• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

EWU game is a must win for Stitt

...yes must win game..Stitt has not proven himself or has he convince the Griz fans that he can run with
the big dogs!....until that happens every game must treated like a must win...funny how are standards
have dropped during these last 6 years..we used to get mad when we weren't ranked #1..

If you look at the big picture this is a must win in the sense that Stitt needs to show he can beat the better Big Sky Conference Teams. His teams not only struggle with good teams they also struggle on the road. Not a good trend IMO. Beating ewu goes a long way in the eyes of many.

Again, important but not a must-win. The team could lose to EWU, win the rest of its games, and be 9-2. Then it surely wouldn't be a must-win. However, a loss to EWU could be an indication that the team, with new qb, aren't good enough to win even most of the remaining games.

Not going to argue if this is a big game or not. I do have a question for those who say Stitt can't run with the big dogs. Were any of the following games against "big dogs"
Ndsu,EWU, @MSU, Sdsu, or @UNI? Just curious

Mavman said:
Not going to argue if this is a big game or not. I do have a question for those who say Stitt can't run with the big dogs. Were any of the following games against "big dogs"

Well there were also bad games (NDSU playoff edition, NoCo, cats last year come to mind) so that means the good results don't count for anything...at least in the minds of some.

Htowngriz said:
Mavman said:

Well there were also bad games (NDSU playoff edition, NoCo, cats last year come to mind) so that means the good results don't count for anything...at least in the minds of some.
My point is Stitt has won some games that many thought he wouldn't.
If the griz beat ewu Stitt will be 2-1 vs EWU :thumb:
Everything is not perfect however the trajectory in my opinion is going up.

Htowngriz said:
Mavman said:

NDSU made everyone look bad in the playoffs two years ago. If we had been on the other side of the bracket we may have seen a deep playoff run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Griz Man said:
An 8-3 record, a win over the Cats, and a playoff win should guarantee Stitt's extension. A couple of playoff wins at least would be better!

But let's say we lose to EWU (maybe Jensen is on a steep learning curve) and still go 8-3. I don't see why this game should be labeled "must win"...

Pivotal game:

Win and the mojo for the remainder of the season is high. Good year possible.

Lose and the motivation may wane. Think the end of last season.

GeauxGriz said:
Griz Man said:
An 8-3 record, a win over the Cats, and a playoff win should guarantee Stitt's extension. A couple of playoff wins at least would be better!

But let's say we lose to EWU (maybe Jensen is on a steep learning curve) and still go 8-3. I don't see why this game should be labeled "must win"...

Pivotal game:

Win and the mojo for the remainder of the season is high. Good year possible.

Lose and the motivation may wane. Think the end of last season.

Exactly right. If they lose this game, it's likely more losses to follow. But a good win, they can build on it and hope for a good/great season. Momentum is a funny thing. If we want to watch playoff games at home, this is a must win.

AZGrizFan said:
This is not last year's team, fellas. Plain and simple....they play as a TEAM.

Last year's team played as a team also, until the losses started to pile up.

It is human nature really - winning breeds winning and losing breeds losing.

Win a big game against ewus with your new leader under center and the focus and belief follow.

GeauxGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:

Win a big game against ewus with your new leader under center and the focus and belief follow.
Well, I've heard from a source very high up in the organization that there's simply a different vibe this year surrounding the team, one that wasn't there last year even WHEN winning....take it for what its worth.

AZGrizFan said:
GeauxGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:

Well, I've heard from a source very high up in the organization that there's simply a different vibe this year surrounding the team, one that wasn't there last year even WHEN winning....take it for what its worth.

One only has to look at how the whole team came out to support Reese after the injury for confirmation of what you just said......

AZGrizFan said:

I will take it for what it's worth. One man's opinion of a matter. I like the sound of it, and hope it is true.

Whether it is true or not, my position stands. A pivotal game this weekend. Win this one, and the sky is the limit. Lose, and we may see Indian-Outlaw's prediction come to pass.

Grizzly96 said:
AZGrizFan said:
GeauxGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:

One only has to look at how the whole team came out to support Reese after the injury for confirmation of what you just said......

:roll: So the team wouldn't have came out to support BG if he would have suffered that type of injury last year?

poorgriz said:
Grizzly96 said:
AZGrizFan said:
GeauxGriz said:

:roll: So the team wouldn't have came out to support BG if he would have suffered that type of injury last year?

Never said that, however even Coach Delaney on TV said how unusual that was and a sign of a close knit team.....But what would he know about it :roll:

Back