• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

EWU game is a must win for Stitt

GeauxGriz said:
Griz Man said:
An 8-3 record, a win over the Cats, and a playoff win should guarantee Stitt's extension. A couple of playoff wins at least would be better!

But let's say we lose to EWU (maybe Jensen is on a steep learning curve) and still go 8-3. I don't see why this game should be labeled "must win"...

Pivotal game:

Win and the mojo for the remainder of the season is high. Good year possible.

Lose and the motivation may wane. Think the end of last season.

Agree...not must win, but one step below that. Pivotal is a perfect term, fits perfectly

Ursus1 said:
GeauxGriz said:
Griz Man said:
An 8-3 record, a win over the Cats, and a playoff win should guarantee Stitt's extension. A couple of playoff wins at least would be better!

But let's say we lose to EWU (maybe Jensen is on a steep learning curve) and still go 8-3. I don't see why this game should be labeled "must win"...

Pivotal game:

Win and the mojo for the remainder of the season is high. Good year possible.

Lose and the motivation may wane. Think the end of last season.

Agree...not must win, but one step below that. Pivotal is a perfect term, fits perfectly

It's a must win if we want to host more than one playoff game.

Maybe I'm just drunk, but I watched the post game press conference and I'm not entirely sure Bob Stitt even WANTS to be the HC at Montana. Tinkering around in Golden, CO may have been a better fit than he realized.

snap said:
Maybe I'm just drunk, but I watched the post game press conference and I'm not entirely sure Bob Stitt even WANTS to be the HC at Montana. Tinkering around in Golden, CO may have been a better fit than he realized.

I think you're drunk. Because I can't see where him saying he was proud of the team about 1,000 times in a 9-minute press conference, praising the players for their heart and their character and talking about how great they were to each other in the lockerroom after the game, or him admitting that his offense put the defense in too many tough situations in the second half, or the part where he praised EWU, their coaches and Gubrud, or the part where he thanked Griz Nation for making it a great atmosphere, and a hostile enviornment, would make you think he doesn't want to be the head coach.

I have never pretended to know whether Stitt is a good football coach or not, because I'm actually one of the very few guys on these message boards that actually ADMITS, under my own name, that I'm not a good football coach. But I'll say that I know for FACT, Stitt loves the Montana Grizzlies. And loves his players. So yeah, from that aspect, if you think other wise, I'll cut you some slack and just say yeah, you're drunk.

George Ferguson said:
snap said:

I think you're drunk. Because I can't see where him saying he was proud of the team about 1,000 times in a 9-minute press conference, praising the players for their heart and their character and talking about how great they were to each other in the lockerroom after the game, or him admitting that his offense put the defense in too many tough situations in the second half, or the part where he praised EWU, their coaches and Gubrud, or the part where he thanked Griz Nation for making it a great atmosphere, and a hostile enviornment, would make you think he doesn't want to be the head coach.

I have never pretended to know whether Stitt is a good football coach or not, because I'm actually one of the very few guys on these message boards that actually ADMITS, under my own name, that I'm not a good football coach. But I'll say that I know for FACT, Stitt loves the Montana Grizzlies. And loves his players. So yeah, from that aspect, if you think other wise, I'll cut you some slack and just say yeah, you're drunk.

OK, but you still didn't really get down to the heart of what I posted.

Back