• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz fall camp depth chart is out

PlayerRep said:
StumptownGriz said:
Vika vs Strahm suddenly looks a lot more competitive. What are the chances Vika plays so well that he doesn't give Strahm his job back?

It's never good to let a backup get into your spot. In this situation, I assume that Vika will get most of the no. 1 reps in pre-season practice too, to get him ready for the first game. I had been told that Strahm had a good shot at being a captain, before the recent incident.

Wow....makes the move even dumber on his part. :| :|

..the bottom line is that this coaching staff has to put the best guys forward even if they are freshman..
their asses are on the line to produce ...so they will have no choice!

AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
StumptownGriz said:
Vika vs Strahm suddenly looks a lot more competitive. What are the chances Vika plays so well that he doesn't give Strahm his job back?

It's never good to let a backup get into your spot. In this situation, I assume that Vika will get most of the no. 1 reps in pre-season practice too, to get him ready for the first game. I had been told that Strahm had a good shot at being a captain, before the recent incident.

Wow....makes the move even dumber on his part. :| :|

I suppose he didn't think to himself as he got into the car: Drinking/driving is never a good idea. It is against team rules. It is against the law. It leads to bad things, including bad press for the team and me. Coach Stitt seems to be particularly tough on rule-breaking. I could get caught. I would be embarrassed. I would get suspended for a game or two. I would not playing with the one's in fall camp. I would give the backups a huge opportunity to beat me out. My teammates would be pissed at me. The coaches would be pissed at me. The chances of me being elected captain would diminish substantially. I would have to pay a bunch of money and do a bunch of DUI stuff. I would probably lose my driver's license for a while. I might forget to turn on my lights. I might have a tail light out. Again, my impression is that Strahm is a good kid and is not an idiot. Assuming he gets through this okay, I think he will be playing harder and better than he would have otherwise.

Interesting point Player and I don't necessarily disagree. But what does that suggest about his past effort?

StumptownGriz said:

And the Depth Chart shows #31 Trase Le Texier fourth; I might be mistaken, but I thought he had an injury issue and will miss the forthcoming season. No?
McKenzie Holt might be a decent MLB in coming years.

WyomingGrizFan said:
StumptownGriz said:

And the Depth Chart shows #31 Trase Le Texier fourth; I might be mistaken, but I thought he had an injury issue and will miss the forthcoming season. No?

Just shows you that this depth probably isn't all that accurate because Trase is out. I think Holt's best position will be on the DL eventually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dayday said:
WyomingGrizFan said:
StumptownGriz said:

Just shows you that this depth probably isn't all that accurate because Trase is out. I think Holt's best position will be on the DL eventually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

some good news,,,,i understand that le tesxier was killing it, coaches wondering just how good and how fast this kid would play before the injury...out the whole year from what i was told...he has the size as true freshman and if he recovers fully will play a huge roll in the future at linebacker.

Yukon said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/CoachNiekamp/status/889582383049056256[/tweet]

Those things are sweet. I know quite a few schools use them. They will be very helpful in development of technique in my opinion.

PlayerRep said:
The Dartmouth tackling dummy.

Yep, I saw Dartmouth on TV, a while back, using these sob's during practice. I think it was on 60 minutes if I recall correctly...

Saves on players (ball carriers) bodies... I like them...

Yukon said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/UMGRIZZLIES/status/890568771563388928[/tweet]

Someone needs to double-check the date for the Valpo game...9/3 is a Sunday.

biga75 said:
Yukon said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/UMGRIZZLIES/status/890568771563388928[/tweet]

Someone needs to double-check the date for the Valpo game...9/3 is a Sunday.

They must have noticed:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/UMGRIZZLIES/status/890596184997240834[/tweet]

Back