• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

How this season is gonna go

CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
CDAGRIZ said:
CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
GoldenEagle said:
Well, the BSC took the EAGS game away so you have that going for you.

In the history of almost forever, has EWU ever come back in a game? Doesn't your team have to get a lead and then hope whoever has the last possession win? Enlighten me.

You must be kidding. I'll give you that out.
Did you watch the game last season?

Do I need to put a sarcasism emoji up? They own MSU now and thank goodness for the cluster for a schedule foolerton and crew created. Anyway...

k.

CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
mtgrizrule said:
CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
GoldenEagle said:

In the history of almost forever, has EWU ever come back in a game? Doesn't your team have to get a lead and then hope whoever has the last possession win? Enlighten me.
Hate to support Eagle, but a few years ago we were kicking their ass in the 1st half. Then the beginning to the end for Stitt. EWU not only came back, but embarrassed us.

No shit? I sat in the cheap seats at MSU a few years ago and watched a really good game go into overtime. Gimble (or something like that) caught everything within 15 yards of him on mostly a prayer heave after prayer heave and there were a couple decent linemen (Roos?) that just flipped the defensive linemen to the side. Absolutely no defense in that game because of the offense. Is that what happened to Stitt?

It's OK confused grad student. You have been a part of some serious domination by the EAGS, as a bobcat and a griz. I don't think think the future holds a lot of success either way for you. Hopefully your academic endeavors will be more fruitful.

CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
mtgrizrule said:
CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
GoldenEagle said:

Hate to support Eagle, but a few years ago we were kicking their ass in the 1st half. Then the beginning to the end for Stitt. EWU not only came back, but embarrassed us.

No shit? I sat in the cheap seats at MSU a few years ago and watched a really good game go into overtime. Gimble (or something like that) caught everything within 15 yards of him on mostly a prayer heave after prayer heave and there were a couple decent linemen (Roos?) that just flipped the defensive linemen to the side. Absolutely no defense in that game because of the offense. Is that what happened to Stitt?
http://gogriz.com/boxscore.aspx?id=2030&path=football

Score by qt

1st
UM 14
EWU 3

2nd
UM 10
EWU 3

3rd
UM 3
EWU 21

4th
UM 14
EWU 21

Final
UM 41
EWU 48

At UM in 2017. EWU tied it 34-34 with 9:30 left then scored again 3 min later then scored again with 2 min left for a 14 point lead. UM scored with 50 sec left to make the final look “respectable” but anyone who watched it knows that game was disgusting. 1st half would have been more in EWU’s favor if Gubrud coulda hit the broad side of a barn. Luckily he couldn’t.

GoldenEagle said:
CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
mtgrizrule said:
CatGrad-UMGradStu said:

It's OK confused grad student. You have been a part of some serious domination by the EAGS, as a bobcat and a griz. I don't think think the future holds a lot of success either way for you. Hopefully your academic endeavors will be more fruitful.

Thank you! Doing exceptionally well (for me...lol). I really like the EWU fans and especially the parents of the kids. The greater Spokane area deserves a collegiate football team to compliment Gonzaga in basketball. Hope you can get some of your mobsters to build a decent football stadium for those fine people soon.

Just remember the Yiddish saying "A society gets the leadership it deserves."

alabamagrizzly said:
CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
mtgrizrule said:
CatGrad-UMGradStu said:

http://gogriz.com/boxscore.aspx?id=2030&path=football

Score by qt

1st
UM 14
EWU 3

2nd
UM 10
EWU 3

3rd
UM 3
EWU 21

4th
UM 14
EWU 21

Final
UM 41
EWU 48

At UM in 2017. EWU tied it 34-34 with 9:30 left then scored again 3 min later then scored again with 2 min left for a 14 point lead. UM scored with 50 sec left to make the final look “respectable” but anyone who watched it knows that game was disgusting. 1st half would have been more in EWU’s favor if Gubrud coulda hit the broad side of a barn. Luckily he couldn’t.

In all fairness to Grubrud, what did he have for receivers compared to prior years?

CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
GoldenEagle said:
CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
mtgrizrule said:

Thank you! Doing exceptionally well (for me...lol). I really like the EWU fans and especially the parents of the kids. The greater Spokane area deserves a collegiate football team to compliment Gonzaga in basketball. Hope you can get some of your mobsters to build a decent football stadium for those fine people soon.

Memory...fading...didn't Gonzaga DROP football some time ago? Oi! Build a football stadium for WHOM??? Define 'greater Spokane area,' please. :lol:

statler & waldorf said:
CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
GoldenEagle said:
CatGrad-UMGradStu said:

Memory...fading...didn't Gonzaga DROP football some time ago? Oi! Build a football stadium for WHOM??? Define 'greater Spokane area,' please. :lol:

Spokane valley to the east. Nobody wants to live in Spokomton.

biga75 said:
mtgrizrule said:
CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
GoldenEagle said:

That was last year...2017. :coffee:

I realized that after I posted it. :thumb:

Paytonlives said:

Hope you all do well, just not quite as well as us! You have great fans, and a team made up of a lot of Montana boys. They are hard workers, and deserve to do well. Ill be a loyal Eagle fan for life because they believed in my youngest son. He's not a Vander Esch, but then Idaho never gave him the time of day either. His mother sent Patrino flowers when he got drafted, thanking him for not even remembering his name when he went for a visit. Guess the vandals will have to start recruiting the Compton boys again! Once again best of luck, I will be in the dome with Eagle gear on, supporting the Griz if the game doesn't conflict with a Eagle home game. Crush the Vandals!!!

Anywhere from 4-7, to 8-3. New coaching staff, new mentality, new players....who really knows.

I can not wait for this season to get going.
I have no clue what their record will be or if they make the playoffs but i do know..........
If they win it will be because of Hauck being best coach ever (some posters will say)
If they lose it will be because Stitt left the cupboard bare and players are not Montana tough :roll: ( same posters will say)

I just hope for improvement, 100% effort and no off field issues. ( to go along with the deep playoff run)

One more guarantee: if a certain player has a terrible terrible game against UNI, it is just because he is worried about his long drive home after a night game! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

One thing is for certain, we will win the big sky. 9-2 is well within reach. I heard a rumor that Sneed has a very hard head.

argh! said:
i think it will go like this: after wins, lots of chest pounding, fawning over bobby, and "i told you so's". after losses, lots of blaming it on stitt.

You still must have that foul taste in your mouth from the Stitt days. We always look forward to our loonie "researcher" studying the mating habits of the San Francisco sewer rat, funded by our taxes, attempt to post about the game of football.

retiredpopo said:
One thing is for certain, we will win the big sky. 9-2 is well within reach. I heard a rumor that Sneed has a very hard head.

You are a dreamer, I fear. I'd like to see it happen, but I really don't see more than 7 wins.

'68griz said:
retiredpopo said:

You are a dreamer, I fear. I'd like to see it happen, but I really don't see more than 7 wins.
68, it’s good to dream!

Spanky2 said:
'68griz said:
retiredpopo said:

68, it’s good to dream!

not at all look how nice our schedule is. Could possibly be 10-1 and for sure no less than 8-3

Latest posts

Back