• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Champion Center Pics

Yukon said:
any closer to opening? At least get the players into the locker room?
. I read somewhere on this forum a while back that we got a "guarantee" that it would be open for the EWU game. We scheduled a lot of our top recruits to visit for that one and get tours of the facility.

Champions center + night game + hopefully a beat down of the bEagles.... = hopefully some big time commitments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brewskis said:
Yukon said:
. I read somewhere on this forum a while back that we got a "guarantee" that it would be open for the EWU game. We scheduled a lot of our top recruits to visit for that one and get tours of the facility.

Champions center + night game + hopefully a beat down of the bEagles.... = hopefully some big time commitments.

They were hoping for that but I think the new goal is homecoming. There were some unforseen things that will delay it past the EWU game.

Didn't someone mention there was going to be a lockdown period to acclimate the systems & allow the building to be rated appropriately? Certifications can include some fairly rigorous testing requirements.

blackfootipa said:
brewskis said:
Yukon said:

They were hoping for that but I think the new goal is homecoming. There were some unforseen things that will delay it past the EWU game.

Thought I'd post this in here too...

Took a bike ride down to the U with my 10 y.o. and were looking around when one of the foremen for Jackson contracting happened to pull up. We talked for a couple minutes and he confirmed that Homecoming is the plan for completion. He also told me how stressful it had been and what an incredible push it was to get it all accomplished, and maintain high quality workmanship. He said he could not wait to have it finished and wanted his life back. They were on track, he said.

Light was just right despite the smoke and got this cool pic with Mt Sentinel in the reflection. This window obviously faces East. Would be better if the M was visible though...

577WJ0.jpg

CFallsGriz said:
blackfootipa said:
brewskis said:
Yukon said:

Took a bike ride down to the U with my 10 y.o. and were looking around when one of the foremen for Jackson contracting happened to pull up. We talked for a couple minutes and he confirmed that Homecoming is the plan for completion. He also told me how stressful it had been and what an incredible push it was to get it all accomplished, and maintain high quality workmanship. He said he could not wait to have it finished and wanted his life back. They were on track, he said.

Light was just right despite the smoke and got this cool pic with Mt Sentinel in the reflection. This window obviously faces East. Would be better if the M was visible though...

577WJ0.jpg

That's awesome! Thanks for sharing.

CFallsGriz said:
blackfootipa said:
brewskis said:
Yukon said:

577WJ0.jpg
I've gotta hand it to the contractor, getting this job done in the timeframe given, with the underground utilities, tight quarters, and public spotlight.....is impressive. Sounds like they have made a commitment to quality as well. Hats off to them, that's professional workmanship.

Haslam also said they were going to have top notch graphics inside. Looking forward to the finished product inside as well

We are getting a tour the night before homecoming so hopefully it's done by then.

Now to complain: Anybody walk between the Adams Center (the door coming out of the Hall of Champions) and the Champions Center? They built a new walkway with a wall. The wall is cracking and chunks are falling off. It looks bad. Also when you get close to the Champions Center and look at the dark grey metal siding, there are spots where it doesn't line up correctly. I have OCD for these things and I'm hoping they will have them fixed when it's all done.

BDizzle said:
We are getting a tour the night before homecoming so hopefully it's done by then.

Now to complain: Anybody walk between the Adams Center (the door coming out of the Hall of Champions) and the Champions Center? They built a new walkway with a wall. The wall is cracking and chunks are falling off. It looks bad. Also when you get close to the Champions Center and look at the dark grey metal siding, there are spots where it doesn't line up correctly. I have OCD for these things and I'm hoping they will have them fixed when it's all done.

I saw the wall on Saturday as well. Didn't realize it was newer. I didn't see the siding issue, but I was just looking at the thing and loving it. My son kept saying, "it's still the weightroom. Wow, it's still the weightroom" as we looked in the windows. I didn't really have time to look at the work on that. Did you contact anyone to point those out?

AZDoc said:
BDizzle said:

I saw the wall on Saturday as well. Didn't realize it was newer. I didn't see the siding issue, but I was just looking at the thing and loving it. My son kept saying, "it's still the weightroom. Wow, it's still the weightroom" as we looked in the windows. I didn't really have time to look at the work on that. Did you contact anyone to point those out?

I'm pretty sure the wall was new as before you just walked down stairs. Now they have that generator there (not exactly sure what it is) and the wall follows the ramp down. And I didn't. I'm not exactly sure who I would tell besides mentioning it to Haslam in our discussion?

bgbigdog said:
Didn't someone mention there was going to be a lockdown period to acclimate the systems & allow the building to be rated appropriately? Certifications can include some fairly rigorous testing requirements.

Yes. It has to be completely sealed for 10 days. I think that will happen between this weekend and homecoming.

Back