It's crap like that that costs people jobs and livelihoods.

BTW, Phillips is not wrong. It's an issue that absolutely needs to be addressed. It essentially gives the visitors at minimum a neutral field while everyone is getting their drink on. Fans are vastly important to keeping the momentum going.

I don't believe Brint Whalberg is a nom de plume.

I was sick after the loss but "fans" who make twitter comments like that provide support for the notion that there's a much-needed new focus on character development in the football program and a little less "win at all costs".

It bugs me even more that a huge portion of the fans were long gone at the end of the game. Beautiful touchdown pass and it could have been tied up if we’d successfully converted the onside kick.

Man1 said:
Sam A. Blitz said:
SoldierGriz said:
Sam A. Blitz said:

Exactly, well said!

Just curious, should your opinions matter then?

cclarkblues said:
PDXGrizzly said:
PlayerRep said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:

*Wahlberg

And I had to google that haha

additionally 5700 has multiple times posted that most know who he is and that it isn't hard to figure out who he is.

BWahlberg said:
cclarkblues said:
PDXGrizzly said:
PlayerRep said:

*Wahlberg

Haha, so did I. I learned something new today. Thanks to egriz. Not often but it does happen

HelenaHandBasket said:
Man1 said:
Sam A. Blitz said:
SoldierGriz said:

Exactly, well said!

Just curious, should your opinions matter then?
Nope not on a football field when fans are paying money to watch me play football.

Just another excuse..........instead if saying coaching and poor play lost the game blaming others.

People are free to leave the stadium at halftime. We're also free to give them shit for it. Can't have it both ways.

And attacking Reese? Thanks for the endless embarrassment Griz nation, even if it was just 2 individuals

BWahlberg said:
cclarkblues said:
PDXGrizzly said:
PlayerRep said:

*Wahlberg

additionally 5700 has multiple times posted that most know who he is and that it isn't hard to figure out who he is.

That's why I refer to you as Brint. I would have totally screwed your name up. Unless I'm screwing it up now. In that case I have no excuse...

HelenaHandBasket said:
Ursus1 said:
Just another excuse..........instead if saying coaching and poor play lost the game blaming others.

Is that really what he did?

It is called logic....

He tweeted it after a collapse, that wasn't by coincidence, so must be saying it had an effect or wouldn't have done it. If team won, he would not have tweeted it. Maybe a better tweet would have been defensive coaching at halftime needs addressed.

Ursus1 said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Ursus1 said:

It is called logic....

He tweeted it after a collapse, that wasn't by coincidence, so must be saying it had an effect or wouldn't have done it. If team won, he would not have tweeted it. Maybe a better tweet would have been defensive coaching at halftime needs addressed.

It is poor logic. He tweeted what I assumed was that the team, the players, the kids, wish people would get back to their seats and support them. I saw nothing about him giving a pass to anyone, or blaming anyone for the game outcome.

Ursus1 said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Ursus1 said:

It is called logic....

You expect an active player to tweet about the coaching? No logic in that at all.

Brock's post is logic. Fans deserved to be criticized...

Also, nobody once said that the fans not returning to their seats is the reason for the loss. Phillips certainly didn't say that or even imply that.

HelenaHandBasket said:
Ursus1 said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Ursus1 said:

It is called logic....

It is poor logic. He tweeted what I assumed was that the team, the players, the kids, wish people would get back to their seats and support them. I saw nothing about him giving a pass to anyone, or blaming anyone for the game outcome.

Sorry, but THAT logic doesn't fit Ursus's agenda.

Back