• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

PRESSURE!

kemajic said:
AZGrizFan said:
G-BEARS said:
George Ferguson said:
HAHA, the season is eight months away, and the "give him time to get his team in place" mantra is already starting. During all the mid-season fire Stitt threads, there were TONS of references to JMU and winning in a coaches first year, and all it takes is the right guy. Fans get what they want, Stitt getting fired, and now they're already backing off the whole expectation thingy. Just goes to show it was indeed selfish and personal for some. lol.

The way this actually looks is you backing off YOUR mantra. haha

No, it doesn’t even begin to look like that. He’s 100% correct. Stitt was supposed to magically just start winning conference and national titles in year 2-3 but now Hauck is gonna get a longer rope? Totally counterintuitive with what the haters’ position was all season,..
Not counterintuitive at all. BH established a very enviable record at this level and at this institution. Stitt had not and did not. He won't need it, but BH should have a longer rope than the unknown Stitt. History shows that Hauck will get there.

I'm pretty sure that these powerful boosters who want to win now will not be pleased if Mr. Hauck can not deliver the goods. I believe he will, because Stitt has done a great job of building this team and he also would have experienced increased success over the next couple of years. I'm not saying that Hauck's coaching won't add value - hopefully it will.

PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
G-BEARS said:
George Ferguson said:
HAHA, the season is eight months away, and the "give him time to get his team in place" mantra is already starting. During all the mid-season fire Stitt threads, there were TONS of references to JMU and winning in a coaches first year, and all it takes is the right guy. Fans get what they want, Stitt getting fired, and now they're already backing off the whole expectation thingy. Just goes to show it was indeed selfish and personal for some. lol.

No, it doesn’t even begin to look like that. He’s 100% correct. Stitt was supposed to magically just start winning conference and national titles in year 2-3 but now Hauck is gonna get a longer rope? Totally counterintuitive with what the haters’ position was all season,..

Nope, you are wrong. Stitt was supposed to have decent record, beat Cats most of time, and get to playoffs. Not be 6th in the conference. Not get beat by Cats 2 years in a row. Not miss playoffs 2 years in a row. He was not supposed to take the program done from where Delaney had it. The program was not on an upward trend. It went down from where Delaney left it.

And 8-3 is what it takes to get into the playoffs yet ari gold is saying that should NOT be the bar for Hauck. :roll: :roll:

AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
G-BEARS said:

Nope, you are wrong. Stitt was supposed to have decent record, beat Cats most of time, and get to playoffs. Not be 6th in the conference. Not get beat by Cats 2 years in a row. Not miss playoffs 2 years in a row. He was not supposed to take the program done from where Delaney had it. The program was not on an upward trend. It went down from where Delaney left it.

And 8-3 is what it takes to get into the playoffs yet ari gold is saying that should NOT be the bar for Hauck. :roll: :roll:

8-3 this year for playoffs for big sky teams, but often 7-4 is enough. Also, strength of schedule.

Stitt was given 3 years after taking over for teams that had been ranked 12th and 8th in nation and in playoffs. Next coach takes over from team not ranked in top 25 or in playoffs for 2 years. Why doesn’t next coach have more rebuilding to do?

Griz appear to have good remaining talent but not great talent, and there are multiple holes. I have never believed all the hyped stuff about our recent talent. How many returning all conference players?

I am fine with an 8-3 bar in year 3.

AZGrizFan said:
kemajic said:
AZGrizFan said:
G-BEARS said:

Not counterintuitive at all. BH established a very enviable record at this level and at this institution. Stitt had not and did not. He won't need it, but BH should have a longer rope than the unknown Stitt. History shows the Hauck will get there.

That makes zero sense, I’m sorry. You’re going to give Hauck rope you weren’t willing to give Stitt? So, flush the next 2-3 seasons down the drain TOO? You demanded FASTER success from a guy who’d never coached at this level than one who has YEARS of experience?

Stitt's coaching abilities were an unknown at this level. I question whether he had the skill sets necessary to succeed. Hauck has proven himself in the FCS and as such has shown he has the ability. Therefore, I think Hauck deserves a longer rope. Not that he will need it because he will take the Griz to the top again.

Someone is going to look like a real fool when the Hauck regime hits it's stride very early.

HelenaHandBasket said:
Question: If the Griz fail to make the playoffs and go 7-4 or 6-5 next season, how will you react?

Helena, The Griz will make the play offs and beat the Bobcats with Bobby. He is a coach of all segments of the game and a great recruiter.

HelenaHandBasket said:
Question: If the Griz fail to make the playoffs and go 7-4 or 6-5 next season, how will you react?

If I've learned one thing, it's that most people's answer to your question is: "It depends on who is the coach."

Spanky said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

Helena, The Griz will make the play offs and beat the Bobcats with Bobby. He is a coach of all segments of the game and a great recruiter.

First, that does not answer the question. Second, it is a general question until an actual coach is announced.

kemajic said:
Someone is going to look like a real fool when the Hauck regime hits it's stride very early.

All depends on what he has to work with when the dust settles & how they fit into what he’s going to do.

Edit: really blanching at the term regime. Kim Jung f$&khead has a regime. & not the first time I’ve ever blanched. Used to get that feeling after listening to Stitt explain a quality loss @ a presser.

CDAGRIZ said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

If I've learned one thing, it's that most people's answer to your question is: "It depends on who is the coach."

Thanks to spanky, that has become apparent.

HelenaHandBasket said:
Spanky said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

First, that does not answer the question. Second, it is a general question until an actual coach is announced.

Yes, it is a general question, but your question is moot. If Bobby is the coach, I see a 9-2 record beating state and going to the play offs. And....filling the stadium!

HelenaHandBasket said:
CDAGRIZ said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

Thanks to spanky, that has become apparent.

That's actually pretty simple. IF our players are clearly ready to play, show more fire on the sidelines than they did against the cats (or in other words show they are being coached and motivated by those who should be doing so) win the games they are supposed to. Fans not being given a litany of shoulda coulda wouldas, and there loses are to better teams (not better coaches) then 7-4 or 6-5 might be okay for a while. The problem the last few years is I would doubt anyone (including the playoff committee) couldn't see it should have been much different. The reason Stitt isn't here anymore is we went backwards on all counts despite an improved record this year

Spanky said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Spanky said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

Yes, it is a general question, but your question is moot. If Bobby is the coach, I see a 9-2 record beating state and going to the play offs. And....filling the stadium!

So not even going to make an effort to actually answer the question?

HelenaHandBasket said:

Good luck getting a firm answer to that one. :lol: :lol: According to Kem, he's Bobby Fucking Hauck, he deserves a longer rope.

HelenaHandBasket said:
Spanky said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Spanky said:

So not even going to make an effort to actually answer the question?
I won’t be happy. There, I answered!

Blgs Griz Fan said:
AZGrizFan said:
kemajic said:
AZGrizFan said:
Not counterintuitive at all. BH established a very enviable record at this level and at this institution. Stitt had not and did not. He won't need it, but BH should have a longer rope than the unknown Stitt. History shows the Hauck will get there.

That makes zero sense, I’m sorry. You’re going to give Hauck rope you weren’t willing to give Stitt? So, flush the next 2-3 seasons down the drain TOO? You demanded FASTER success from a guy who’d never coached at this level than one who has YEARS of experience?

Stitt's coaching abilities were an unknown at this level. I question whether he had the skill sets necessary to succeed. Hauck has proven himself in the FCS and as such has shown he has the ability. Therefore, I think Hauck deserves a longer rope. Not that he will need it because he will take the Griz to the top again.

Boy if that isn't reverse logic. He's proven it at this level, so we should give him LONGER. :lol: :lol: :lol:

AZGrizFan said:
Blgs Griz Fan said:
AZGrizFan said:
kemajic said:

Boy if that isn't reverse logic. He's proven it at this level, so we should give him LONGER. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Can you just give it a rest; this circular argument has more than run its course. There is more interesting stuff to discuss than your hypothetical anti-Hauck rhetoric. It's going to be what it's going to be.

AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
G-BEARS said:

All I was really getting at was the fact that it is unfair to a coach to make big expectations in year 1, because most of the time year 1 is pretty tough sledding for a new coach. If Hauck indeed is back we have to keep in mind that this would be a different scenario than when he took over the first time. I think we have a lot of talent and potential, and Hauck would get the most out of it, but we should'nt just assume UM will fall right back into line with where they were in the first Hauck era. Would I be surprised if he won 8-9 games his 1st season? Nope.But do I expect it? Also nope. And for the Record, I was am am a fan of Bob Stitt, and was in the boat that implementing a new coach, staff and culture is not something easily attained in 1 season. I'll always support any head coach we have, and you wont find me on here bitching about this and that. Not my style.

AZGrizFan said:
Blgs Griz Fan said:
AZGrizFan said:
kemajic said:

I don't know what's so friggin hard about this: BH gets three seasons to win the conference, and lead the Griz to a deep playoff run (National Semis at a minimum). Beating the cats is a given.

I don't know why he would or should be given more time. I suppose his MT roots might count for something in others' eyes. But, it doesn't in mine. 3 seasons.

Back