• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Cats and ND

HookedonGriz said:
Cats have a good run defense. The way to beat them is through the air their secondary is leaving receivers wide open and that has been the case all year

Agree but I don't think UND has that ability with their mismatched Oline and QB running for his life. Give MSU credit they know that UND can't stop their d front and they can't catch Murray on the ground

NorthEndZoneDan said:
I commented earlier that ND is overrated, I had completely forgotten about their injury problem. 9 starters out will do it.

Now 10. Defensive player of the year Reyes, their safety, is also out.

NorthEndZoneDan said:
I commented earlier that ND is overrated, I had completely forgotten about their injury problem. 9 starters out will do it.

It may be ten. One of their players went out in the first quarter with an injury to his right arm. They have bad luck right now. I hate seeing that.

Not only does Murray look pretty good today, but Troy Andersen out of Dillon looks pretty damn good for a true freshman running back.

Well, UND may not be what they were advertised to be as they are certainly not Savannah State! Anyway, back to the game. Kind of fun to watch!

That first touchdown by ND that was taken away by the awful call, then blocked field goal that resulted in no points could be huge by the end of this one.

Okay I'm sorry but if I'm a Cat coach, I'm putting 24 on blast for covering up into a fetal position like he was scared of Olivera there as opposed to tackling him. What was that.

Ursa Major said:
mtgrizfankb said:
jodcon said:
UND offense waking up a bit

Not sure if it was that, MSU didn't have anyone in the left half of the field. Murray is the difference in this game right now

Has he thrown a pass yet?

A few screens and 2 blown coverages. He's like 12/15 of something with a pick 6. On 3rd all MSU does is let him drop back and run around until they get the first down. UND linebackers just are not disciplined enough to not engage the Oline. He just waits for them to engage then run around them

HookedonGriz said:
Okay I'm sorry but if I'm a Cat coach, I'm putting 24 on blast for covering up into a fetal position like he was scared of Olivera there as opposed to tackling him. What was that.

Saw that too....at least dive into the legs. What a puss

A disciplined run defense team will force the Cats to pass. Will they be able to do it? No need for them to do so today. Play calling is correct and taking what UND gives them. Good win for the Cats. I just don't know how good they are - or anyone else right now for that matter.

MT Head Guy said:
Ursa Major said:
mtgrizfankb said:
jodcon said:
UND offense waking up a bit

Not sure if it was that, MSU didn't have anyone in the left half of the field. Murray is the difference in this game right now

Has he thrown a pass yet?

Ha ha no kidding. Sort of like his performance against the Griz last year - he can only run.

Hes 15/19 174 yards and 3 td passes, I believe he can pass. Been watching the game, been excellent passing by him. Very accurate even on the run.

Back