• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Hauck

Yukon said:
get'em_griz said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/kyle_sample/status/935209357360250880[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/chrissto23/status/935212446205091840[/tweet]

...and that seems to be the answer the interviewers are looking for. Stay Tuned...

I thought all the guys "in the know" said he was going to be hired by last week.

What gives?

I believe there are additional interviews left before any announcement will be made. Guessing here but I would bet Hauck will be the next UM Coach. :thumb:

bigkid said:
I believe there are additional interviews left before any announcement will be made. Guessing here but I would bet Hauck will be the next UM Coach. :thumb:

Why do more interviews if you truly believe Hauck is the guy? If I was Hauck and flew all the way up for them to interview others I’d be insulted. Haslam has had a week to figure this out. UCLA moved on Kelly in a day. Florida called Mullen Saturday night and was hired the next day. It’s a contact period with recruits starting last night. Haslam competence is in question with how he’s handling this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dayday said:
bigkid said:

Why do more interviews if you truly believe Hauck is the guy? If I was Hauck and flew all the way up for them to interview others I’d be insulted. Haslam has had a week to figure this out. UCLA moved on Kelly in a day. Florida called Mullen Saturday night and was hired the next day. It’s a contact period with recruits starting last night. Haslam competence is in question with how he’s handling this.

dayday said:
I am about as impressed with Haslam as the Tennessee AD.

Relax Grasshopper. Haslam is doing a good job and it is not easy. He has people to answer to other than you. Let the process work.

ordigger said:
kemajic said:
ordigger said:
Define Irony:

Bobcats 27 Grizzlies 20 (loss)
Grizzlies 38 Bobcats 22 (win)
Bobcats 16 Grizzlies 6 (loss)

Those were the scores for the first 3 years of Grizzly Coach. He went 1-2. He is now considered a Legend because of boosters, and overzealous fans that are quick to past judgement, but have short memories.

That coach? Bobby Hauck

Yet some of the haters of the former coach, are tripping over themselves with glee about a coach that had the same record the first 3 times out, against the Cats.

Define Irony....I just did.
Taking the team to the NC game in the second year trumps losing to two very good MSU teams populated with Kramer's unrestricted recruits. And a guy named Lulay, who had beaten Glenn's last team. Stitt should have thought of that rather than losing 4 of his last 5 games in year two.

You just keep pulling at straws.

And you keep hating to fit your agenda. You must live a sad life. I would be depressed as hell hanging out with you. lol

The FACT is Bobby was 1-2 in his first 3 years against the Bobcats. You can spin it anyway you like, but there are dozens on here stating the reason for the change was because of the results of the Bobcat game, even you have mentioned at least 9-10 times.
Still made the playoffs both years he lost to Cats. That’s makes up for it.

Diesel said:
AZGrizFan said:
kemajic said:
ordigger said:
Define Irony:

Those were the scores for the first 3 years of Grizzly Coach. He went 1-2. He is now considered a Legend because of boosters, and overzealous fans that are quick to past judgement, but have short memories.

That coach? Bobby Hauck

Yet some of the haters of the former coach, are tripping over themselves with glee about a coach that had the same record the first 3 times out, against the Cats.

Taking the team to the NC game in the second year trumps losing to two very good MSU teams populated with Kramer's unrestricted recruits. And a guy named Lulay, who had beaten Glenn's last team. Stitt should have thought of that rather than losing 4 of his last 5 games in year two.

He did that with Glenn’s recruits.

With that logic Glenn’s recruits lost to the cats.
Lol...it’s a slippery slope ain’t??

Montana37 said:
ordigger said:
kemajic said:
ordigger said:
Define Irony:

That coach? Bobby Hauck

And you keep hating to fit your agenda. You must live a sad life. I would be depressed as hell hanging out with you. lol

The FACT is Bobby was 1-2 in his first 3 years against the Bobcats. You can spin it anyway you like, but there are dozens on here stating the reason for the change was because of the results of the Bobcat game, even you have mentioned at least 9-10 times.
Still made the playoffs both years he lost to Cats. That’s makes up for it.

And Hauck lost to better Cat teams than Stitt did.

dayday said:
bigkid said:

Pretty slow for sure, I thought today would be the day but apparently not. Seems he is having trouble getting the job done....

PlayerRep said:
GrizGuy said:
tnt said:
Has anyone staked out PRs lake place?

Doubtful. Nobody cares what he thinks except himself.

GrizGuy, you used to be a nice guy. What happened to you? Too long away from MT?

I still am. I just got tired of SO MUCH self-importance coming from... Oh, about everything you post. Dude. Seriously. You and I would probably get along fine in person. But on this board, you're a bit much.
#truth

GrizGuy said:
PlayerRep said:
GrizGuy said:
tnt said:
Has anyone staked out PRs lake place?

Doubtful. Nobody cares what he thinks except himself.

GrizGuy, you used to be a nice guy. What happened to you? Too long away from MT?

I still am. I just got tired of SO MUCH self-importance coming from... Oh, about everything you post. Dude. Seriously. You and I would probably get along fine in person. But on this board, you're a bit much.
#truth

I'll grant, my comment was a shot from the cheap seats, however. And didn't add anything to the thread but snark.

dayday said:
bigkid said:

I would guess they would continue with other interviews as a way to make and perhaps keep a *potential* future relationship should Hauck not workout. Just a guess though.

My question is this:

If Bobby Hauck does not live up to the expectations that Haslam, and the important supporters, have made abundantly clear that Griz football must live up to right away...then what?

Who will the important supporters turn to? Don Read, Joe Glenn? They obviously don't want new blood. This better work, or they are going to be scratching their heads.

stubbins said:
My question is this:

If Bobby Hauck does not live up to the expectations that Haslam, and the important supporters, have made abundantly clear that Griz football must live up to right away...then what?

Who will the important supporters turn to? Don Read, Joe Glenn? They obviously don't want new blood. This better work, or they are going to be scratching their heads.

If he doesn't do better than 7-4 in years one and two, we had better be looking for a new coach. I have no doubt Haslam will communicate this to all candidates. Short leashes, no excuses, no mediocrity. Win, or step off. I am confident whomever UM hires can do the job, but I'll shed zero tears for him if he can't.

As for who we would turn to in that (hopefully unlikely) scenario, I have no idea. I do, however, think El Presidente would have to get a new AD as well.

Back