• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Soooo how bout that Reece Philips tweet...

Sam A. Blitz said:
I hope that more players try to encourage fans back to their seats via social media. That would go further in maybe making fans aware that home field advantage doesn't really become an advantage in Q3. It doesn't have to be in an insulting manner at all.

Good grief. I hope to God more players do not take to social media to "encourage the fans."

The players should simply focus on their responsibilities and the things they can control.

Also wish some fans would avoid being complete assholes on twitter.

PlayerRep said:
When did EWU start their comeback? Long KO return at beginning of second half. 2 quick TD's. Turned momentum and gave them confidence that they could come back. With a quiet UM crowd, little EWU crowd gets noisy and causes Jensen to throw a pick. Oh, maybe not.

My view is that halftime tailgaters who don't come back in time for 3 quarter, should not be able to complain about how team played when they were out tailgating?

I would love to meet Ann Marie Bushong so I could give her my two cents.
Bwhalberg said it's someone named Paul morton. Shouldn't be to hard to find him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
PlayerRep said:
When did EWU start their comeback? Long KO return at beginning of second half. 2 quick TD's. Turned momentum and gave them confidence that they could come back. With a quiet UM crowd, little EWU crowd gets noisy and causes Jensen to throw a pick. Oh, maybe not.

My view is that halftime tailgaters who don't come back in time for 3 quarter, should not be able to complain about how team played when they were out tailgating?

I know PM a bit. He posts on egriz.

SoldierGriz said:
Sam A. Blitz said:
I hope that more players try to encourage fans back to their seats via social media. That would go further in maybe making fans aware that home field advantage doesn't really become an advantage in Q3. It doesn't have to be in an insulting manner at all.

Good grief. I hope to God more players do not take to social media to "encourage the fans."

The players should simply focus on their responsibilities and the things they can control.

Well, since Phillips can't play and control much anymore, perhaps he is dong the next best thing and using his position to encourage the crowd to come back. Not saying he should or shouldn't do this. But he is right that home field advantage means and should be something, even in the 3d quarter.

PlayerRep said:
SoldierGriz said:
Sam A. Blitz said:

Well, since Phillips can't play and control much anymore, perhaps he is dong the next best thing and using his position to encourage the crowd to come back. Not saying he should or shouldn't do this. But he is right that home field advantage means and should be something, even in the 3d quarter.

I know - I liked his sentiment. Don't want to see more players involved as I posted above. My point is - the players and the team should NOT be concerned with the fans. They have more pressing issues.

lotsa said:
signedbewildered said:
BWahlberg said:
Ann Marie and the GrizGIF account that 5700 (Paul Morton) hides behind are pathetic on twitter

Ah yes. A good Catholic family. They can do as they wish during the week the fat guy in the robe says some shit on Sunday, waves around a smoking cross, smears some dirt on their foreheads and they are absolved. Its magic!

scary and sad response regardless of the concern with the post and poster

You certainly do scare easily.

SoldierGriz said:
PlayerRep said:
SoldierGriz said:
Sam A. Blitz said:

I know - I liked his sentiment. Don't want to see more players involved as I posted above. My point is - the players and the team should NOT be concerned with the fans. They have more pressing issues.

I generally agree, as it will only backfire, as it may with Phillips. But he is in a different position. It won't distract him from practice or playing.

PlayerRep said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:
PlayerRep said:

Me too. Knew him when he was and undergrad. I don't understand the value in outing him, though. Social media and eGriz are by nature anonymous. Outing someone while keeping your own anonymity is slightly hypocritical. It's crap like that that costs people jobs and livelihoods.

BTW, Phillips is not wrong. It's an issue that absolutely needs to be addressed. It essentially gives the visitors at minimum a neutral field while everyone is getting their drink on. Fans are vastly important to keeping the momentum going.

This Griz team has a lot more to worry about than fans staying out for halftime. If these players keep executing like they are there won't be fans at the games.

Players need to step it up

signedbewildered said:
BWahlberg said:
Ann Marie and the GrizGIF account that 5700 (Paul Morton) hides behind are pathetic on twitter

Ah yes. A good Catholic family. They can do as they wish during the week the fat guy in the robe says some shit on Sunday, waves around a smoking cross, smears some dirt on their foreheads and they are absolved. Its magic!

Leave the rest of the family out of it. They are good folks; and are not responsible for a grown man's twitter activity.

PDXGrizzly said:
PlayerRep said:

Me too. Knew him when he was and undergrad. I don't understand the value in outing him, though. Social media and eGriz are by nature anonymous. Outing someone while keeping your own anonymity is slightly hypocritical. It's crap like that that costs people jobs and livelihoods.

BTW, Phillips is not wrong. It's an issue that absolutely needs to be addressed. It essentially gives the visitors at minimum a neutral field while everyone is getting their drink on. Fans are vastly important to keeping the momentum going.

My name is . I am 28 years old, live in Laramie Wyoming and work at sinclair oil refinery in sinclair Wyoming. I hide nothing

Maybe if they let alcohol back into the stadium the fans wouldn't escape to their tailgates to drink up their last rounds during the 3rd quarter? Maybe more and more griz fans have become alcoholics over the years having to watch Montana football lay a giant goose egg in BSC play year in and year out? I personally don't drink but I'm even considering picking up a pint to cope with Griz games these days...

timjayko said:
Maybe if they let alcohol back into the stadium the fans wouldn't escape to their tailgates to drink up their last rounds during the 3rd quarter? Maybe more and more griz fans have become alcoholics over the years having to watch Montana football lay a giant goose egg in BSC play year in and year out? I personally don't drink but I'm even considering picking up a pint to cope with Griz games these days...

If you're gonna start drinking I'd begin with a whiskey sour beaten with egg white on the rocks. Absolutely delicious

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
timjayko said:

If you're gonna start drinking I'd begin with a whiskey sour beaten with egg white on the rocks. Absolutely delicious

Thanks for the suggestion but honestly I stay sober for my wife (she's celebrated 10 years alcohol free recovering) but for all those drinkers out there maybe I'll create a drink idea.. I'd like to call it an "Angry Grizzly" any thoughts on what kind of drink mix would make that ?

timjayko said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:
timjayko said:

Thanks for the suggestion but honestly I stay sober for my wife (she's celebrated 10 years alcohol free recovering) but for all those drinkers out there maybe I'll create a drink idea.. I'd like to call it an "Angry Grizzly" any thoughts on what kind of drink mix would make that ?

Red Bull, crown royal and hot dam. With a mixture like that how could one not be angry

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
timjayko said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:
timjayko said:

Red Bull, crown royal and hot dam. With a mixture like that how could one not be angry

Sounds like an Angry drink to me but never heard of hot dam? I don't know why but I thought of black licorice flavor to bring out the nasty taste in my mouth after a rough griz loss? Do they use that flavor in mixed drinks ?

SoldierGriz said:
Sam A. Blitz said:

You're right. Players should just shut up and play. Their opinions shouldn't matter at all...

PDXGrizzly said:
PlayerRep said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:
PlayerRep said:

Well, Brint outed him and he isn't hiding behind anything on here...

Also there should have been a comma in his post. As best I can tell, the Ann Marie person is legit real (terrible) person and then the other account is ran by Paul Morton.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Back