• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Future roster additions and QB.

mtgrizrule said:
garizzalies said:
Is the “drop down” QB or CB?

Not the one I am aware of. He is a defensive player, that will be a huge addition. A player that will help right away. Coming from a power 5 conference/school. As for QB, it looks like we are just looking to add some experience to back up Sneed. Wilson nor Graves are ready to handle QB, if Sneed were to go down. As for CB, all I know is, the GRIZ are pursuing a couple CB's very hard, and damn close to adding a quality CB. As of now, that position is not a done deal.

Also, we have to consider, a lot of transfers are holding off a decision until after the NCAA rules on immediate eligibility for players doing a lateral transfer (within the same level, FBS to FBS, or FCS to FCS). If that happens, it will likely hurt FCS programs.
So the juco qb Humphreys isn't coming, I heard he was interested in you but haven't heard much lately?

mtgrizrule said:
"...... just to avoid the kind of response I got from SDK. Apparently, that did not work either."

You'll never be able to word a post to keep someone from perverting it as SDK did. He was hell bent on being an asshole.
Thanks for relaying your conversations with the rest of eGriz. :thumb:

As for "I never did insinuate or claim to be giving anyone any news..."
I don't believe anyone thought you did. Besides,
this ground has been staked out long ago.

braves84 said:
mtgrizrule said:
garizzalies said:

Not the one I am aware of. He is a defensive player, that will be a huge addition. A player that will help right away. Coming from a power 5 conference/school. As for QB, it looks like we are just looking to add some experience to back up Sneed. Wilson nor Graves are ready to handle QB, if Sneed were to go down. As for CB, all I know is, the GRIZ are pursuing a couple CB's very hard, and damn close to adding a quality CB. As of now, that position is not a done deal.

Also, we have to consider, a lot of transfers are holding off a decision until after the NCAA rules on immediate eligibility for players doing a lateral transfer (within the same level, FBS to FBS, or FCS to FCS). If that happens, it will likely hurt FCS programs.
So the juco qb Humphreys isn't coming, I heard he was interested in you but haven't heard much lately?

I think he’s still thinking on it. Probably seeing if he gets a FBS offer in the next week or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

braves84 said:
mtgrizrule said:
garizzalies said:

As of now, he isn't one of the qb's. I honestly am not sure who the QB' are. I know there are a handful who are still undecided that would be grad transfers or under classmen who are looking to transfer still. Common sense and the way Hauck is talking, we will be getting someone with experience. That would mean a solid JC guy or an grad transfer. Wish I knew who the options are.

For the most part, the staff is not giving much information to anyone, outside of those within the program. It will be an interesting summer. Hauck is pretty damn motivated to return to dominance. He is not a patient guy either, just like GRIZ fans. :thumb:

dayday said:
braves84 said:
mtgrizrule said:
garizzalies said:

I think he’s still thinking on it. Probably seeing if he gets a FBS offer in the next week or two.
Or an FCS offer with a better opportunity to start.

kemajic said:
dayday said:
braves84 said:
mtgrizrule said:

Or an FCS offer with a better opportunity to start.
Yeah, agreed.

I think the staff is being pretty open and honest about the reality of our QB situation: anyone coming here will get a chance to compete, but they’re just looking for depth behind Dalton, at this point.

mtgrizrule said:
garizzalies said:

Thanks for posting, Rule. Always appreciated. :thumb:

It almost seems like there's a counterintelligence asset "embedded" in the Griz locker room. If so, it might be bigger than Watergate!

sdk.catfish said:
Perhaps I was too harsh. If anyone could go back to the original post and show me what big new hairy confirmed information was in it that I missed I would be glad to recant

No one owes you an explanation. No one cares if you recant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtgrizrule said:

Any Guess on the time frame?

Paytonlives said:
mtgrizrule said:

No idea here. :thumb:

406MontanaFan said:
Is there any chance of Sneed not being the starter Day 1?

Would you want that? He’s in town running player onlys all summer and you want to bring someone in and beat him and send receivers through 3 QBs in 10 months? Nah you want to bring in someone who with game experience that understands they are the #2 until they learn the system and then get a shot next year but good enough to handle the offense of an injury occurs. I would be shocked to see a 5th year come in. Best would be a juco or drop down with atleast 2 years to play and promise them a shot at #1 after learning the team. that a hard sell as a coach and I think that’s why it’s taking longer than we are used too. But I would bet we are close on multiple players at this point

mtgrizfankb said:
406MontanaFan said:

Would you want that? He’s in town running player onlys all summer and you want to bring someone in and beat him and send receivers through 3 QBs in 10 months? Nah you want to bring in someone who with game experience that understands they are the #2 until they learn the system and then get a shot next year but good enough to handle the offense of an injury occurs. I would be shocked to see a 5th year come in. Best would be a juco or drop down with atleast 2 years to play and promise them a shot at #1 after learning the team. that a hard sell as a coach and I think that’s why it’s taking longer than we are used too. But I would bet we are close on multiple players at this point

You are correct. Mulitiple as in 2.

mtgrizrule said:
mtgrizfankb said:
406MontanaFan said:

You are correct. Mulitiple as in 2.

I would be impressed with two juco/drop down considering the time of the year. I have to think if we can get Humphrey or O'Hara juco type and then get a drop down like Irwin (Oregon) or Harris (Alabama) that is the ideal scenario. Those last two were walk ons that have talent but took a shot at FBS. Both are coming off redshirt years so are young. If you follow Rosenbach on twitter you can get a feel for what he is looking at. Casting a wide net no doubt whether juco, young drop down or even a graduate transfer. I think if we get any QB with some experience we will come out of this in okay shape.

mtgrizrule said:
Paytonlives said:
mtgrizrule said:

No idea here. :thumb:
I hear a June meeting but any change is not likely to take affect for another year.

mtgrizfankb said:
406MontanaFan said:

I would be fine with sneed only asking is all. He does some good things and seems to be Bobby’s guy. Gotta trust him right!

Back