• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

EWU game is a must win for Stitt

putter said:
Given what has transpired on the field the last 2 years, IMO, this could be a must win game for Semore keeping his job. Having head coaching stability is paramount in a program and the way the D has played gives me more concern. All signs point to Jensen being a kid that can get it done. Will he be similar to DD, who knows but it will take time for a freshman. If the D struggles then the fire gets turned up under Semore and can/will Stitt make a change?

Do you think Stitt would fire Semore? I don't see him doing that. After last season talked about looking at the entire program yet still thought Semore was the man.

BWahlberg said:
EverettGriz said:
Big game no doubt. Must win? Absolutely not.

Exactly
Concur w/ BH, EverettGriz and GrizVoiceofReason - the Team is in good hands with the coaching staff and QG G. EAGS: Strolling through their forum link, The Eags are concerned coming into GRIZ Country this wknd. Let's get through this coming wknd and once the final horn sounds, direct our comments toward the Viks as one never knows what shore they will launch from given their up and down performance the last couple of weeks. GO GRIZ and pluck some feathers Saturday afternoon.

It's not a must win.

That said, as difficult as a road win had been in the last three seasons, it needs to be a huge priority. On the schedule, ISU picked off Nevada, PSU hung tough until last weekend, Weebs has been impressive, & who knows with state Ag but the #4 SDSU folks with all of those future NFLers didn't blow them off their home field.

How many of the remaining home games aren't "must wins?"

Ursus1 said:
putter said:
Given what has transpired on the field the last 2 years, IMO, this could be a must win game for Semore keeping his job. Having head coaching stability is paramount in a program and the way the D has played gives me more concern. All signs point to Jensen being a kid that can get it done. Will he be similar to DD, who knows but it will take time for a freshman. If the D struggles then the fire gets turned up under Semore and can/will Stitt make a change?

Do you think Stitt would fire Semore? I don't see him doing that. After last season talked about looking at the entire program yet still thought Semore was the man.

I don't know Ursus. Not sure he has it in him but he did let Neikamp go. IF the offense continues to click with Jensen and the D struggles it will be interesting. If posters are correct that the is a make it or break it year for Stitt then I could see it happening if the D can't stop teams

The only manner in which this could be considered a must win game is if we are trying to show that we are a post-season worthy team that could win a playoff game. In my opinion EWU is not a team that looks ready to win a playoff game and I do not think just winning would say that we are one. We would need to dominate this game. EWU may improve as the season goes on but right now they are not a great measuring stick. Though I dont think they are that strong I also dont think Stitt loses his job if he loses EWU. If the cats beat us then he has a problem based on that game alone and the cats looked much better in their second game than they have since Choate.

putter said:
Ursus1 said:
putter said:

I don't know Ursus. Not sure he has it in him but he did let Neikamp go. IF the offense continues to click with Jensen and the D struggles it will be interesting. If posters are correct that the is a make it or break it year for Stitt then I could see it happening if the D can't stop teams

I thought Neikampoop was still there

Ursus1 said:
putter said:
Ursus1 said:
putter said:

Think he meant Swett

HelenaHandBasket said:
Ursus1 said:
putter said:
Ursus1 said:

Think he meant Swett

Oh ok...i forgot about him, I was only thinking defensive side

thanks Helena, that is what I meant. Apologies to the Neikamp family. He probably fainted when he read my post that he was fired....!

AllWeatherFan said:
"Must win" means Stitt gets fired if the Griz lose. So no, it's not a "must win" game.

One might also interpret "must win" as in if the Griz lose it will be the major contributing factor in not getting a contract extension regardless of what happens the rest of the season. And I agree this isn't a must win game. It is a very important one -- but they all are from this point out. I think Stitt will be judged on the sum of his work and not necessarily any one game.

Grisly Fan said:
AllWeatherFan said:
"Must win" means Stitt gets fired if the Griz lose. So no, it's not a "must win" game.

One might also interpret "must win" as in if the Griz lose it will be the major contributing factor in not getting a contract extension regardless of what happens the rest of the season. And I agree this isn't a must win game. It is a very important one -- but they all are from this point out. I think Stitt will be judged on the sum of his work and not necessarily any one game.

He needs to go 5-3 in conference. If he does that and makes the playoffs, I don't really care which 5 he wins....I DO think this is one of the more winnable ones this year, strangely.

Grisly Fan said:
AllWeatherFan said:

I agree.

For Stitt haters every game is a must win. Funny thing is, beat ewu haters say but ewu is down lets see how they do against PSU. Beat psu " they lost to Davis". Beat ISU insert excuse here___________!
Thing is when he whens 6-8 conference games haters will say the BSC has never been so down.
My personal belief is this team is coming together nicely and will be even better the next couple years :thumb:
I'm a maroon Kool-aid chugging SOB that wants to get off the coaching carousel so take my post with a grain of salt :cool:

It is sad that the expectations of this program have gone from hosting multiple playoff games, and competing to win a national championship, to just winning enough to save a coach's job. If the Griz lose this weekend, they would have to go undefeated the rest of the season and finish 9-2. The chance of that happening is slim. The Griz "must win" every home game this year and hope they finish 2-2 on the road and they will be 8-3. They should host at least one home playoff game. Griz have proven the only path the National Championship game is to host every game, otherwise it's not happening. This is a "Must win" game to everyone who expects great and just another game to those who accept mediocrity to this once great program. That's reality. Must win!!

Catsrback76 said:
fanofzoo said:
cclarkblues said:
I think that the vast majority of folks would rather lose this game than lose to the Cats.

I want to win both.

You won't because you'll lose to the Cats, so it is a must win against the Eags!

Last time the Cats beat Montana at home was 2005. They may be due for a win at home. We'll see..

...must win on the defensive side of the ball...
...it's time for the coach on d to step up...
...get them ready..shut them down...

... :cool: ...

Back