• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Caleb Hill

HelenaHandBasket said:
fanofzoo said:
Probably because stitt is really stubborn and phillips is his guy.

I am not sure he is married to Phillips like you think.

Well, there is far more evidence that he has a stubborn streak then he does not so...

My guess is that he will use the Phillips when he should us the slotted...

Defense is legit, will it hold long enough to give us a chance to eek out a winnable season.

Offense feeble, in my view a lethargic run game behind a not ready for prime time OL our biggest deficit.

Hoping for better....but is hope ever a good plan?

SoldierGriz said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
fanofzoo said:

Well, there is far more evidence that he has a stubborn streak then he does not so...

And I would state that with the rotation between Phillips/Jensen through Spring, he is giving both guys every chance to win the job. I will be curious to see if Hill gets more run with the 1's after having more time with the playbook over the summer.

HelenaHandBasket said:
SoldierGriz said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
fanofzoo said:

And I would state that with the rotation between Phillips/Jensen through Spring, he is giving both guys every chance to win the job. I will be curious to see if Hill gets more run with the 1's after having more time with the playbook over the summer.

I believe this will be the case. He did display his abilities throwing and running. He is a very vocal leader as well.

Having watched the Spring scrimmage for the 3rd time, I agree Hill should be #1 moving forward - even though he wasn't facing the daunted, steel curtain of the first string Griz defense.. Sarcasm..

Also, I would blow up the whole offensive lineup. I want Akem, Toure, and JLM to start. I want Curran on the field as little as possible - sorry, the dude is a liability and doesn't have the upside of those behind him.

I like Simis at "h-back", but Horner and Bingham are both solid. It's a stupid phony position, so I don't really care. Get me a TE who can block and catch occasionally. Before you knock that, a TE who could block would do wonders for this struggling pathetic o-line.. But, we have a genius offensive mind right? Whatever..

After last year where this staff started Y. Sanders over Sandry, I have little faith that they will play the best. Even though their jobs are on the line.

Mind blowing..

I thought Jensen looked the best, especially throwing on the run which will be absolutely necessary. Hill's wind up starts at his ankles and look like a slow release. Jensen seemed to flick it while Hill telegraphed.

garizzalies said:
I thought Jensen looked the best, especially throwing on the run which will be absolutely necessary. Hill's wind up starts at his ankles and look like a slow release. Jensen seemed to flick it while Hill telegraphed.

I agree. I think Jensen could be the best if given the reps. But, Hill made plays on Saturday.

garizzalies said:

Too much is made about "form"! Can a guy make a play or not, Hill proved that he can. There are plenty of ugly throwing motions that get it done. That's all that matters in my book. Get. It. Done.

griz5700 said:
garizzalies said:

I agree. I think Jensen could be the best if given the reps. But, Hill made plays on Saturday.

the old style vs. substance....looking at all the scrimmages, imo hill is qb 1 and the margin is getting bigger, followed by you pick um" phillips or Jensen.....hill is the guy unless stitt and selle know something they are not talking about imo....

krammer said:
griz5700 said:
garizzalies said:

the old style vs. substance....looking at all the scrimmages, imo hill is qb 1 and the margin is getting bigger, followed by you pick um" phillips or Jensen.....hill is the guy unless stitt and selle know something they are not talking about imo....

Seems pretty apparent that he was #3 all during Spring ball. Lots can happen between now and September.

griz5700 said:
Having watched the Spring scrimmage for the 3rd time, I agree Hill should be #1 moving forward - even though he wasn't facing the daunted, steel curtain of the first string Griz defense.. Sarcasm..

Also, I would blow up the whole offensive lineup. I want Akem, Toure, and JLM to start. I want Curran on the field as little as possible - sorry, the dude is a liability and doesn't have the upside of those behind him.

I like Simis at "h-back", but Horner and Bingham are both solid. It's a stupid phony position, so I don't really care. Get me a TE who can block and catch occasionally. Before you knock that, a TE who could block would do wonders for this struggling pathetic o-line.. But, we have a genius offensive mind right? Whatever..

After last year where this staff started Y. Sanders over Sandry, I have little faith that they will play the best. Even though their jobs are on the line.

Mind blowing..

Consider what Stitt and Selle review and decide upon.

- winter conditioning
- team meetings
- film study
- 3 practices per week
- follow up film study
- player meetings
- grading players
- knowing and reviewing playcalls
- knowing if QBs made errors or WRs made errors in plays that have bad results
- reviews and discussions with position coaches
- total spring recap and complete analysis of each player

And yet... you saw a few scrimmages and know more about them clearly about Hill vs Jensen or Phillips and that Curran has "no upside" which is laughable in a statement.

I think the ceiling for Akem and Toure is very high but if you have them start this year you're repeating last year at WR again. Errors in blocking, routes, reduced physical play, and inconsistent play that will go hot to cold. Not simply because of these two guys, but just because they're RS-Frosh... like what we had last year.

BWahlberg said:
griz5700 said:

Mind blowing..

- winter conditioning
- team meetings
- film study
- 3 practices per week
- follow up film study
- player meetings
- grading players

And yet... you saw a few scrimmages and know more about them clearly about Hill vs Jensen or Phillips and that Curran has "no upside" which is laughable in a statement.

I think the ceiling for Akem and Toure is very high but if you have them start this year you're repeating last year at WR again. Errors in blocking, routes, reduced physical play, and inconsistent play that will go hot to cold. Not simply because of these two guys, but just because they're RS-Frosh... like what we had last year.

It's my understanding the Curran is highly regarded by the coaches and players.

griz5700 said:

Mind blowing..

Hill was facing the THIRD string defense, essentially, with the top 3 LB's and top 2 interior linemen sitting out.

griz5700 said:

Mind blowing..

It's vaunted ... and the rest of your "analysis" is as deficient as your vocabulary and as your misplaced sarcasm re. the defense is. Mind Blowing.

PlayerRep said:
BWahlberg said:
griz5700 said:

Mind blowing..

- winter conditioning
- team meetings
- film study
- 3 practices per week
- follow up film study
- player meetings
- grading players

I've been fairly critical of Curran. I really, REALLY hope he's taken a step forward this year. He has shown great upside, and athletically it's clear that he is gifted. His struggles seemed to come during crunch-time last year. EWU sticks out. I don't care if he under-performs agains Valpo, but if he can make plays when needed and be a clutch player, I'll be his biggest fan.

This WR corps is YOUNG. We need a leader. I know Calhoun could be that guy. He showed tremendous ability last year, and I'd say he's our most reliable guy, but Curran has the opportunity to be a real leader among this group if he can be a clutch player as an upperclassman. Making plays like Sambrano's catch against App State at home come to mind when I think of a clutch WR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PlayerRep said:
BWahlberg said:
griz5700 said:

Mind blowing..

- winter conditioning
- team meetings
- film study
- 3 practices per week
- follow up film study
- player meetings
- grading players

Sorry PR but 5700 saw a few scrimmages and games last year and knows otherwise. Haha

AZGrizFan said:
griz5700 said:

Mind blowing..

Hill was facing the THIRD string defense, essentially, with the top 3 LB's and top 2 interior linemen sitting out.

Not to start a whole argument, but using that thought....Then Reese and Jensen were facing the SECOND string....He played against who was on the field, just like the others and he has only been in this offense a month. I don't know who will be number 1 in the fall, but Hill is improving each time out.

BWahlberg said:
griz5700 said:

Mind blowing..

- winter conditioning
- team meetings
- film study
- 3 practices per week
- follow up film study
- player meetings
- grading players

And after all that hard work those guys finished 3-5. Sorry, not into your spin nonsense.

Yeah, Curran sucks dude. Mr. Drop amazed no one this spring.

I hope you keep defending this staff after they lose their jobs.

Back