• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Junior Day List

fanofzoo said:
Talked to Graves' Dad out of Eureka, 6'3" 190. Won state in wrestling and football. Not bad.

Less than enthused about how junior day went.

Well why was he less than enthused? Did he expect to get treated to strippers and blow?

BDizzle said:
fanofzoo said:
Talked to Graves' Dad out of Eureka, 6'3" 190. Won state in wrestling and football. Not bad.

Well why was he less than enthused? Did he expect to get treated to strippers and blow?

Dad used to rope for Western so that might have helped.

BDizzle said:
fanofzoo said:

You took it to that level....and I laughed. :clap:

BDizzle said:
fanofzoo said:

I would be curious to know why? As opposed to an anonymous cryptic post. Every program has a different way of doing things. What didn't resonate with him? It appears as if many kids had good experiences. Why not him.

So, I did not see Nathaniel Ferguson on this list, a kicker from Butte. From what I understand he got an offer from the Cats and not the GRIZ and he ended up at the kitties camp. He is probably going to be one of the best kickers to come out of Montana since Carpenter and the kid out ofBillings that ended up going to Perdue.
If there is any position where we need help, it is our kicking game!

ordigger said:
krammer said:
Paytonlives said:
bgbigdog said:
Hey Payton - no assignment here, but any idea how many of these kinds of prior visits turn out as commitments for Stitt? I recall some impressive stats for #'s of kids attending junior day.

Without looking... I would say about 70% of his recruits

article in billings gazette suggested there were around 180 juniors that attended this event....

Think you read that wrong, not 70% of the people that were there, but 70% of his incoming class each year, is how I read it.

Yes... 70% of his Griz Signies...

LivingstonNative said:
So, I did not see Nathaniel Ferguson on this list, a kicker from Butte. From what I understand he got an offer from the Cats and not the GRIZ and he ended up at the kitties camp. He is probably going to be one of the best kickers to come out of Montana since Carpenter and the kid out of Billings that ended up going to Perdue.

Its not a simple as that...

The Griz have 3 Kickers on the roster, 1 Junior and 2 Sophomores. If the coaches are happy then this class does not need a kicker. I would agree that the kickers struggled last year, but we don't see all that has happened in the last 7 months.

Remember recruiting is not just "well we like that guy, so we will sign him"

There are 100's of variables to the recruiting game.

Oh and by the way the cats have offered 9,000,000 players this year already

there are so many juniors invited and I'm easily confused,,,,does anyone have a handle on which of these juniors are the cream of the crop, that we really, really want as a griz ?

krammer said:
there are so many juniors invited and I'm easily confused,,,,does anyone have a handle on which of these juniors are the cream of the crop, that we really, really want as a griz ?

Have not watched all the films.... but

The two kids from O'dea HS are in my top 5. Funkhouser WR is really good and a few of the QB's have great films.

Montana kids would be DL/OL Quick, Sulser and my #1 for the state Turner RB from Glacier

Paytonlives said:
krammer said:

The two kids from O'dea HS are in my top 5. Funkhouser WR is really good and a few of the QB's have great films.

Montana kids would be DL/OL Quick, Sulser and my #1 for the state Turner RB from Glacier

thanks payton for making it somewhat manageable for folks like me....appreciate it.

LivingstonNative said:
So, I did not see Nathaniel Ferguson on this list, a kicker from Butte. From what I understand he got an offer from the Cats and not the GRIZ and he ended up at the kitties camp. He is probably going to be one of the best kickers to come out of Montana since Carpenter and the kid out ofBillings that ended up going to Perdue.

And a punter. And a good sized receiver (6-1, 208, 4.67)! :thumb: Stitt always like another receiver!

Paytonlives said:
krammer said:

I agree with the kids you highlighted.

Kramer, I commented on the D-Tackle from O'dea earlier, he would be a huge get. Do yourself a favor and watch his film. HIs RB teammate (from a traditional power at O'Dea) is quite good too.

Here's another gem: https://youtu.be/HoLF19bB1zI
(Nick Pierro has been a starter in 5A football in Colorado since being a Sophomore, named a top CO DB his JR year, an aggressive/big-hitting safety)

intuitivegriz,,,the pierro kid is impressive in both pass defense and sure tackler....I did watch the running back from odea but did not see a link on the o lineman.....I probably over looked it.....thanks for your help and expertise in this area....makes this recruiting thing a lot of fun....

Buttegrizzle said:
LivingstonNative said:

And a punter. And a good sized receiver (6-1, 208, 4.67)! :thumb: Stitt always like another receiver!

Griz coaching staff take notice. You have a seriously multi-talented young student-athlete with skills in positions where Montana has been frankly abysmal in the last couple of years residing practically in your own backyard. Not to mention he has received interest from nearly every Ivy league school. And he is a very bright scholar---obviously since he is garnering notice from the likes of Harvard, Yale, Dartmouth. He has been a Griz fan for years, has attended many games, and needless to say would love to be a part of the program. Need any more information Coach Stitt?

griz71 said:
Buttegrizzle said:
LivingstonNative said:

Griz coaching staff take notice. You have a seriously multi-talented young student-athlete with skills in positions where Montana has been frankly abysmal in the last couple of years residing practically in your own backyard. Not to mention he has received interest from nearly every Ivy league school. And he is a very bright scholar---obviously since he is garnering notice from the likes of Harvard, Yale, Dartmouth. He has been a Griz fan for years, has attended many games, and needless to say would love to be a part of the program. Need any more information Coach Stitt?

:clap: :clap: :clap: :thumb:

Nice WORK men!!

Back