• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

If you were Haslem

What would you do?

• Sign Stitt to a 3 year contract (No Changes)

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • Sign Stitt to a 2 year contract (No changes)

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Sign Stitt to a 2 year contract and fire Semore

Votes: 27 16.8%
  • Sign Stitt to a 1 year contract (No Changes)

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • Sign Stitt to a 1 year contract and fire Semore

Votes: 50 31.1%
  • Fire all of them

Votes: 63 39.1%
  • Fire Stitt and Keep Semore

Votes: 2 1.2%

• Total voters
If I were to offer an extension and Semore was not going to be a part of that future I would be looking for a DC (encouraging Stitt to find a DC) that would be a good HC candidate and I tell the guy that he would be a strong candidate for HC if the job came open. Or else fire them both. I am not advocating to fire them by the way but you cant expect a good DC to come in here with a HC who may lose his job in a year and the new DC right along with him.

A poll is nice, empty seats at the stadium at a pace I've never witnessed since WaGriz opened, declining donations to the athletic association seem to suggest a troubling trend. But, at what point do we as ardent fans fill the halls of Haslam's office building and voice our displeasure - in a peaceful, respectful manner of course. We want our hard-nosed, tougher than snot, best home-grown players, ass-kicking Grizzlies back.

GrizRanger said:
I would retain Germer and Green, but definitely let Stitt and Semore go.

Yeah the poll is misleading .
I would keep Selle and Ferriter also.
Oh and maybe "what's his face " you know the special teams coach

If I were Haslam, I would update my resume and visit with a realtor.
If he has given Stitt a new contract, he has guaranteed the failure of UM football for many years to come.

If I'm Haslam, I'd head to the doctor's office to find out why my testosterone level is so low. Bring back O'Day.

http://missoulian.com/406mtsports/college/big-sky-conference/university-of-montana/haslam-decision-on-stitt-s-future-could-come-as-soon/article_00ab6dcb-21d5-5a49-95ab-9230ac891eff.html

TCCGRIZ said:
GrizRanger said:
I would retain Germer and Green, but definitely let Stitt and Semore go.

Yeah the poll is misleading .
I would keep Selle and Ferriter also.
Oh and maybe "what's his face " you know the special teams coach

Yep - let the D2 coaches go.

Fahque said:
There sure are a lot of people with Bobby boners

There's good reason for that. Under Bobby we were a team that was in the playoffs every year, beat the cats the large majority of the times (had started a new streak of 4 in a row too), always finished #1 or tied #1 in the Big Sky even when we had injury problems and QB issues, and were frequently a team ranked in the top 15 and one that had a good chance of getting to the NC.

Bobby's last 4 years in the Big Sky? We went 31-1. One loss in 4 years. 41-6 overall in his last 4 years.

7 years of Hauck = 7 years of Big Sky Titles (some shared, some won outright), 3 NC appearances, winning record (by far) against above .500 teams & a winning record (11-7) in the playoffs.

These past 6 years... we've been a team that might make it to the playoffs (50%), loses to the cats half the time, have a losing record against above .500 teams. Oh and if we do get to the playoffs we'll likely get stomped by the first real team we face. Only exception to that was in Stitt's first year when we beat South Dakota State & actually did well against teams with above .500 records.

How many Big Sky titles have we won the past 6 years? 0. We've finished 9th (2012), 3rd (2013), 2nd (2014), 3rd (2015), 8th (2016), and 7th (2017).

Year after year finishing 1st, getting into the playoffs (and actually winning games), beating the cats, and being well respected again? Little wonder people want Hauck back.

If Stitt gets an extension I hope it's only a 1 year extension. You can see at the games this mediocrity is starting to greatly affect attendance.

I went with giving Stitt a one-year extension, but it should be under the condition of terminating Semore.

And if Stitt's not down with that, then it might be time to blow it all up and bring in a new coaching staff.

I love how people look to the past and assume that if we just had that coach back, we’d definitely be #1 in the land. #thisisntthepast #backtothefuturewasjustamovie

Fact is, no one knows where we’d be with anyone else. We could be #1 or we could be #120 with anyone at coach.

Latest posts

Back