• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Future roster additions and QB.

sdk.catfish said:
AZGrizFan wrote: ↑Thu May 24, 2018 8:30 am

First step of getting out of a hole you've dug for yourself?

Put down the f***[*] shovel, dude. :roll:

With all due respect I see lots of holes, with lots of asses siting on them, none of which I have dug nor is my ass covering them. I thought MTGriz's "news" wasn't really news but more like click-bait and said as much. If you and others don't have anything better to do than get butt-hurt over that then maybe you have quality of life issues. You don't seem to get that this is an internet forum where all are faceless. Why would I possibly care what you or others like Rob say or think. It's not like I want us to be friends. I'll follow the rules and post my opinion when I wish and if you don't like it you can waste your time seeing if your opinion changes mine but don't wait up late for that one.

Hey, knock yourself out. Nobody says we have to be friends (although I’ve made several friends of posters on this site), it’s certainly not a necessity. If you insist on coming on here and embarrassing yourself continuously for others’ enjoyment, go ahead and be that guy.

You do you, pal. :thumb:

by grizrgood » Thu May 24, 2018 4:02 pm

Very true catfish! Now put your logic to the responses you got in regards to your replies about the OP!! Just everyone stating an opinion and all is right with the world!! :thumb:

OK, grizrgood - I appreciate a civil reply and I will go back over my opinion again. My responses to MTGRIZ are in bold italic. It is difficult for me to see where my opinions are (or should be) controversial but this is egriz.
Post by mtgrizrule » Fri May 18, 2018 6:51 pm

From listening to Coach Hauck speak briefly and talking with various people recently, here is some general information. I won't get overly detailed.

Coach Hauck sounds very confident in Dalton Sneed leading the offense. He likes the potential of the OL, just expects some growing pains with the youth. Sounds like the OL will be just fine as the season progresses.
Yes this is general information that pretty much anybody would assume. Hauck likes Sneed at QB and thinks the OL is young but can improve. I guess it does say something about the QB position but certainly nothing that we didn't know already.

JLM made a very positive impression on Coach Hauck and the staff this spring. They expect a lot of him this season. Very comparable to Segers and Heidelberger in the return game.
OK, we pretty much understand that JLM will be a main contributor to the return game

Not from Coach Hauck, but others:
The staff is still working very hard to sway more CB depth, but nothing definite yet.
We all know that we need CB help. If there is nothing definite, or even in the works, why mention it
The GRIZ will be adding another FBS drop down. Yes, this player has been mentioned on egriz before.
MGGriz did clarify this in a later post which he could have done right here
As for QB depth, chances are very likely, experienced QB's will be brought in to shore up the depth chart.
Yes we know Hauck is looking but the chances of bringing in experience are questionable and we all know that
Hard to believe, had he stayed with the GRIZ, Dick would have likely been the GRIZ backup with Jensen's departure.
No comment although I have thoughts

With a long off season, expect any news to be very sporadic and spread out. Anyway, when the news comes out, I think GRIZ NATION will be pretty happy and relieved to hear the news.
Guess we will have to wait for real news

Those are my feelings. I don't think they are dick or asshole feelings - just reasonable thoughts.

Beat me to it, AZ.
SDK, your last post seems reasonable and rational. Your original post of six days ago was neither. There is no need to be in a hurry to post something, ANYTHING! Take your time, write, edit, delete, rewrite, etc. until it's right. Then submit. You can edit most anytime afterward as needed. The expression is: You only have one chance to make a first impression. Your first impression was bad. Now you are playing catch-up. Good luck. :thumb:

Could this be a huge hint or sign?

https://www.facebook.com/GrizDen/photos/a.524294061080646.1073741829.517982491711803/973465512830163/?type=3&theater

sdk.catfish said:
by grizrgood » Thu May 24, 2018 4:02 pm

Very true catfish! Now put your logic to the responses you got in regards to your replies about the OP!! Just everyone stating an opinion and all is right with the world!! :thumb:

OK, grizrgood - I appreciate a civil reply and I will go back over my opinion again. My responses to MTGRIZ are in bold italic. It is difficult for me to see where my opinions are (or should be) controversial but this is egriz.
Post by mtgrizrule » Fri May 18, 2018 6:51 pm

From listening to Coach Hauck speak briefly and talking with various people recently, here is some general information. I won't get overly detailed.

Coach Hauck sounds very confident in Dalton Sneed leading the offense. He likes the potential of the OL, just expects some growing pains with the youth. Sounds like the OL will be just fine as the season progresses.
Yes this is general information that pretty much anybody would assume. Hauck likes Sneed at QB and thinks the OL is young but can improve. I guess it does say something about the QB position but certainly nothing that we didn't know already.

JLM made a very positive impression on Coach Hauck and the staff this spring. They expect a lot of him this season. Very comparable to Segers and Heidelberger in the return game.
OK, we pretty much understand that JLM will be a main contributor to the return game

Not from Coach Hauck, but others:
The staff is still working very hard to sway more CB depth, but nothing definite yet.
We all know that we need CB help. If there is nothing definite, or even in the works, why mention it
The GRIZ will be adding another FBS drop down. Yes, this player has been mentioned on egriz before.
MGGriz did clarify this in a later post which he could have done right here
As for QB depth, chances are very likely, experienced QB's will be brought in to shore up the depth chart.
Yes we know Hauck is looking but the chances of bringing in experience are questionable and we all know that
Hard to believe, had he stayed with the GRIZ, Dick would have likely been the GRIZ backup with Jensen's departure.
No comment although I have thoughts

With a long off season, expect any news to be very sporadic and spread out. Anyway, when the news comes out, I think GRIZ NATION will be pretty happy and relieved to hear the news.
Guess we will have to wait for real news

Those are my feelings. I don't think they are dick or asshole feelings - just reasonable thoughts.

My view is that there was considerable new news in GrizRule's post, and much of what you said is either not correct or not relevant.

mtgrizrule said:

https://www.facebook.com/GrizDen/photos/a.524294061080646.1073741829.517982491711803/973465512830163/?type=3&theater

Kind of figured the Arkansas safety transferred here when he started following our strength coach. That is usually a good sign. Tough, hard nose player that will lay a hat on anyone that was a special teams standout at Arkansas. Good pick up for depth and will compete for a starting spot especially if we run looks with three safeties.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dayday said:
mtgrizrule said:

Kind of figured the Arkansas safety transferred here when he started following our strength coach. That is usually a good sign. Tough, hard nose player that will lay a hat on anyone that was a special teams standout at Arkansas. Good pick up for depth and will compete for a starting spot especially if we run looks with three safeties.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
5'9", 202 lbs.
Was a walk-on at Arkansas. Played (at least his senior year of HS) at the IMG Academy in Florida....

Earned a scholarship after his true freshman season...originally from PA.

This after the 2015 season: Miller played in 12 games last season as a true freshman. He had two tackles. He is from Holidaysburg (Pa.) but played his senior season at IMG Academy in Florida. He came to Arkansas with Hjalte Froholdt, who is the starting left guard on offense. Miller is currently on the second unit at safety.

I believe he's coming in as a true senior....never red shirted.

Back