• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

FCS Games this weekend!!! Aug 26th and 27th

bgbigdog said:
Colgate came this close to gagging that one away.
Yep, but CP did not particularly impress either. Not much to take away from this, IMO, other than that CP is 0-1 and Colgate is 1-0. ;)

When athletes walk on the area of competition, the favorite doesn't always win, however, they do if the underdogs walk on with their crying towels.

Colgate scored the first 20 points of game, had 9 first downs, and 250 yards of total offense. CP didn't have much more in TO. Both teams had 1 turnover. Weird stats. Colgate was picked 3d of 7 in the conference pre-season poll.

http://www.calpolymustangs.com/sports/fball/2017-18/boxscores/20170826_uq4l.xml

Two things occurred to me watching the Colgate/CP game. 1) THAT is how you defend the triple option. Maybe someday the Griz will figure it out too. 2) If the Griz ever convert to running the triple option I will find a different team to root for. I really HATE watching it. To me it is really was a grind just to get through the game (but it is college football so...).

PlayerRep said:
SLO, what is wrong with your team, both O and D?
New OC that was very unimaginative and one dimensional. We have more talent on offense than we showed. I thought after a rough start the defense did ok. Held Colgate to 250 yards. Most times if we hold a team to 250 yards and 20 points we will win. Our offense did not hold up it's end of the game.

A lot of time you are not as good or bad after the first game as you think you are. I am hoping we are not as bad as we looked. I am hoping that was a Colgate team that was like the 2015 Colgate that beat JMU and UNH in the playoffs and our OC opens up our playbook.

Richard Cranium said:
Where is Slostang?

Posting the two post above yours. Actually I am on the road with my daughter at a basketball tournament. Watched the second half from a gym watching on my Ipad. At least my daughter's team won 44-11.

Paytonlives said:
Spread based on Sagarin ratings...

Texas Southern at Florida A&M (Florida A&M -10)
One of these flipping teams will be (1-0). Sagarin has Texas Southern at team #249 out of 254. Florida A&M #236

Portland St. at BYU (BYU -22)
If PSU keeps this within 40 Ill be surprised.

#12 Chatanooga at #6 Jacksonville St. (Jacksonville St. -9)
I look for Chat to Upset JSU

Colgate at #23 Cal-Poly (Poly -11.5)
Cant see Colgate understanding or stoping Polys Offense... Poly Big at home.

#7 Richmond at #3 Sam Houston (SH -5)
Game of the week and one of the best in the FCS this season.

Note to self: When betting, take the exact opposite teams Paytonlives picks

BYU 20 - PSU 6
JSU 27 - CHAT 14
COL 20 - Poly 14.

Latest posts

Back