• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Glory Days............

TCCGRIZ said:
Copper Griz said:
TCCGRIZ said:
Copper Griz said:
What you or I think does not matter. Unless you have gigantic donation you made that will impact the AD, you have no influence. Like most on this board. Intelligent is realizing that you don't even have a place on the deck of the ship. You are just a fan bitching and moaning about something you have no influence over. Be delusional. Whatever makes you fell better.

You just proved RobGriz 's point . You want to live your life in mediocrity fine . RobGriz and I will be on the deck of the ship and that goes for the GRIZ we will never be satisfied with mediocrity.

Good for you. I will just keep buying tickets when I can make games, buy gear, contribute with a check or two, etc. You stay on the deck of the ship with your friends. As for living in mediocrity - are you playing or are the kids busting their asses every day at practice and in the games. Pathetic

This is where you and I are going to have a problem .
Not once in any post I have ever made have I blamed or bad mouthed a player .
Those kids work there asses off and I have the utmost respect for there hardwork and passion.
The coaches on the other hand I hav ed no problem talking shit about . You know why ??
Let's see ,they get paid to win . It's pretty simple even for someone of you IQ .
As for buying tickets ,gear and contributing a check or two , most of us do . Do you feel you need a brownie badge or something for it .
So again your getting defensive maybe you should go seek help . Remember( read this next sentence slow so maybe you can comprehend it )" this is an Internet message board get over it "

Umm, you brought up being on the titanic and the whole mediocrity thing. Do you want a brownie bag? Is that what warrants being a real fan. Oh why do I bother. I read your last sentence really slow. Quite frankly it makes little sense, but that is not surprising. Maybe try typing it slower?

:lol:
Copper Griz said:
TCCGRIZ said:
Copper Griz said:
TCCGRIZ said:
You just proved RobGriz 's point . You want to live your life in mediocrity fine . RobGriz and I will be on the deck of the ship and that goes for the GRIZ we will never be satisfied with mediocrity.

Good for you. I will just keep buying tickets when I can make games, buy gear, contribute with a check or two, etc. You stay on the deck of the ship with your friends. As for living in mediocrity - are you playing or are the kids busting their asses every day at practice and in the games. Pathetic

Those kids work there asses off and I have the utmost respect for there hardwork and passion.
The coaches on the other hand I hav ed no problem talking shit about . You know why ??
Let's see ,they get paid to win . It's pretty simple even for someone of you IQ .
As for buying tickets ,gear and contributing a check or two , most of us do . Do you feel you need a brownie badge or something for it .
So again your getting defensive maybe you should go seek help . Remember( read this next sentence slow so maybe you can comprehend it )" this is an Internet message board get over it "

Umm, you brought up being on the titanic and the whole mediocrity thing. Do you want a brownie bag? Is that what warrants being a real fan. Oh why do I bother. I read your last sentence really slow. Quite frankly it makes little sense, but that is not surprising. Maybe try typing it slower?

:lol: that was funny I must admit

TCCGRIZ said:
:lol:
Copper Griz said:
TCCGRIZ said:
Copper Griz said:

:lol: that was funny I must admit

:thumb:

TCCGRIZ said:
Man1 said:
TCCGRIZ said:
RobGriz said:
Well. If mediocrity is what you want, mediocrity is what you've got.
I'll root for the team, but believing that somehow rooting for the staff will make them better is just naive. How many times do they have to prove they are in over their heads before Griz Nation will see it. Just look at the presser after this weekend.

I am in agreement with you Rob griz , it's like the band on the titanic,they keep playing until the water is up to there asshole and the there like holy f*** we're sinking .
They can not see the forest through the trees .
If people go back and watch the games when they focusing on Stitt he has that deer in the headlight look on his face . Again he maybe an offensive genius but he is no coach
2 people in this entire thread get it. Love the "water up to their asshole comment" That is exactly what the jerks arguing against Rob are doing.

Good post TCC

Thanks Man1
Just FYI, Man1 is AG1

Fahque said:
TCCGRIZ said:
Man1 said:
TCCGRIZ said:
I am in agreement with you Rob griz , it's like the band on the titanic,they keep playing until the water is up to there asshole and the there like holy f*** we're sinking .
If people go back and watch the games when they focusing on Stitt he has that deer in the headlight look on his face . Again he maybe an offensive genius but he is no coach
2 people in this entire thread get it. Love the "water up to their asshole comment" That is exactly what the jerks arguing against Rob are doing.

Good post TCC

Thanks Man1
Just FYI, Man1 is AG1
That's cool AG1 makes me laugh :thumb:

b_f_c_99 said:
RobGriz, you very well may be correct but right now we are on one 6-5 season. You talk like this is the 4th year in a row of 6-5. But I digress my entire reason for this thread was not to compare the past, just to point out that times change and a couple of years don't have any great indication on the future.

This is what I look at. How many games have we lost that we should've won vs how many games we should've lost but won??? What improvements have you seen vs regressions??? Very simply, what about this staff makes you think they are anything other than what they've shown themselves to be.

RobGriz said:
b_f_c_99 said:
RobGriz, you very well may be correct but right now we are on one 6-5 season. You talk like this is the 4th year in a row of 6-5. But I digress my entire reason for this thread was not to compare the past, just to point out that times change and a couple of years don't have any great indication on the future.

This is what I look at. How many games have we lost that we should've won vs how many games we should've lost but won??? What improvements have you seen vs regressions??? Very simply, what about this staff makes you think they are anything other than what they've shown themselves to be.

Should have lost:

NDSU in '15
ISU in '15
UNI in '16

Should have won:

CP in '15
WSU in '15
CP in '16
Weber in '16
UNC in '16
MSU in '16
EWU in '17

AZGrizFan said:
RobGriz said:
b_f_c_99 said:

Should have lost:

NDSU in '15
ISU in '15
UNI in '16

Should have won:

CP in '15
WSU in '15
CP in '16
Weber in '16
UNC in '16
MSU in '16
EWU in '17
Bingo. Although, I really throw that NDSU game out ONLY because they had no way to game plan as Stitt was new. They showed that in the playoffs, IMO.

b_f_c_99 said:
I for one am having a great time watching the rebuild, its kind of like going back in time without the hotub! Enjoy it, drop the glory days, the past doesn't matter, nobody is entitled to anything, stop judging the process by what it use to be or you think it should be.

Exactly. Thank you.

RobGriz said:
hold-em said:
I work at UM. I bump into players on campus and chat with them as often as I get the opportunity. These kids are very upbeat. They love football and they love playing for the Griz.

And...? So Stitt should stay because kids love to play?? Bet they'd like playing for a coach that knew wtf he was doing.

The players have moved on. They lost a game. That happens. They didn't play to their potential. That happens. They are now preparing for a fight against Portland State. GO GRIZ!!!

As to Coach Stitt's future...we'll see. I hope he is a huge success. GO GRIZ!!!

hold-em said:
RobGriz said:
hold-em said:
I work at UM. I bump into players on campus and chat with them as often as I get the opportunity. These kids are very upbeat. They love football and they love playing for the Griz.

And...? So Stitt should stay because kids love to play?? Bet they'd like playing for a coach that knew wtf he was doing.

The players have moved on. They lost a game. That happens. They didn't play to their potential. That happens. They are now preparing for a fight against Portland State. GO GRIZ!!!

Hoping against hope.

RobGriz said:
hold-em said:
RobGriz said:
hold-em said:

Hoping against hope.

I don't like the current state of our football team any more than you do. Forced to be patient in my opinion. That's why I opt to hope for the best. If Coach Stitt doesn't make adjustments and improve his game I'm sure he'll be looking for work elsewhere. Until then I'm hoping he adjusts and we start winning.

hold-em said:
RobGriz said:
hold-em said:
RobGriz said:

Hoping against hope.

I don't like the current state of our football team any more than you do. Forced to be patient in my opinion. That's why I opt to hope for the best. If Coach Stitt doesn't make adjustments and improve his game I'm sure he'll be looking for work elsewhere. Until then I'm hoping he adjusts and we start winning.

I hope he makes those adjustments as well. I've just not seen anything over the last two years to believe he will, nor, quite honestly, anything to show me he even knows how.

RobGriz said:
hold-em said:
RobGriz said:
hold-em said:

Hoping against hope.

I hope he makes those adjustments as well. I've just not seen anything over the last two years to believe he will, nor, quite honestly, anything to show me he even knows how.

I know. I see the same thing.

AZDoc said:
the buzzsaw known as Davis.
Weber 41; UC Davis 3. Nuf said.

UM will have to buck two disturbing trends to win this week. We have lost 5 of our last 6 BSC games and 5 of our last 6 road games. That's where we are.

hold-em said:
RobGriz said:
hold-em said:
RobGriz said:
Hoping against hope.

I know. I see the same thing.

I'm not 100% sold anymore like most people, but I have seen a few little things that give me hope Stitt has us going in the right direction.

- Our offense looks to be more efficient than it was when he first got here. We are 100% scoring in the redzone this year (16/16).
- Our O-line looks to be getting stronger than it was when he got here.
- He's bringing in what looks like very, very good recruits.
- Our kicking game sucked the last two seasons, and Stitt said he wants to see that improve. This year, Purdy is 100% on field goals and PATs

The next area of improvement I want to see (besides the obvious special teams and defensive issues) is how does this team play on the road. If we can sweep the road trip series at PSU and ISU, I'll view that as a major improvement.

TCCGRIZ said:
Copper Griz said:
What you or I think does not matter. Unless you have gigantic donation you made that will impact the AD, you have no influence. Like most on this board. Intelligent is realizing that you don't even have a place on the deck of the ship. You are just a fan bitching and moaning about something you have no influence over. Be delusional. Whatever makes you fell better.

Actually, mediocrity would be a step up when you're 1-5 in your last 6 BSC games and 1-5 in your last 6 road games. In the third year of this regime, where are the facts and data that show we are on the right path?

TCCGRIZ said:
RobGriz said:
Copper Griz said:
RobGriz said:
Gawd, how desperate are you that you think 6-5 is ok? Are you so willing to except mediocrity? Do you not see that this coaching staff is in over its head and has been???? They've shown it over and over. I comprehend just fine. There are apparently a bunch of you willing to hang your hats on 6-5 seasons in the hope that some day, some freakin day we will get to 7-4 and make the playoffs...yay.

Sorry Rob. You absolutely sound like an entitled and out of touch fan. Seriously, the world changes. The U of M has gone through some tough times and things ebb and flow. MSU's enrollments up, the economy changed, the make up of the nation and state have changed. Change, it happens and things will flip again. That is how life works. You don't stay on top forever and you have to rebuild. Look at Michigan, Notre Dame, Alabama, etc. The Griz are trying to return to glory. Is anyone happy with a losing season? Not true fans is happy and you sound like a total jackass saying people are satisfied. Really. The coaches, players and AD want to lose and are happy without beating MSU and not making the playoffs? Come on. They are likely three times as competitive as you are. Is Stitt the answer. Maybe, maybe not. Until he is fired or the program returns to the "glory days" - I will be rooting hard for the staff and the entire team. Give it a rest.

Well. If mediocrity is what you want, mediocrity is what you've got.
I'll root for the team, but believing that somehow rooting for the staff will make them better is just naive. How many times do they have to prove they are in over their heads before Griz Nation will see it. Just look at the presser after this weekend.

Hahahaha!!! That's funny isht right there! :clap:

Totally agree with TCC and Rob. Seems people can't deal with a dissenting opinion, even if it's put forth in a logical and respectful manner. Ridiculous.

Where did I say "fire him"? Do you really, honestly and truly, think that Stitt is going to get this team, or next years team or the year after that's team anywhere close to a national championship? Given what you've seen? The guy is a career 63% coach. But suddenly he's going to win the U a championship???
[/quote]

I think your posts make it very clear that you want him fired. Based on his history in Colorado you believe he will never be a successful coach. If that is the case, then why not fire him now and start the search for a new coach, the season is over anyway, right?

You can't always predict future success based on past performance, just look at Don Read, Joe Glenn, Bobby Hauck, Mick Dennehy.

Stitt may not be the right coach but at this point it is too early to tell. The next two games may provide a pretty good road map, though.

kemajic said:
AZDoc said:
the buzzsaw known as Davis.
Weber 41; UC Davis 3. Nuf said.

UM will have to buck two disturbing trends to win this week. We have lost 5 of our last 6 BSC games and 5 of our last 6 road games. That's where we are.

Yep...that's my exact point. Let's hope those trends are reversed this week!

Back