• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

How this season is gonna go

I feel like if we win out at home plus one or two on the road we will probably be about 7-4 or 8-3. If we drop a game at home, God forbid, but steal a couple away we will probably be about 7-4 or 8-3. I feel like the final score of each game will probably be a good indicator of our success.

Being totally objective here, I am guessing we go 2-9, or 3-8 at best.

Again, just being objective.

Raider said:

This forum would go ape-sh*t if that happens. Like I’ve said before, no idea what to expect lots of unknowns which objectively speaking can’t say one way or the other until there is at least 1-3 games of a sample size. It’s exciting and terrifying all rolled up in one. We could be a playoff team or bottom half team. The goal is to never be back to this again. Whether it works is a different discussion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SaskGriz said:
I feel like if we win out at home plus one or two on the road we will probably be about 7-4 or 8-3. If we drop a game at home, God forbid, but steal a couple away we will probably be about 7-4 or 8-3. I feel like the final score of each game will probably be a good indicator of our success.

Not sure if it as on purpose, but what if we run the road table & lose like 3 or 4 @ home, God fobid? Still thinking 7-4 or 8-3?

Raider said:

Curious who you think the losses are going to be? Objectively of course. I think W. Ill could be tough and Idaho simply because it is in Moscow.

bgbigdog said:
SaskGriz said:

Not sure if it as on purpose, but what if we run the road table & lose like 3 or 4 @ home, God fobid? Still thinking 7-4 or 8-3?

I still feel like if we win 2/3 of our games, home or away, we could be something like 7-4, 8-4 maybe. If we hold form at home and sweep on the road I see us as more of a 11-0 or better team.

retiredpopo said:
Raider said:

Curious who you think the losses are going to be? Objectively of course. I think W. Ill could be tough and Idaho simply because it is in Moscow.

Haven't even looked at the schedule. Just being objective about it..........

Might lose every game.

If you haven’t even looked at the schedule, you’re not being “objective” at all. In fact, I think you’ve confused “objectivity” with “cynicism”

garizzalies said:
If you haven’t even looked at the schedule, you’re not being “objective” at all. In fact, I think you’ve confused “objectivity” with “cynicism”

I was being sarcastic, but your observation is spot on....and kind of my point.

Posters like to self-label themselves as “objective”, when they negative on everything, all the time.

Raider said:
garizzalies said:

Posters like to self-label themselves as “objective”, when they negative on everything, all the time.

Well played Raider. I figured you were fishing a bit.

I'm not sure how it will translate to a win loss record, but I do know this team will play more physical, and their defense and schemes will be smarter, and their special teams will be better. I think if the quarterbacks look as advertised, then the offense should be strong too, which leads me to think somewhere in that 8-3 or 7-4 range pretty easily.

HookedonGriz said:
Raider said:
garizzalies said:

Well played Raider. I figured you were fishing a bit.

I'm not sure how it will translate to a win loss record, but I do know this team will play more physical, and their defense and schemes will be smarter, and their special teams will be better. I think if the quarterbacks look as advertised, then the offense should be strong too, which leads me to think somewhere in that 8-3 or 7-4 range pretty easily.

I agree. This will take some time, but I expect this team to be more fundamentally sound all around. Offense will sputter at times, but I expect the defense to be much more disciplined and physical. Special team play should see immediate improvements.

SaskGriz said:

That....... would be an incredibly tall order. I'll give you two gimmies, two you'll probably lose, and two coin flips.

UNI
Drake
Sac
PSU
UCD
MSU

SaskGriz said:
I feel like the final score of each game will probably be a good indicator of our success.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I find we win more games when we outscore the opponent. :thumb:

poorgriz said:
SaskGriz said:

That....... would be an incredibly tall order. I'll give you two gimmies, two you'll probably lose, and two coin flips.

UNI
Drake
Sac
PSU
UCD
MSU

Like Brint, it pains me to agree with a cat poster but I agree, the msu game is going to be a gimme this year.

Raider said:
garizzalies said:

After I hit submit, I realized that was probably the case and did a full-on face palm

I think the Griz will be better this year, possibly the best we’ve seen since 2011, but that’s not really saying much. I don’t think the actual W/L record will necessarily reflect the improvement, but the attitude, and dare I say, “swagger,” will.

garizzalies said:
Raider said:
garizzalies said:

After I hit submit, I realized that was probably the case and did a full-on face palm

I think the Griz will be better this year, possibly the best we’ve seen since 2011, but that’s not really saying much. I don’t think the actual W/L record will necessarily reflect the improvement, but the attitude, and dare I say, “swagger,” will.

I believe that is the exact same thing that Cat fans have been absolutely roasted for saying these last two years by some people on this board. Granted I'm well aware I'm on a Griz board and that's the way it goes. It's just funny to read, and it'll probably go without argument from fellow Griz fans.
I don't disagree by the way, but funny nonetheless.

Catsrgrood said:
garizzalies said:
Raider said:
garizzalies said:

I believe that is the exact same thing that Cat fans have been absolutely roasted for saying these last two years by some people on this board. Granted I'm well aware I'm on a Griz board and that's the way it goes. It's just funny to read, and it'll probably go without argument from fellow Griz fans.
It’s just as dumb when we say it as when you guys do, although we haven’t had a losing season since 2012, so there’s that, too.

uofmman1122 said:
Catsrgrood said:
garizzalies said:
Raider said:

It’s just as dumb when we say it as when you guys do, although we haven’t had a losing season since 2012, so there’s that, too.

Touché, Griz also haven’t won the Big Sky since 2009, so I guess there’s that, too.

Catsrgrood said:
garizzalies said:
Raider said:
garizzalies said:

The difference is when we say “the record probably won’t reflect the improvement” we mean it’ll probably only be 7-4. For you guys, you’re tickled at 4-7 with swagger. :lol:

AZGrizFan said:
Catsrgrood said:
garizzalies said:
Raider said:

The difference is when we say “the record probably won’t reflect the improvement” we mean it’ll probably only be 7-4. For you guys, you’re ticked at 4-7 with swagger. :lol:

Agreed, I am ticked when they’re 4-7.

Back