• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Missoula Rises is giving Griz Nation a chance to submit some questions

PDXGrizzly said:
signedbewildered said:
I will say this. After a quick search of the list of people that are attending this event U of M will have their hands full keeping it from becoming a yelling match. These are mostly all friends of Davey's and her boyfriend from Mt Public Radio Holbrook.

They can be loud and vulgar, they love to hate and pick fun of people that do not agree with them, they work best in large groups, they are always right. There is no other opinions, I repeat, they are ALWAYS right.

There are many reasons this radical group is attending this event but listening isn't one of them....so well....good luck with that.

If they want to act crazy, then that’s on them. That Hauck et al are engaging them is a win already. If they choose to be shrill a**holes, then everyone will know who and what they are and their cause suffers. Like I said, Hauck and Bodnar are taking the long view. As long as they are civil and don’t say anything truely incendiary, then they will have won.

Having some insight on the format there will be no crowd questions. All questions have been prepared already, some from here, some from the UM itself, others from the MR group. My understanding is that Wilma security has been instructed if there are interrupting shouts from the crowd those individuals may be shown the door.

Also for me... I’m unfortunately not going to make it. Came down with a virus that sent me to the ER for sepsis tests. Still not even out of bed. Can’t imagine I’ll make a full recovery. Bummed that this hit me so hard that it’d knock me out of this event.

BWahlberg said:
PDXGrizzly said:
signedbewildered said:
I will say this. After a quick search of the list of people that are attending this event U of M will have their hands full keeping it from becoming a yelling match. These are mostly all friends of Davey's and her boyfriend from Mt Public Radio Holbrook.

They can be loud and vulgar, they love to hate and pick fun of people that do not agree with them, they work best in large groups, they are always right. There is no other opinions, I repeat, they are ALWAYS right.

There are many reasons this radical group is attending this event but listening isn't one of them....so well....good luck with that.

If they want to act crazy, then that’s on them. That Hauck et al are engaging them is a win already. If they choose to be shrill a**holes, then everyone will know who and what they are and their cause suffers. Like I said, Hauck and Bodnar are taking the long view. As long as they are civil and don’t say anything truely incendiary, then they will have won.

Having some insight on the format there will be no crowd questions. All questions have been prepared already, some from here, some from the UM itself, others from the MR group. My understanding is that Wilma security has been instructed if there are interrupting shouts from the crowd those individuals may be shown the door.

Also for me... I’m unfortunately not going to make it. Came down with a virus that sent me to the ER for sepsis tests. Still not even out of bed. Can’t imagine I’ll make a full recovery. Bummed that this hit me so hard that it’d knock me out of this event.

I nominate PR to take over...

AZDoc said:
BWahlberg said:
PDXGrizzly said:
signedbewildered said:

Respect to PR, but he might go all lawyer and ruin it. Too bad you can’t go Brint. Any idea what questions made the cut from eGriz?

PDXGrizzly said:
AZDoc said:
BWahlberg said:
PDXGrizzly said:

Respect to PR, but he might go all lawyer and ruin it. Too bad you can’t go Brint. Any idea what questions made the cut from eGriz?

No clue, they didn’t want to give any of the panelists the questions in advance.

BWahlberg said:
PDXGrizzly said:
signedbewildered said:

Well isn’t that just fucking convenient?? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

AZGrizFan said:
BWahlberg said:
PDXGrizzly said:
signedbewildered said:

Well isn’t that just f***[*] convenient?? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I knew you'd be in here to bust my chops. :p

This is about as dumb as the time I watched a guy drive his truck on the reservoir during the spring thaw to fish. It never ends well.

What a fucking waste.

Edit: has nothing to do with you Brint, I applaud you for your willingness to stand up. I've just seen enough on social media. An open forum will not change the minds of those already entrenched in their cause. Lisa, Gwen, the book, the droolian. None of those will be happy until a football team is nothing short of disbanding. A speeding ticket will give any one of those mentioned a forum for attention. All they want is a fish for the day. They don't care about learning to fish for themselves.

Dmontanagrizzlies said:
This is about as dumb as the time I watched a guy drive his truck on the reservoir during the spring thaw to fish. It never ends well.

What a f***[*] waste.

Edit: has nothing to do with you Brint, I applaud you for your willingness to stand up. I've just seen enough on social media. An open forum will not change the minds of those already entrenched in their cause. Lisa, Gwen, the book, the droolian. None of those will be happy until a football team is nothing short of disbanding.

Its interesting, I used to think the same and in some regards I'm sure a few (or maybe a whole bunch) want that to happen, and that's fine, they can have that opinion. However getting to know more and more people in their group, a lot of them (including Lisa Davey) are Griz fans, and appear to be good supporters too. I think a big group of them just worry about past actions and want to give more voice to why they're worried. Kudos to Bobby, Kent, and President Bodnar for taking their request to be a part of this discussion seriously.

If this helps narrow the divide for some/most, then mission accomplished. I know there'll be hard-line opinions on both sides that won't care about bridging any gaps, but that's the way it goes, and I'm just hopeful this makes a good impact overall.

(and no worries dmont, I know you're not directing that towards me)

BWahlberg said:
Dmontanagrizzlies said:

What a f***[*] waste.

Edit: has nothing to do with you Brint, I applaud you for your willingness to stand up. I've just seen enough on social media. An open forum will not change the minds of those already entrenched in their cause. Lisa, Gwen, the book, the droolian. None of those will be happy until a football team is nothing short of disbanding.

Its interesting, I used to think the same and in some regards I'm sure a few (or maybe a whole bunch) want that to happen, and that's fine, they can have that opinion. However getting to know more and more people in their group, a lot of them (including Lisa Davey) are Griz fans, and appear to be good supporters too. I think a big group of them just worry about past actions and want to give more voice to why they're worried. Kudos to Bobby, Kent, and President Bodnar for taking their request to be a part of this discussion seriously.

If this helps narrow the divide for some/most, then mission accomplished. I know there'll be hard-line opinions on both sides that won't care about bridging any gaps, but that's the way it goes, and I'm just hopeful this makes a good impact overall.

Sorry, but as long as Davey is involved, it's lost any pretense of a "kumbaya moment"....

BWahlberg said:
Dmontanagrizzlies said:

What a f***[*] waste.

What now worries me is the questions that the moderator might ask. Now that we have had the discussion on eGriz, I’m worried that some of the questions they choose will be the ones that are not constructive and very antagonistic. There is a lot of anger directed at this forum and some of the participants. I’m just nervous about it.

PDXGrizzly said:
BWahlberg said:
Dmontanagrizzlies said:

What a f***[*] waste.

What now worries me is the questions that the moderator might ask. Now that we have had the discussion on eGriz, I’m worried that some of the questions they choose will be the ones that are not constructive and very antagonistic. There is a lot of anger directed at this forum and some of the participants. I’m just nervous about it.

Could be. I was told the plan is for it to be a discussion with no "gotcha" questions. With Molloy, an employee of the UM, being part of this I assume there's some sort of balance to the questions going in.

Back