• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Oregon and Oregon St Will Require Vaccine or Negative Test to be in Stadium

HookedonGriz

DONOR
Will be interesting to see what trickle effect this has....

https://www.oregonlive.com/sports/2021/08/spectators-at-oregon-oregon-state-football-games-other-events-must-show-proof-of-vaccination-or-negative-covid-19-test.html

Yes Missoula County or UM should do this if they can just like Raiders and likely many others. imagine the alternative of wearing a mask the whole game or rationing tickets/seats to keep distance. What other alternative is there?

speth said:
... What other alternative is there?

Just let every one come to the game as normal, spread the disease, and everyone will have natural immunity soon enough. There may be a small percentage die or become long haulers but those will most likely be the unvaccinated.

Or

You could stay home.

TrueGriz said:
Just let every one come to the game as normal, spread the disease, and everyone will have natural immunity soon enough. There may be a small percentage die or become long haulers but those will most likely be the unvaccinated.

Or

You could stay home.

Well said.

TrueGriz said:
speth said:

Or

You could stay home.

I’d argue precisely the opposite. Protect the at risk by requiring the vaccine. So get the damn shot.

Or you could just stay home.

EverettGriz said:
TrueGriz said:

Or

You could stay home.

I’d argue precisely the opposite. Protect the at risk by requiring the vaccine. So get the damn shot.

Except the vaccinated are now spreaders to the at risk...those with co morbidities who are not vaccinated need to have their affairs in order - as it has been from the very beginning.

Those fearful of the virus need to stay home.

EverettGriz said:
TrueGriz said:

Or

You could stay home.

I wasn't really making any argument, Just providing a couple of alternatives for Speth. I certainly didn't list all the alternatives which getting vaccinated to help avoid the worse side affects of COVID would appear to be the best alternative. Now that Pfizer is FDA approved go get it. May seem heartless but now that I am vaxxed, I really do not care if I spread to an anti-vaxxer who then dies from it. It was his choice. That is one of the alternatives although that would fit in with the first alternative I listed.

I was just telling my wife this morning that the way things were trending I wouldn’t be surprised if UM required a vaccine to attend football games. I’m thinking it’s coming, like it or not

I was just telling my wife this morning that the way things were trending I wouldn’t be surprised if UM required a vaccine to attend football games. I’m thinking it’s coming, like it or not

SoldierGriz said:
EverettGriz said:

Except the vaccinated are now spreaders to the at risk...those with co morbidities who are not vaccinated need to have their affairs in order - as it has been from the very beginning.

Nah I won't stay home because I am fully vaccinated and damn proud of it. Part of the solution and not the problem I am. I'm all for proving vaccination or a negative test. Might prevent stupid in the stadium.

grizindabox said:
I won't be surprised if masks are required for the UW game.

Or the vaccine. They’ve already required students to be vaccinated to attend in-person classes. Now that a vaccine is FDA approved, it seems even more likely.

nzone said:
SoldierGriz said:

Nah I won't stay home because I am fully vaccinated and damn proud of it. Part of the solution and not the problem I am. I'm all for proving vaccination or a negative test. Might prevent stupid in the stadium.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

That’s what true patriotism looks like.

Ursa Major said:
nzone said:

Uh huh; that's what Patriotism is. Eye roll.

I too am fully vaxxed. I am also now a spreader.

I don't care if a single additional person gets the vax.

SoldierGriz said:
Ursa Major said:

Uh huh; that's what Patriotism is. Eye roll.

I too am fully vaxxed. I am also now a spreader.

I don't care if a single additional person gets the vax.

Everyone is a spreader, but that is not the reason to get vaccinated. Being vaccinated means that if you get sick, you are more likely to have very mild to no symptoms. The deluge of hospitalizations are unvaccinated people, which have put a strain on healthcare facilities, which have brought us all back to mask mandates, and all the other 'fun' hoops people are having to jump through.

TrueGriz said:
speth said:

Or

You could stay home.

🤣🤣🤣

Back