• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Coach Stitt lands at Ok State

IdaGriz01 said:
AZDoc said:
I think this may be step 1 toward the OC position if the OSU guy goes somewhere after the season.
I know nothing about the internal situation at Okie State, but you make a good point. And I haven't made a "survey," but it seems like a fair number of new head coaches at the FBS level got there through an OC job at another FBS school. Given OSU's offensive firepower (stats above), they may have already been approached by schools wanting to interview their current OC. I just checked, and it looks like the OC has been there through five season ... so that seems like a possibility.

GUNDY's name comes up every year for multiple positions. Might be a daisy chain effect, Gundy leaves, OC becomes HC, Offensive Analyst becomes OC...

Looks like these are the remaining three coaches from last year's Griz staff still looking for work...

Semore, Selle and Hall?

https://idahostatejournal.com/sports/isu/isu-football-troxel-leaving-for-oregon-state-ferriter-returning-as/article_746ce032-6b6b-56a1-96ec-488dc5c71a4e.amp.html?__twitter_impression=true

Hopefully they get picked up soon if they are looking to stay in the coaching business.

dayday said:
go96griz said:
Take it for what it's worth, but I inquired about 10 days ago if Semore was going to be part of the staff and I was told no. This was after hearing from several sources that he might have a role on the new staff.

You should inquire why the hell it is taking so long to announce Pease and Baer. They need to be able to hit the road and recruit. Haslam indicated it was a HR thing which I’m not really buying. It does not take that long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pease is still looking for another job and will only be at Montana if everything else falls through.

Gross....Man1....we know who you are. Go away. Let the grown-ups have a conversation.

Happy for Stitt. I firmly believe he is better suited to sticking with just the offensive side of the game.

As for Semore, I thought I had heard a rumor about him being in a non-coaching part of the football staff. Something to do with football video, maybe?

Man1 said:
dayday said:
go96griz said:
Take it for what it's worth, but I inquired about 10 days ago if Semore was going to be part of the staff and I was told no. This was after hearing from several sources that he might have a role on the new staff.

You should inquire why the hell it is taking so long to announce Pease and Baer. They need to be able to hit the road and recruit. Haslam indicated it was a HR thing which I’m not really buying. It does not take that long.

Pease is still looking for another job and will only be at Montana if everything else falls through.

Well if that’s his attitude I rather not have him.

dayday said:
Man1 said:
dayday said:
go96griz said:

Wasn’t that Hauck’s attitude in his first stint with UM? I remember him openly saying that he was “looking to move on” while he was acting HC.

BozAngelesGriz said:
dayday said:
Man1 said:
dayday said:

Wasn’t that Hauck’s attitude in his first stint with UM? I remember him openly saying that he was “looking to move on” while he was acting HC.

When did Hauck say he was looking to move on? I don't recall that.

PlayerRep said:
BozAngelesGriz said:
dayday said:
Man1 said:

I don't ever recall him as acting HC.

dayday said:
Man1 said:
dayday said:
go96griz said:
So you expect a guy with his experience to stay at the pay grade of and FCS QB coach for years? Get real.

PlayerRep said:
BozAngelesGriz said:
dayday said:
Man1 said:

It was after a playff game, I think the year of the Umass loss. Other than that I don’t recall the details; it only sticks out in my mind because my father brought it up later that the comment seemed out of place.

kemajic said:
dayday said:
Man1 said:
dayday said:
So you expect a guy with his experience to stay at the pay grade of and FCS QB coach for years? Get real.

Well he’s going to be the receiver coach it sounds and yes. He either needs to be fully in for next year in at this point or Hauck should find someone else. Especially with what happened at Washington recently with him. I’d tread lightly with Pease.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/college/columnist/dan-wolken/2018/01/23/college-football-offseason-how-long-nick-saban-clemson-alabama-4/1057514001/

From this USA Today ariticle:

Stitt Happens

Bob Stitt, a favorite of the college football Twitter world for his creative offensive concepts, is expected to land at Oklahoma State as an analyst after Montana surprisingly fired him after just three seasons. This could crack the door open for the longtime coach at Division II Colorado School of Mines, where he gained something of a cult following, to land at the FBS level down the road. Oklahoma State will be a bit of a mystery next season after significant personnel losses and no heir apparent to Mason Rudolph at quarterback.

WaGriz4life said:
Does anyone else think that Bob Stitt would be a great fit at Northern Colorado??

Hell, I think that’s the perfect job for him. did they fire their coach yet?

dayday said:
https://twitter.com/brucefeldmancfb/status/954109908324003841

Lands at Oklahoma State as offensive analyst. Nice landing spot for him for a year.

Good for him, maybe he'll do well, but I hope the head coach tells Stitts to STFU if he tries to push his "I wanna run 90+ plays a game on offense" gimmick.

Zirg said:
dayday said:

Lands at Oklahoma State as offensive analyst. Nice landing spot for him for a year.

Good for him, maybe he'll do well, but I hope the head coach tells Stitts to STFU if he tries to push his "I wanna run 90+ plays a game on offense" gimmick.

You've obviously never watched much Big 12 football. :lol: :lol: EVERY team runs that fast offense.

Zirg said:
dayday said:

OK state ran 80 plays per game last year. They were in the top 10 I think. Not too far off...

AZDoc said:
Zirg said:
dayday said:

OK state ran 80 plays per game last year. They were in the top 10 I think. Not too far off...

Ya, Big 12 is a perfect spot for Stitt....they can also put up with crazy for a long damn time when it comes to football down here in the south lol.

And lets be honest, its not like the guy was a flop...he still had winning seasons, just not right for MONTANA...I think he would be great at other more tolerant, less expectant schools.

Back