• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Champion Center Pics

BadlandsGrizFan said:
bgbigdog said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/NDSUfootball/status/892028324641484800[/tweet]

500 words, contrast & compare. Punctuation, grammar & spelling count.

Yeah... I know, there really isn't anything to contrast or compare.

Our locker rooms and facility in general will be nicer.

Like they mentioned, NDSU is basically out of room for any more expansions. The champions center is much more than just locker room, its a world class training facility.

I dont know if theres really much to compare.

Their trophy case looks better tho..lol

After the champions center, is there anywhere on campus or near the stadium that you could actually build on without limiting parking?

Stop_HammerTime69 said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
bgbigdog said:

Like they mentioned, NDSU is basically out of room for any more expansions. The champions center is much more than just locker room, its a world class training facility.

After the champions center, is there anywhere on campus or near the stadium that you could actually build on without limiting parking?

riverbowl outdoor practice area...

BWahlberg said:
Stop_HammerTime69 said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
bgbigdog said:

I'd hope they don't do that. That's such a nice park.

Didn't they build some new campus buildings across the river (by the majestic distributing area) and built a footbridge/walkway?

UMcheer2000 said:
Didn't they build some new campus buildings across the river (by the majestic distributing area) and built a footbridge/walkway?

Across the river they just built the Missoula College campus which is a subsidiary of UM.

Stopped by the stadium on our way through Missoula today, and wow... this facility is incredible. People have said this before and it's true - pictures don't do it justice.

Stop_HammerTime69 said:
BWahlberg said:
Stop_HammerTime69 said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:

If they build a "small" indoor facility it will go on the river bowl. If they get full funding for a "large" indoor facility with all the bells and whistles then it will go on the south campus somewhere on the softball/soccer/track complex because they need more space than is available at the river bowl. For football, it would be most useful on the river bowl near current facilities!!

go96griz said:
Stop_HammerTime69 said:
BWahlberg said:
Stop_HammerTime69 said:

If they build a "small" indoor facility it will go on the river bowl. If they get full funding for a "large" indoor facility with all the bells and whistles then it will go on the south campus somewhere on the softball/soccer/track complex because they need more space than is available at the river bowl. For football, it would be most useful on the river bowl near current facilities!!

Please, no...

Stop_HammerTime69 said:
go96griz said:
Stop_HammerTime69 said:
BWahlberg said:

Please, no...

I'm completely fine with them building a practice facility on River Bowl. Keep the players close to campus.

go96griz said:
Stop_HammerTime69 said:
BWahlberg said:
Stop_HammerTime69 said:

Agree...it should also be all glass facing the river....now that would be a beautiful facility.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/jaybilas/status/895790448547164160[/tweet]

Thankfully, Montana understands how to spend money wisely. F$&k UW, I've got about 2 miles of this stuff in my garage - and yes, it all came from Costco, always Costco.

Last I heard, the official opening has been pushed back to October and they're hoping it is completely done for homecoming in the middle of the month.

go96griz said:
Last I heard, the official opening has been pushed back to October and they're hoping it is completely done for homecoming in the middle of the month.

I thought homecoming was the plan all along for the grand opening? It would be ready for the EWU game to show prospects but would officially open on homecoming?

get'em_griz said:
go96griz said:

I thought homecoming was the plan all along for the grand opening? It would be ready for the EWU game to show prospects but would officially open on homecoming?

It was originally supposed to be open by he beginning of school or September 1. I believe the planned grand opening has always been homecoming. Not sure on if it will be open for EWU prospects to tour. That makes sense but they need a week for the air system to be undisturbed for it to set up right. Hope they are planning that after the EWU game so they can showcase it.

Back