• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Missoula Rises is giving Griz Nation a chance to submit some questions

CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
snap said:
grizcountry420 said:
More and more I think about this. Haslam has no spine. He’s not a leader. Look how’s he’s handled other issues? He’s no different than Engstrom. Such a chicken shit weasel..

Yep. Haslam has failed.

Who hired Hauck? That took brass balls.

Stitt was his "brass balls" hire. Didn't work out.

snap said:
CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
snap said:
grizcountry420 said:
More and more I think about this. Haslam has no spine. He’s not a leader. Look how’s he’s handled other issues? He’s no different than Engstrom. Such a chicken shit weasel..

Yep. Haslam has failed.

Who hired Hauck? That took brass balls.

Stitt was his "brass balls" hire. Didn't work out.

Christ...

The tail sure seems to be wagging the dog.

We seem to have two minority groups here that collectively probably make up no more than 15% of the general population that have created this monstrosity. I’m all for public debate but please consider how this all started and who started it.

The extremes of both groups, the Mikes and the Lisas, have used particularily crude words and messaging in this debate to incite their own and the other’s small but pationate bases. Lisa with her unfair and over the top faux book cover and Mike with his mysoginist rantings. The truly ironic piece is that both extreme ends of this bell curve here share so much in common. Both crave the attention of others, good or bad, and will go to extremes to garner that attention “for the cause.” Both also view themselves as victims and the other side as bullies. In a word, they are zealots.

So in the context of the ongoing cultural wars and strengthened by media attention and their own self-aggrandizing online polls, both groups have gained a following that has elevated this to a community-wide debate with the participation of a universty president.

Aside from the attention seeking of the zealots, Is there really that much to discuss here? The vast majority in the middle want to reduce sexual violence and want a UM football team that they can be proud of, on and off the field. Regardless of how you feel about Bobby Hauck, he will be the football coach.

What’s left? The zealots casting aspersions to each other so they can “convince” the other side that they are right? In the end, not changing one of the other zealots POV but walking away feeling better about themselves because they’re not one of those people.

The university has more pressing issues to deal with.

Missoula and Missoula Rises has more pressing issues to deal with (e.g. affordable housing, homelessness, opioid crisis).

As far as the Mikes and Lisas, who wants to spend time with intolerant self-absorbed bomb throwing zealots that taunt and bully others that don’t agree with them? In a word, assholes.

I apologize for the length of this post. If anyone needs me, I’ll be in the kinder and gentler Basketball forum.

Ursa, this post, combined with CDA’s recent use of the term “utility” got me thinking. Where is all this well-reasoned sensibility coming from? Because this is what I’m used to:

disguise-glasses-with-hairy-eyebrows-a-nose-and-mustache.gif

Frankly I count on this to help me justify treating each of my days like a Friday afternoon. But It’s now clear to me that you guys actually took the responsibility of higher education seriously, and are leveraging that UM education for good. I only wished I had done the same @ my Alma mater, “What’s-A-Matter-For-U.” (Coughing & sniffling).
Well, it’s off to yoga, shave & haircut & then Costco, always Costco, because soon, it really will be Friday afternoon & I’m out of Scotch.
God bless you.

I have a question for Lisa...

Is it true, the only reason why you cook up these stories is because it’s literally the only thing you can cook?

Ursa Major said:

We seem to have two minority groups here that collectively probably make up no more than 15% of the general population that have created this monstrosity. I’m all for public debate but please consider how this all started and who started it.

The extremes of both groups, the Mikes and the Lisas, have used particularily crude words and messaging in this debate to incite their own and the other’s small but pationate bases. Lisa with her unfair and over the top faux book cover and Mike with his mysoginist rantings. The truly ironic piece is that both extreme ends of this bell curve here share so much in common. Both crave the attention of others, good or bad, and will go to extremes to garner that attention “for the cause.” Both also view themselves as victims and the other side as bullies. In a word, they are zealots.

So in the context of the ongoing cultural wars and strengthened by media attention and their own self-aggrandizing online polls, both groups have gained a following that has elevated this to a community-wide debate with the participation of a universty president.

Aside from the attention seeking of the zealots, Is there really that much to discuss here? The vast majority in the middle want to reduce sexual violence and want a UM football team that they can be proud of, on and off the field. Regardless of how you feel about Bobby Hauck, he will be the football coach.

What’s left? The zealots casting aspersions to each other so they can “convince” the other side that they are right? In the end, not changing one of the other zealots POV but walking away feeling better about themselves because they’re not one of those people.

Missoula and Missoula Rises has more pressing issues to deal with (e.g. affordable housing, homelessness, opioid crisis).

As far as the Mikes and Lisas, who wants to spend time with intolerant self-absorbed bomb throwing zealots that taunt and bully others that don’t agree with them? In a word, assholes.

I apologize for the length of this post. If anyone needs me, I’ll be in the kinder and gentler Basketball forum.

This is an interesting post, UMajor, and has some truth to it. I don't know enough about Davey to pin some of this on her, but she is a bit extreme and is very short of facts

I think with the addition of Bodnar, the forum will be more balanced and polite and not, or less, hiss and boo. I am hopeful that some good can come out of it. Bodnar in particular, but also Haslam and Hauck, want the university to be favorably perceived by and for women. I looked up who the moderator is, and while I don't know her or anything about her, I doubt that she is as extreme as Davey and assume she wouldn't foster or encourage the hiss/boo crowd, especially with Bodnar there.

Bodnar is smart and well-spoken, and I assume he does well at things like this. Haslam/Hauck spoke well at the announcement event, but, of course, that was a friendly forum.

snap said:
grizcountry420 said:

Yep. Haslam has failed.

I'm generally a Haslam supporter, and I think he's done a superb job at many, many things, but I think he failed mightily at the onset of this issue. First in not predicting this type of a misguided witch hunt and being prepared for it and secondly in not slapping down Davey with her personal, slanderous attack on his new coaching hire that was full of lies and half-truths. I blame him for this thing having ANY legs at this point. He could have cut her off at the knees that day (like he did Alpha), but he chose not to and legitimized her lies. And actually, HAD he cut her off at the knees there in all likelihood would have BEEN NO response from those like Alpha. But he didn't, so here we are. We are left with Haslam, Hauck and Bodnar tied to the stake in front of what will NOT be a kind, forgiving, supportive crowd.

This should go well. :roll: :roll:

I’m no Haslam apologist, but do believe he played this as well as could be expected given the circumstances.

One party, the nine year old with his own website, further empowered the agenda-driven, concerned citizen who was yelling “rape culture” at anyone who would listen. “Cutting her off at the knees” was never an option for him, or anyone else paying attention. He did the right thing by condemning a personal attack that included a home address & a lot of crap that you could have expected given the source.

If he, Seth, Bobby & the U are going to effectively deal with Lisa Davey & her supporters, it needs to be a fact-filled, emotion-less recount of the facts laced with we’re sorry that this is how you feel but that it doesn’t exactly square with those facts. & that while there have been unfortunate incidents @ the U, it is now currently acknowledged as being one of the “gold standard” institutions in terms of dealing with the issues Lisa so deeply cares about. Cutting her off... while perhaps temporarily satisfying, won’t be as effective as holding her up to the light for all to see. She’ll likely still have her supporters, but will have also helped to cement support for those of us who don’t think she’s quite genuine.

Then they can get this back into the 24 hour news loop, put some healing distance back on this & get on to the business of running their respective businesses.

Ursa Major said:

Great post. Very smart.

AZGrizFan said:
snap said:
grizcountry420 said:

Yep. Haslam has failed.

I'm generally a Haslam supporter, and I think he's done a superb job at many, many things, but I think he failed mightily at the onset of this issue. First in not predicting this type of a misguided witch hunt and being prepared for it and secondly in not slapping down Davey with her personal, slanderous attack on his new coaching hire that was full of lies and half-truths. I blame him for this thing having ANY legs at this point. He could have cut her off at the knees that day (like he did Alpha), but he chose not to and legitimized her lies. And actually, HAD he cut her off at the knees there in all likelihood would have BEEN NO response from those like Alpha. But he didn't, so here we are. We are left with Haslam, Hauck and Bodnar tied to the stake in front of what will NOT be a kind, forgiving, supportive crowd.

I couldn't agree more. Good post.

AZGrizFan said:
snap said:
grizcountry420 said:

Yep. Haslam has failed.

AG1s stupidity happened before the press conference. Had Haslam publicly called out Davey and cut her off at the knees, it would have been WAAAAY worse. Haslam was placed in a no-win situation. Had he publicly called out both, many in the left would have seen it as a repudiation of women and being insensitive to the plight of women in Missoula, thus reinforcing the notion of athletic department complicity in sexual harassment, rape, and general lawlessness. This makes his job, Bodnar’s job, and Hauck’s job much harder with less community goodwill.

The person responsible for giving this legs is AG1. Even though Davey’s petition was full of lies and misinformation (not to mention that doctored cover), AG1 gave Davey bonna fide victim status and, in her’s and many other’s minds, substantiated her claims.

Going after her at all after what AG1 did will only strengthen her cause. Even with what she is saying being patently false.

PDXGrizzly said:
AZGrizFan said:
snap said:
grizcountry420 said:

Yep. Haslam has failed.

AG1s stupidity happened before the press conference. Had Haslam publicly called out Davey and cut her off at the knees, it would have been WAAAAY worse. Haslam was placed in a no-win situation. Had he publicly called out both, many in the left would have seen it as a repudiation of women and being insensitive to the plight of women in Missoula, thus reinforcing the notion of athletic department complicity in sexual harassment, rape, and general lawlessness. This makes his job, Bodnar’s job, and Hauck’s job much harder with less community goodwill.

The person responsible for giving this legs is AG1. Even though Davey’s petition was full of lies and misinformation (not to mention that doctored cover), AG1 gave Davey bonna fide victim status and, in her’s and many other’s minds, substantiated her claims.

Going after her at all after what AG1 did will only strengthen her cause. Even with what she is saying being patently false.
:thumb: Good post. Open communication is needed on both sides not just confrontation. I hope Missoula Rises continues this past this event to address further issues in the general Missoula Community as well. Doing business outside the state, people have heard that Missoula is the most dangerous place to live in Montana (not a reputation that helps anything).

So what I want to know is when the Missoula Rises people bring up Jordy Johnson who is going to cut them off at the knees.

His rape trial keeps being brought up by these people and they always fail to mention that he was found not guilty by all the jurors in about 15 minutes. If anything he was the victim in the thing and apparently got some kink of settlement from the University for the way Engstom handled it and probably should have sued the county attorney, the Missoulian, our favorite reporter and especially his false accuser on top of that.

That was some real preferential treatment given to a Griz football player right there folks.

PDXGrizzly said:
AZGrizFan said:
snap said:
grizcountry420 said:

Yep. Haslam has failed.

This. Exactly.

Latest posts

Back