• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Kent Baer will be hired as Griz defensive coordinator

EverettGriz said:
alabamagrizzly said:
EverettGriz said:
My final post on this, because I think Raider has a pretty good philosophy regarding this thread:

David Hasselhoff has decades of acting experience at the highest levels.

Doesn't mean he's any good at it.

Are you freaking kidding me?!!!! Name one bad movie the Hoff has done! Can’t, can you! That’s cus there ain’t any. The man is a genius and maybe the finest actor of his generation which is like the last 40 years and he is still kickin out killer movies like The Sharknado series, Killing Hasselhoff, and of course saving the Batwatch disaster with his cameo. You need to come back to reality Everett and recognize his greatness.

First to admit when I’m wrong. Can’t argue with anything here. Not sure what got into me. Thanks for bringing me back to reality, Bama.

It’s cool. Sorry for jumping all over you the way I did. When the Hoff’s name is brought up negatively, I have to come to his defense.

PlayerRep said:
alabamagrizzly said:
EverettGriz said:
My final post on this, because I think Raider has a pretty good philosophy regarding this thread:

Are you freaking kidding me?!!!! Name one bad movie the Hoff has done! Can’t, can you! That’s cus there ain’t any. The man is a genius and maybe the finest actor of his generation which is like the last 40 years and he is still kickin out killer movies like The Sharknado series, Killing Hasselhoff, and of course saving the Batwatch disaster with his cameo. You need to come back to reality Everett and recognize his greatness.

Name one top and acclaimened movie he has done.

Well I believe I already have but here’s a complete list. Top to bottom, everything he’s done is pure cinema magic. Musically the man is a genius too. Anybody who can’t recognize his greatness has obviously never “played the game”.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_works_by_David_Hasselhoff

alabamagrizzly said:
PlayerRep said:
alabamagrizzly said:
EverettGriz said:

Name one top and acclaimened movie he has done.

Well I believe I already have but here’s a complete list. Top to bottom, everything he’s done is pure cinema magic. Musically the man is a genius too. Anybody who can’t recognize his greatness has obviously never “played the game”.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_works_by_David_Hasselhoff
:lol: :lol:

jcu27 said:
AZGrizFan said:
kemajic said:
Possibly after we find out he does not call full-out blitzes on 3rd and 34 against a running QB, and fear of zone coverages, you can relax. If not perfect, we will be better off.

Sure, that'd be a step up, but if the numbers don't improve, then what? Is Bobby going to be accepting of a defense that averages giving up 30 a game?

Is that really a question..?

Was there a question mark at the end of the sentence?

alabamagrizzly said:
EverettGriz said:
alabamagrizzly said:
EverettGriz said:

First to admit when I’m wrong. Can’t argue with anything here. Not sure what got into me. Thanks for bringing me back to reality, Bama.

It’s cool. Sorry for jumping all over you the way I did. When the Hoff’s name is brought up negatively, I have to come to his defense.

:lol:

EverettGriz said:
alabamagrizzly said:
EverettGriz said:
alabamagrizzly said:

:lol:

That's right up there with saying William Shatner is not a genius.

AZGrizFan said:
jcu27 said:
AZGrizFan said:
kemajic said:
Possibly after we find out he does not call full-out blitzes on 3rd and 34 against a running QB, and fear of zone coverages, you can relax. If not perfect, we will be better off.

Sure, that'd be a step up, but if the numbers don't improve, then what? Is Bobby going to be accepting of a defense that averages giving up 30 a game?

Is that really a question..?

Was there a question mark at the end of the sentence?
bobby_h.jpg

Spanky said:
reinell30 said:
jcu27 said:

Now that's funny I don't care who you are!!
Just shows how close they are. AZ is in melt down and can’t accept the departure of his good friend.

So, anybody who has an opinion different than yours and deigns to share it is automatically in “meltdown” mode? WAFJ.

I do find it hilarious that questioning Hauck or a Hauck hire automatically makes me a Stitt lover....whatever floats your boat, snowflake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FWIW, I have known the Hauck family for half a century. They are terrific people. That said, I do not think Bobby is a god, and I too have some issues with some of his defensive hires and with the fact he did not retain either Selle or Ferriter. I'm more or less okay with the fact that Bobby was re-hired, but I still think it's a bit like marrying your ex. I am not going to support him blindly, and I think that is what some people are doing here.

'68griz said:
FWIW, I have known the Hauck family for half a century. They are terrific people. That said, I do not think Bobby is a god, and I too have some issues with some of his defensive hires and with the fact he did not retain either Selle or Ferriter. I'm more or less okay with the fact that Bobby was re-hired, but I still think it's a bit like marrying your ex. I am not going to support him blindly, and I think that is what some people are doing here.

Ya think? :lol: :lol:

AZGrizFan said:
'68griz said:

Agreed, but gotta admit I laughed at the 3 of “you” in that picture.

'68griz said:
Do you think it is appropriate for people to oppose him before his first practice?
He is one of the greatest coaches in our history and deserves our support.

Spanky said:
'68griz said:
Do you think it is appropriate for people to oppose him before his first practice?
No, he is a new coach. He is no more "deserving" of our support than Stitt or any other just-hired coach. Of course, I will root for him and cheer for the Griz, because that is what I do, and have done for 60+ years. But, I won't do it because I think he "deserves" that I do so.

AZGrizFan said:
'68griz said:

I think many are excited about the idea of BH's return.

Does anyone really think BH will go without criticism during his tenure? Go into the eGriz magic time machine...plenty of criticism to go around.

BH needs to produce results just like all other coaches. I've not seen anyone post something to the contrary.

Win the conference. Beat the cats. Compete deep into the playoffs. Run a clean program and graduate athletes.

SoldierGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
'68griz said:

Does anyone really think BH will go without criticism during his tenure? Go into the eGriz magic time machine...plenty of criticism to go around.

BH needs to produce results just like all other coaches. I've not seen anyone post something to the contrary.

Win the conference. Beat the cats. Compete deep into the playoffs. Run a clean program and graduate athletes.

So true. It will be interesting to see reactions if there is some adversity next year. BH better go undefeated because first loss this forum will be insane.

dayday said:
SoldierGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
'68griz said:

So true. It will be interesting to see reactions if there is some adversity next year. BH better go undefeated because first loss this forum will be insane.

Some will post irrationally next season. They will do so to make their point about Stitt's firing.

Likely examples:

"Did the defense really give up a 3rd and 30? Yeah, that's an improvement."
"Our running game averages are similar to last year. Yeah, that's an improvement."
"I thought BH was a special teams guru! How did they return that punt for a TD? It's not better."

It'll get silly in here.

The vast majority will likely grant BH some grace next season or so. But, he won't get much more than that. He'll need to demonstrate significant, tangible improvements over the first 3 seasons for sure.

Spanky said:
'68griz said:
Questioning a staff hire is not “opposing him”. That’s taking a statement and a concern to an illogical extreme...

Back