• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Bodnar is the choice

I like the fact that for him this isn't just the next step. It appears to be a personal challenge for a young man that appears to speak out challenges and accomplish them.

I like this hire and I'm excited for some young determined energy leading this school.

Sam A. Blitz said:
My best teachers were those that had some experience in the private sector. I understand the desire to have PhD's and experience in academia, but I would put Bodnar's Rhodes Scholarship, two masters degrees at Oxford and top of the class at West Point up against most PhD degrees.

Leadership credentials and an understanding of what employers desire from college graduates, will hopefully pay dividends.

This

signedbewildered said:
"....although some faculty members have also expressed concern about his credentials."

I am guessing he will be expecting staff members at all levels to perform, produce and excel or they will be held accountable. Interesting concept. I'm assuming this concerns certain (current) faculty. The Engstrom days are over. Get to work.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/tKT-eWMWXOE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
[youtube]https://youtu.be/tKT-eWMWXOE[/youtube]

I love this hire. I watched all four of the candidates speak, and was really impressed with Seth. Credit to Clayton Christian and BOR. I thought for sure Bodnar would be too unconventional for them. I like that he's got family ties to Missoula. Hopefully this is the beginning of a renascence for UM.

Maxim said:
I really like this hire however most liked the Stitt hire too. So I remain cautiously optimistic. :thumb:

Yup...other hires have had egrizzers ginned up, some ending under the wheels!
I wish him success, if....he can turn this around he is indeed the hire we need.

The realities of abysmal support for higher ed will be tough for him to deal with. Current cuts, higher tuition, program cutting meet him on day one.

ORGUNGRIZ said:
Great higher for sure and was my choice. I really like this higher I'm Mr. or should I say President Bonard. I recall an article with Pre Bonard where he indicate that Montana should be a premier institution in the Moutain West! Was he referring to a region in general or a conference by chance??.. Debate...
Hopefully he initiates a class where your graduates know the difference between hire and higher....lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Allezchat said:
ORGUNGRIZ said:
Great higher for sure and was my choice. I really like this higher I'm Mr. or should I say President Bonard. I recall an article with Pre Bonard where he indicate that Montana should be a premier institution in the Moutain West! Was he referring to a region in general or a conference by chance??.. Debate...
Hopefully he initiates a class where your graduates know the difference between hire and higher....lol

:lol: :lol: :lol:

GoldenEagle said:
Allezchat said:
ORGUNGRIZ said:

When you mess it up once it's just a mistake. When you mess it up twice, it's just stupid.

kemajic said:
GoldenEagle said:
Allezchat said:
ORGUNGRIZ said:

When you mess it up once it's just a mistake. When you mess it up twice, it's just stupid.

Or maybe Mr. Wizard it's called talk to text on a phone and not taking the time to proofread every work. But you seem to do the same to many people as I have read over time in other posts. So you go back to being a "brilliant " assh*^e setting at your computer with a bucket of greasy chicken smashing the keyboard on how smart you are.

Allezchat said:
ORGUNGRIZ said:

OH, don't go their!

ORGUNGRIZ said:
kemajic said:
GoldenEagle said:
Allezchat said:

Or maybe Mr. Wizard it's called talk to text on a phone and not taking the time to proofread every work. But you seem to do the same to many people as I have read over time in other posts. So you go back to being a "brilliant " assh*^e setting at your computer with a bucket of greasy chicken smashing the keyboard on how smart you are.
OK, it's the phone's fault.

signedbewildered said:
Sam A. Blitz said:
My best teachers were those that had some experience in the private sector. I understand the desire to have PhD's and experience in academia, but I would put Bodnar's Rhodes Scholarship, two masters degrees at Oxford and top of the class at West Point up against most PhD degrees.

Leadership credentials and an understanding of what employers desire from college graduates, will hopefully pay dividends.
This
I just doubled my annual Foundation contribution.

kemajic said:
signedbewildered said:
Sam A. Blitz said:

This

funny, you seem like the kind of guy who would pooh-pooh a 1-year, non full-time msc in comparative social policy, and a similar msc in economic and social history. but hey, i'm sure the university can use that extra dollar a year.

signedbewildered said:
Sam A. Blitz said:

This
< ditto > :thumb:

argh! said:
kemajic said:
signedbewildered said:
Sam A. Blitz said:

This

funny, you seem like the kind of guy who would pooh-pooh a 1-year, non full-time msc in comparative social policy, and a similar msc in economic and social history. but hey, i'm sure the university can use that extra dollar a year.
Well, at least that contributes to the discussion.

Back