• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Mellott injury

Status
Not open for further replies.
CatsRback said:
AZGrizFan said:
Scats just a 3.5 point favorite against Weebs.

No kidding? An away game against a top 10 team and we’re still favorites? Crazy….
Chambers is good. Smart move to bring him in. He’s played college football as long as Andy Dalton has played in the NFL. But seriously he is very good.

poorgriz said:
oldrunner said:
Last year's regular season game.Tommy injured, wasn't supposed to play, and played the whole game.

Gotchya. I honestly don't remember that but sometimes my memory sucks so I'll believe you. If Vigen literally said, "Tommy is not playing this Saturday.", and the 2-deep did not list him (Which is where we're at with Tommy this weekend), then yes I agree that's playin games by the HC. All said, I seriously doubt Tommy plays vs Weber.

Does anyone know what his injury is? I’ve read a lot of things; the scariest one being a concussion. Even MSU probably wouldn’t let a guy with three concussions play, but who knows?

UncleRico said:
CatsRback said:
No kidding? An away game against a top 10 team and we’re still favorites? Crazy….
Chambers is good. Smart move to bring him in. He’s played college football as long as Andy Dalton has played in the NFL. But seriously he is very good.

Can’t be longer than Ferris State’s QB…this was his 8th year.

oldrunner said:
poorgriz said:
Wat? When did Vigen supposedly do this? I know there are some other teams and coaches that play games with the two deep, fudge about player injuries and availability, etc. But to my knowledge that isn't something Vigen does?
Last year's regular season game.Tommy injured, wasn't supposed to play, and played the whole game.
Not sure where you’re getting this. He was literally listed #1 on the depth chart cat/griz week. Chambers #2.

If you have a link of Vigen saying that I’d love to see it. I watch all the pressers and never recall even a question about Tommy not playing. Unless you count anonymous speculation on message boards then maybe it was brought up.

But I’ve never heard of a coach claiming a player wouldn’t play, then list him #1 on the depth chart.

ilovethecats said:
oldrunner said:
Not sure where you’re getting this. He was literally listed #1 on the depth chart cat/griz week. Chambers #2.

If you have a link of Vigen saying that I’d love to see it. I watch all the pressers and never recall even a question about Tommy not playing. Unless you count anonymous speculation on message boards then maybe it was brought up.

But I’ve never heard of a coach claiming a player wouldn’t play, then list him #1 on the depth chart.

He’s not talking about the ‘Scat/Griz game.

ilovethecats said:
oldrunner said:

Old is a webber grill fan. That's the game he's referencing. No idea whether he's right, because why the hell would I care about a webber/bubs game?

AZGrizFan said:
ilovethecats said:

He’s not talking about the ‘Scat/Griz game.

Is oldrunner not a griz fan? His initial post said Vigen pulled the same thing “on us” last year and he wasn’t supposed to play and played all game. When asked when that was he responded the “last game of regular season”. Which as we know is cat griz.

If he was talking about another game against another team my apologies.

EverettGriz said:
ilovethecats said:

Old is a webber grill fan. That's the game he's referencing. No idea whether he's right, because why the hell would I care about a webber/bubs game?
Gotcha! Makes sense.

Mellott is most likely out for 5 weeks..watch the scats/hatters game. there is at least one good shot of him on the sidelines and he may as well be holding a great big cue card with an arrow painted on it pointing to his injury....simple injury but takes some time to heal. of course I could be wrong but could be right..:).

retiredpopo said:
Mellott is most likely out for 5 weeks..watch the scats/hatters game. there is at least one good shot of him on the sidelines and he may as well be holding a great big cue card with an arrow painted on it pointing to his injury....simple injury but takes some time to heal. of course I could be wrong but could be right..:).
I'll believe it when I see it on Saturday. Personally, I hope he does play.

At this point it really doesn't matter. Both he and Chambers are great runners and run a ton from the QB or TB positions. With only one of them ready to play, it makes the passing game a bit less dangerous, IMHO.

So far, there is little information on the nature of the injury, just a lot of speculation. It could be anything from a mild head cold to a broken leg. We will probably never know or at least until he is back playing. It's really a moot point. They are still the same team, just not as deep at that position if he is out for a while. If they do play him, and he is not 100%, they could be risking a more serious injury.

https://msubobcats.com/documents/2022/12/1/MSU_2-deep_for_WSU2.pdf
I found both depth charts and both had Mellot starting against Weber in 2022. For some reason I can't copy and paste the oct one. but both show Mellott as the starter.

oldrunner said:
retiredpopo said:
I'll believe it when I see it on Saturday. Personally, I hope he does play.

At this point it really doesn't matter. Both he and Chambers are great runners and run a ton from the QB or TB positions. With only one of them ready to play, it makes the passing game a bit less dangerous, IMHO.

So far, there is little information on the nature of the injury, just a lot of speculation. It could be anything from a mild head cold to a broken leg. We will probably never know or at least until he is back playing. It's really a moot point. They are still the same team, just not as deep at that position if he is out for a while. If they do play him, and he is not 100%, they could be risking a more serious injury.

According to this article, it's his right knee.

https://www.kulr8.com/sports/montana-state/mellott-ruled-out-for-bobcats-conference-opener-against-weber-state/article_2802c3de-11b6-5eb2-8c8c-33ebf543e56f.html

The drunk cats coaches are personally responsible for injuring him. If I was Mellott or his family I’d be livid. They were doing fake handoffs to him about 10 different times vs SDSU allowing defenders to absolutely tee off on him. You can see where he gets hurt directly from one of those plays. Just dumb as shit and directly on the coaches.

I heard Mellot was in a wheel chair. He was in the crash that delayed the Hatters team from getting to the game earlier.

HookedonGriz said:
The drunk cats coaches are personally responsible for injuring him. If I was Mellott or his family I’d be livid. They were doing fake handoffs to him about 10 different times vs SDSU allowing defenders to absolutely tee off on him. You can see where he gets hurt directly from one of those plays. Just dumb as shit and directly on the coaches.

It is their culture to run their players into the ground and not care about what happens to their bodies. Look what they did to Troy Anderson. His junior season they would have him limp out onto the field and run him straight up the middle, then limp back off of the field. They didn't care then, and they don't care about Tommy now. Win at all costs, even when the costs are real kids who put their faith in the coaching staff to look out for them.

ElrodGrizzly said:
HookedonGriz said:
The drunk cats coaches are personally responsible for injuring him. If I was Mellott or his family I’d be livid. They were doing fake handoffs to him about 10 different times vs SDSU allowing defenders to absolutely tee off on him. You can see where he gets hurt directly from one of those plays. Just dumb as poop and directly on the coaches.

It is their culture to run their players into the ground and not care about what happens to their bodies. Look what they did to Troy Anderson. His junior season they would have him limp out onto the field and run him straight up the middle, then limp back off of the field. They didn't care then, and they don't care about Tommy now. Win at all costs, even when the costs are real kids who put their faith in the coaching staff to look out for them.

Too bad for Troy landing in the NFL.

Players like that want to be out there. They want the ball.

ElrodGrizzly said:
HookedonGriz said:
The drunk cats coaches are personally responsible for injuring him. If I was Mellott or his family I’d be livid. They were doing fake handoffs to him about 10 different times vs SDSU allowing defenders to absolutely tee off on him. You can see where he gets hurt directly from one of those plays. Just dumb as poop and directly on the coaches.

Dumb take. Look what the griz are doing to Gubner, AJ Forbes, etc. I can't believe they made Forbes go back into that game.

Robsnotes4u said:
ElrodGrizzly said:

Too bad for Troy landing in the NFL.

Players like that want to be out there. They want the ball.

And sometimes it is a coach's job to reel that instinct in rather than trash his body. Yea, he landed in the NFL. He's still young. Its a shame he is going to deal with more pain and lack of mobility as he ages, though, all so that the cats could run him into the middle of the line for a two yard gain over and over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back