• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

PRESSURE!

jodcon said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Spanky said:
I won’t be happy. There, I answered!

Kind of my point. Griz fans as a whole won't be happy. All the Stitt people will be throwing around the "I told you so". If it is Hauck, all the anti-Hauck people will do the same.

My take, I think we saw what Stitt was all about and I don't think it was going to be anything more than 6-8 win seasons. I think it was time to make a change, but so many are going to judge this based on next season, while I think you have to judge it on the next 2-3 years. I would rather take the chance on making a change and seeing results in 2 or 3 seasons than continue to watch the product of the last 3 and winning 7 games a season. Could things not turn out better, sure, but they could turn out much better. A lot of people gave Stitt the benefit of the doubt for a long time, and much of that changed on Saturday. There were many detractors from the beginning, but Stitt never accomplished anything to prove their fears wrong.

Chatty today aren't you?

Frisco

HelenaHandBasket said:
jodcon said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Spanky said:
I won’t be happy. There, I answered!

Kind of my point. Griz fans as a whole won't be happy. All the Stitt people will be throwing around the "I told you so". If it is Hauck, all the anti-Hauck people will do the same.

My take, I think we saw what Stitt was all about and I don't think it was going to be anything more than 6-8 win seasons. I think it was time to make a change, but so many are going to judge this based on next season, while I think you have to judge it on the next 2-3 years. I would rather take the chance on making a change and seeing results in 2 or 3 seasons than continue to watch the product of the last 3 and winning 7 games a season. Could things not turn out better, sure, but they could turn out much better. A lot of people gave Stitt the benefit of the doubt for a long time, and much of that changed on Saturday. There were many detractors from the beginning, but Stitt never accomplished anything to prove their fears wrong.

Chatty today aren't you?

Frisco

Clever.

But I will add on. I haven't been anti-Stitt at all but after this season it was pretty clear that there was no way it could continue as such, the very least that had to happen was Stitt on a very short leash, and by that I mean one more year, and a change at DC. However now that it's happened I am good with it, the question is will we get someone proven or trying to prove...it could be more of the same, we'll find out.

I would rather take the chance on a major surgery with a little risk than slowly bleed to death, I think that's about where we were. We weren't trending towards the top again.

SoldierGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
Blgs Griz Fan said:
AZGrizFan said:
That makes zero sense, I’m sorry. You’re going to give Hauck rope you weren’t willing to give Stitt? So, flush the next 2-3 seasons down the drain TOO? You demanded FASTER success from a guy who’d never coached at this level than one who has YEARS of experience?

Stitt's coaching abilities were an unknown at this level. I question whether he had the skill sets necessary to succeed. Hauck has proven himself in the FCS and as such has shown he has the ability. Therefore, I think Hauck deserves a longer rope. Not that he will need it because he will take the Griz to the top again.

Boy if that isn't reverse logic. He's proven it at this level, so we should give him LONGER. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't know what's so friggin hard about this: BH gets three seasons to win the conference, and lead the Griz to a deep playoff run (National Semis at a minimum). Beating the cats is a given.

I don't know why he would or should be given more time. I suppose his MT roots might count for something in others' eyes. But, it doesn't in mine. 3 seasons.

Bobby Hauck inherited a team that was in good shape and ranked the first time. If he were to become the coach now he inherits a team with talent but multiple holes in key positions, has not enjoyed post season success, and is no longer ranked in the top 25. He will also have to change the offense from Stitt's hurry up and hope we wear them out by the second half.

Blgs Griz Fan said:
SoldierGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
Blgs Griz Fan said:
Stitt's coaching abilities were an unknown at this level. I question whether he had the skill sets necessary to succeed. Hauck has proven himself in the FCS and as such has shown he has the ability. Therefore, I think Hauck deserves a longer rope. Not that he will need it because he will take the Griz to the top again.

Boy if that isn't reverse logic. He's proven it at this level, so we should give him LONGER. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't know what's so friggin hard about this: BH gets three seasons to win the conference, and lead the Griz to a deep playoff run (National Semis at a minimum). Beating the cats is a given.

I don't know why he would or should be given more time. I suppose his MT roots might count for something in others' eyes. But, it doesn't in mine. 3 seasons.

Bobby Hauck inherited a team that was in good shape and ranked the first time. If he were to become the coach now he inherits a team with talent but multiple holes in key positions, has not enjoyed post season success, and is no longer ranked in the top 25. He will also have to change the offense from Stitt's hurry up and hope we wear them out by the second half.

Stitt inherited a ranked playoff team as well. He also turned the roster over.

We should expect more from Hauck. These discussions should stay centered on the Program - much bigger than the coach. 3 years. Excuses didn't work for Stitt (QB injuries as most obvious), and they shouldn't work for Hauck.

I'm ready for the Program to rise.

mondayamqb said:
is having two small kids, a pregnant wife, nothing in the checking account, only cereal in the cupboard and needing three sales before the end of the month to earn a commission.

If you can't afford them don't have them!

SoldierGriz said:
Blgs Griz Fan said:
SoldierGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:

Stitt inherited a ranked playoff team as well. He also turned the roster over.

We should expect more from Hauck. These discussions should stay centered on the Program - much bigger than the coach. 3 years. Excuses didn't work for Stitt (QB injuries as most obvious), and they shouldn't work for Hauck.

I'm ready for the Program to rise.

I wouldn't expect Hauck to have or cause the extreme turnover of players that Stitt had. I assume that players departing will be only or mainly ones who don't want to work extremely hard (if any) and who feel the new coaches are too hard on them (if any). I wonder if Hauck and his coaches will be less hard on the players than they were when they arrived 15 years ago. While there will be holes to fill, as there always are, I don't see Hauck having to clean house or start over. The talent isn't as good as the hype, but there is talent. While Hauck will want to run the ball better, some have pointed out that Hauck went to a spread at UNLV, so it would seem that there will be room for almost everyone in current offense. Again, I'm assuming that we may see Rosenbach again. Doubt that his present job would keep him there.

CDAGRIZ said:
SoldierGriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:
If the new coach is a guy I like (good guy; strong family) who gives me the access to which I'm entitled, I will tolerate about three to five down years, maybe more. If, however, he's an outsider and therefore has no idea what Montana Football is all about, then he gets exactly four games to prove himself.

Reasonable. 4 games is adequate to assessass.

I think so, for a damned outsider who has no relatives that know any of my relatives.

My family homesteaded around Cat Creek, MT. If the new coach doesnt know anyone from there and doesnt let me in on game planning then I agree with CDA, 4 games. He has to win all 4 by 20+. If not he can just grab his clipboard and whistle and walk his a** out of WaGriz forever. Of course he would be stripped of all griz gear prior to leaving.

Back