• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

If you were Haslem

What would you do?

• Sign Stitt to a 3 year contract (No Changes)

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • Sign Stitt to a 2 year contract (No changes)

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Sign Stitt to a 2 year contract and fire Semore

Votes: 27 16.8%
  • Sign Stitt to a 1 year contract (No Changes)

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • Sign Stitt to a 1 year contract and fire Semore

Votes: 50 31.1%
  • Fire all of them

Votes: 63 39.1%
  • Fire Stitt and Keep Semore

Votes: 2 1.2%

• Total voters
HelenaHandBasket said:
astutegriz said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
kemajic said:
Well, #30 ain't so hot.

Kem, I am not on the Stitt bandwagon. But Fahque is on point with his post.

And that point is what, we could hire Bill Belichick or my neighbor Freda down the street who lives with 18 cats, either could be #1 or #120 we just don’t know, so both are equally qualified.

Only for the stupid. People that have actually followed the conversation would realize he is commenting about Hauck and all the Griz fans that are positive his hire would bring back the good ol' days. For being astutegriz, you are far from.

Lol. Chill. I typically like your posts, and I’m a smart ass. My bad. Anyway, it’s analytics. Life is a game of chance, but one shouldn’t throw up their hands and say - gee, whatever we do, we just don’t know, so why bother thinking. Instead, one maximizes their probability for success based on past experience and other factors. It’s why people look at resumes and interview people. The past experience of Hauck at UM is pretty damn good. Hauck would have stayed ten years as long as he was successful and retired here. Haslam explicitly passed on that and chose Stitt. Fact. He wanted his guy. Many knew this first hand. That is why the conversation keeps coming back for many. A bigger mistake was thinking he had to keep the temp guy more than one year. We are paying the downturn in recruiting right now. How many upper class Mick guys did we have?

astutegriz said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
astutegriz said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Kem, I am not on the Stitt bandwagon. But Fahque is on point with his post.

And that point is what, we could hire Bill Belichick or my neighbor Freda down the street who lives with 18 cats, either could be #1 or #120 we just don’t know, so both are equally qualified.

Only for the stupid. People that have actually followed the conversation would realize he is commenting about Hauck and all the Griz fans that are positive his hire would bring back the good ol' days. For being astutegriz, you are far from.

Lol. Chill. I typically like your posts, and I’m a smart ass. My bad. Anyway, it’s analytics. Life is a game of chance, but one shouldn’t throw up their hands and say - gee, whatever we do, we just don’t know, so why bother thinking. Instead, one maximizes their probability for success based on past experience and other factors. It’s why people look at resumes and interview people. The past experience of Hauck at UM is pretty damn good. Hauck would have stayed ten years as long as he was successful and retired here. Haslam explicitly passed on that and chose Stitt. Fact. He wanted his guy. Many knew this first hand. That is why the conversation keeps coming back for many. A bigger mistake was thinking he had to keep the temp guy more than one year. We are paying the downturn in recruiting right now. How many upper class Mick guys did we have?

Just to add to this, I am fairly confident that Hauck was not an option based more on the fact that RE nixed his possibility of hire. Haslem could not even consider Hauck.

HelenaHandBasket said:
astutegriz said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
astutegriz said:

Just to add to this, I am fairly confident that Hauck was not an option based more on the fact that RE nixed his possibility of hire. Haslem could not even consider Hauck.

Good point. I suspect that is true. UM is climbing out of RE dug holes all over.

So far its fairly close... throw out the outliers (3 years) (probably) kitten fans and

Stitt re-hired for 1 or 2 years (Variations) leads Fire them all 76-60

And yes there could be other options, but listing the sceneries of what 14 coaches is pretty hard to do.

Haslem has a tough decision... but I still think at the end of the day, Firing Stitt will only hurt recruiting and what is in place.

But if at the end of next year UM is still out of the playoffs, then he won't have anything to stand on.

Personally I would cut him loose and minimize my losses because based on what I've seen things wont be much better next year. With that said Haslem will probably give the extension so Stitt has the ability to compete with "his Guys."

Regardless whatever Haslem does he needs to be quick about it. There will be other coaches that will be in the market and other teams looking. Not to mention the fact I believe there is early signing this year.

We are in a big frickin mess and Haslem created it 3 years ago.

Paytonlives said:
So far its fairly close... throw out the outliers (3 years) (probably) kitten fans and

Stitt re-hired for 1 or 2 years (Variations) leads Fire them all 76-60

And yes there could be other options, but listing the sceneries of what 14 coaches is pretty hard to do.

Haslem has a tough decision... but I still think at the end of the day, Firing Stitt will only hurt recruiting and what is in place.

But if at the end of next year UM is still out of the playoffs, then he won't have anything to stand on.

one year then?
semore ?

Back