• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Coach Stitt lands at Ok State

BadlandsGrizFan said:
AZDoc said:
Zirg said:
dayday said:
https://twitter.com/brucefeldmancfb/status/954109908324003841

Lands at Oklahoma State as offensive analyst. Nice landing spot for him for a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good for him, maybe he'll do well, but I hope the head coach tells Stitts to STFU if he tries to push his "I wanna run 90+ plays a game on offense" gimmick.

OK state ran 80 plays per game last year. They were in the top 10 I think. Not too far off...

Ya, Big 12 is a perfect spot for Stitt....they can also put up with crazy for a long damn time when it comes to football down here in the south lol.

And lets be honest, its not like the guy was a flop...he still had winning seasons, just not right for MONTANA...I think he would be great at other more tolerant, less expectant schools.
How do you know how tolerant, expectant Montana would be of an offensive analyst? Have we ever had one?

kemajic said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
AZDoc said:
Zirg said:
Good for him, maybe he'll do well, but I hope the head coach tells Stitts to STFU if he tries to push his "I wanna run 90+ plays a game on offense" gimmick.

OK state ran 80 plays per game last year. They were in the top 10 I think. Not too far off...

Ya, Big 12 is a perfect spot for Stitt....they can also put up with crazy for a long damn time when it comes to football down here in the south lol.

And lets be honest, its not like the guy was a flop...he still had winning seasons, just not right for MONTANA...I think he would be great at other more tolerant, less expectant schools.
How do you know how tolerant, expectant Montana would be of an offensive analyst? Have we ever had one?

I was more just thinking coach in general. Also in the Big 12...say he gets an OC position....if theyre putting up 50+ points every week...but still go 7-4. Theyre not gonna can that guy like we did.

kemajic said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
AZDoc said:
Zirg said:

If I read the job parameters correctly, he doesn’t have coaching privileges - no on-field contact with the players. Unless Gundy holds him up for praise or moves on from him @ some point, only he hardcore fans will even know who he is.

http://sportspolls.usatoday.com/201...e-manpower-and-brainpower-to-football-powers/

BadlandsGrizFan said:
AZDoc said:
Zirg said:

OSU is hardly a "more tolerant, less expectant school"....they're 96-34 since 2008, have won 10+ games 6 tmes in the past 8 seasons and been ranked in the top 25 the vast majority of that time....they've also won 2 Cotton Bowls, 2 Alamo Bowls and a Fiesta Bowl in that time. You sure you really meant what you said?

Now, if he'd gone to Kansas, that'd be a different story. :lol:

I wish Coach Stitt the very best! He is/was not a head coach at this level. He is an outstanding offensive guy and I think will get on eventually as OC somewhere.

reinell30 said:
I wish Coach Stitt the very best! He is/was not a head coach at this level. He is an outstanding offensive guy and I think will get on eventually as OC somewhere.

So would you rather play No Colo with their current coach or with Stitt? I'd rather play their current guy.

Griz Man said:
reinell30 said:

So would you rather play No Colo with their current coach or with Stitt? I'd rather play their current guy.

OK now you are talking Northern Colorado here...Stitt would probably make them a better team, but what does that really mean?

reinell30 said:
Griz Man said:
reinell30 said:

OK now you are talking Northern Colorado here...Stitt would probably make them a better team, but what does that really mean?

I think there are FCS schools who'd give the guy a chance. Who knows, maybe he was snakebitten a little and also on a learning curve and would do better in his 2nd try. He has a chance to make a good offensive system even better while working at OSU, which might intrigue some FCS teams a year or two down the road.

Griz Man said:
reinell30 said:
Griz Man said:
reinell30 said:

I think there are FCS schools who'd give the guy a chance. Who knows, maybe he was snakebitten a little and also on a learning curve and would do better in his 2nd try. He has a chance to make a good offensive system even better while working at OSU, which might intrigue some FCS teams a year or two down the road.

Again I wish him the very best....

reinell30 said:
Griz Man said:
reinell30 said:

Pretty sure he could make half the BSC teams better. UNC included. :lol:

Alright...bottom third. :cool:

AZGrizFan said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
AZDoc said:
Zirg said:

OSU is hardly a "more tolerant, less expectant school"....they're 96-34 since 2008, have won 10+ games 6 tmes in the past 8 seasons and been ranked in the top 25 the vast majority of that time....they've also won 2 Cotton Bowls, 2 Alamo Bowls and a Fiesta Bowl in that time. You sure you really meant what you said?

I meant more tolerant as in they expect to win, go to bowls, and be competitive every year.

We expect deep playoff runs, conference championships and National championships....that is a difference. I stand by my statement.

Stitt was competitive but he didnt give us playoff success and lost to our rivals. So we canned him.

BadlandsGrizFan said:
AZGrizFan said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
AZDoc said:

I meant more tolerant as in they expect to win, go to bowls, and be competitive every year.

We expect deep playoff runs, conference championships and National championships....that is a difference. I stand by my statement.

Stitt was competitive but he didnt give us playoff success and lost to our rivals. So we canned him.

Well, winning, bowls and being competitive is pretty much the trifecta in the BCS, ain't it? I'm not sure what, exactly, they're being "tolerant" of...other than having their coach pursued each and every year for the higher profile jobs like UF, LSU, UT, etc., etc...

AZGrizFan said:
reinell30 said:
Griz Man said:
reinell30 said:

Are you willing to wait 3-4 years before he gets his "guys" to see who wins the bet ?

fanofzoo said:
AZGrizFan said:
reinell30 said:
Griz Man said:

Are you willing to wait 3-4 years before he gets his "guys" to see who wins the bet ?

If I'm the AD at UNC, yes.

fanofzoo said:
AZGrizFan said:
reinell30 said:
Griz Man said:

You don't think he could immediately improve CP, PSU, UNC, UND? I get that he wasn't all that and a bag of chips, but at least 3 of those teams suck balls. He could at least get them to mediocre.

Remember when PSU's coach was the darling this board because he went 9-2 his first year (with NONE of his guys) while Stitt didn't? Now he's got his guys and he goes 0-11. Heady days, right? :cool: :cool:

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-40015900-4

Mike Gundy, on bringing in former Montana and Colorado School of Mines coach Bob Stitt as an offensive analyst to Oklahoma State: "He was doing basketball on grass before we were doing basketball on grass," Gundy said. "He's perfect for us." Despite having never coached in the FBS, Stitt has long been regarded for his innovative offensive mind. His "fly-sweep-touch base" invention, for example, became a staple in Dana Holgorsen's offense at West Virginia. Said Gundy: "I plan on putting (Stitt) in there with (offensive coordinator Mike) Yurcich to look at what we're doing and telling us what the hell we're doing wrong and give us some good ideas."

go96griz said:

Mike Gundy, on bringing in former Montana and Colorado School of Mines coach Bob Stitt as an offensive analyst to Oklahoma State: "He was doing basketball on grass before we were doing basketball on grass," Gundy said. "He's perfect for us." Despite having never coached in the FBS, Stitt has long been regarded for his innovative offensive mind. His "fly-sweep-touch base" invention, for example, became a staple in Dana Holgorsen's offense at West Virginia. Said Gundy: "I plan on putting (Stitt) in there with (offensive coordinator Mike) Yurcich to look at what we're doing and telling us what the hell we're doing wrong and give us some good ideas."

Gundy = Very smart. Perfect for the Cowboys and perfect for Stitt. Hope they run through the Big 12 next year.

Sorry AZ. ;)

SoldierGriz said:
go96griz said:

Gundy = Very smart. Perfect for the Cowboys and perfect for Stitt. Hope they run through the Big 12 next year.

Sorry AZ. ;)

Hope they go 11-1. :D

Ah who am I kidding....Tech has much bigger problems than OSU. Like OU, TCU, Iowa St., West Virginia, etc., etc.

Back