• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Bodnar is the choice

His wife's maiden name sounds familiar. Where would I know it from?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

"....although some faculty members have also expressed concern about his credentials."

I am guessing he will be expecting staff members at all levels to perform, produce and excel or they will be held accountable. Interesting concept. I'm assuming this concerns certain (current) faculty. The Engstrom days are over. Get to work.

NorthEndZoneDan said:
Missoula Independent is tweeting that Seth Bodnar is the next U of M president. not sure I know how to post the tweet here.
https://twitter.com/Missoula_Indy/status/915350723696529409

Merged both topics

Great higher for sure and was my choice. I really like this higher I'm Mr. or should I say President Bonard. I recall an article with Pre Bonard where he indicate that Montana should be a premier institution in the Moutain West! Was he referring to a region in general or a conference by chance??.. Debate...

signedbewildered said:
"....although some faculty members have also expressed concern about his credentials."

I am guessing he will be expecting staff members at all levels to perform, produce and excel or they will be held accountable. Interesting concept. I'm assuming this concerns certain (current) faculty. The Engstrom days are over. Get to work.
I have to admit, I really thought they'd hire the circle jerk what looks good in the paper pat yourself on the back hire. The staff should be terrified of his credentials. Do your job or get out. Academia has a real holier than thou feel to it lately and this hire mediated that a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GrizBoard said:
NorthEndZoneDan said:
Missoula Independent is tweeting that Seth Bodnar is the next U of M president. not sure I know how to post the tweet here.
https://twitter.com/Missoula_Indy/status/915350723696529409
Merged both topics
Wondered when one of you would combine them. This one has the better title. :thumb:

dupuyer griz said:
signedbewildered said:

I have to admit, I really thought they'd hire the circle jerk what looks good in the paper pat yourself on the back hire. The staff should be terrified of his credentials. Do your job or get out. Academia has a real holier than thou feel to it lately and this hire mediated that a lot.

Most thought Royce was a "nice guy." That is all.

I really like this hire however most liked the Stitt hire too. So I remain cautiously optimistic. :thumb:

signedbewildered said:

He could go “Jack Welch” on them & lop off the bottom 10% each year, just like GE. Probably not, though. Good luck holding anyone with tenure accountable.

Good hire! I would bet he has enough sense to run this like a university in 2017....a combination of business sense and academia. Best news all day.

signedbewildered said:

Dan Akroyd - Ghost Busters:
"Personally, I liked the university. They gave us money and facilities, we didn't have to produce anything! You've never been out of college! You don't know what it's like out there! I've WORKED in the private sector. They expect results." :lol:

signedbewildered said:

Sounds like they're scared of a little ambition and a sense of accountability.

My best teachers were those that had some experience in the private sector. I understand the desire to have PhD's and experience in academia, but I would put Bodnar's Rhodes Scholarship, two masters degrees at Oxford and top of the class at West Point up against most PhD degrees.

Leadership credentials and an understanding of what employers desire from college graduates, will hopefully pay dividends.

Back