• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2021 Griz Football 19 Signed: (3) 2021 Offers

S- Rex Connors 6' 1" 200 (Pleasant Grove HS) Pleasant Grove, UT (UC Davis)

https://twitter.com/RexConnors/status/1334980606749409283

15 of 19 (79%) Verbals are from Montana... Yes, recruiting has changed a lot this year.

Has been a VERY long time since UM saw that percentage

Great article on Detrick https://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky-conference/university-of-montana/a-longtime-griz-fan-havre-s-kellen-detrick-sticking-with-montana-as-mountain-west-pac/article_41a3396a-aa42-5022-823c-b07b8cb53b4a.html

grizfan1984 said:
Great article on Detrick https://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky-conference/university-of-montana/a-longtime-griz-fan-havre-s-kellen-detrick-sticking-with-montana-as-mountain-west-pac/article_41a3396a-aa42-5022-823c-b07b8cb53b4a.html

I like it, but it’s a little misleading and I’m kind of insulted that the author thinks fans can’t figure it out.

Paytonlives said:
15 of 19 (79%) Verbals are from Montana... Yes, recruiting has changed a lot this year.

It's all about the (lack of) money.

Paytonlives said:

Cerrtainly no offense to them and I obviously wish them the best, but I have a really hard time believing the Griz are going to be very competitive if all we're getting is Montana kids. I'd be curious how many of them the staff would be going after if not for covid related restrictions. Kind of reminds me of the Lady Griz. Rarely seem to venture outside of Montana anymore and haven't been relevant for years.

Griz2k said:
Paytonlives said:

Cerrtainly no offense to them and I obviously wish them the best, but I have a really hard time believing the Griz are going to be very competitive if all we're getting is Montana kids. I'd be curious how many of them the staff would be going after if not for covid related restrictions. Kind of reminds me of the Lady Griz. Rarely seem to venture outside of Montana anymore and haven't been relevant for years.

I’m betting 75% of these kids are PWO’s or partials only. Maybe 2 are full rides (Detrick and Klucewich)...perhaps one other. Remember, there aren’t many schollies to give out, given that every kid ON the team that’s on schollie got another year of eligibility.

AZGrizFan said:
Griz2k said:

I’m betting 75% of these kids are PWO’s or partials only. Maybe 2 are full rides (Detrick and Klucewich)...perhaps one other. Remember, there aren’t many schollies to give out, given that every kid ON the team that’s on schollie got another year of eligibility.

1st team AA all-state TE Jacob Olson from Butte High has a full-ride scholarship.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/ravallirepublic.com/sports/college/big-sky-conference/university-of-montana/article_ffde361d-36ff-5871-aa16-7c4f0e9a0015.amp.html

AZGrizFan said:
Griz2k said:

Good points.

kemajic said:
Paytonlives said:

It's all about the (lack of) money.

And that Hauck and Company are big on relationship and getting them on campus for visits.... those never happened this recruiting cycle

Not sure if we add anymore out of state guys anytime soon. I hope to add a few more guys before signing day in a week and a half, bring it home Tel Arthur and Junior Bergen, wouldn’t mind adding another OL guy too, someone like Ty Raiha but we will see where things go from here.

Wouldn't the two Transfer Portal guys free up a couple scholarships they hadn't been planned on being available to now go after some out of state kids?

Ursus1 said:
Wouldn't the two Transfer Portal guys free up a couple scholarships they hadn't been planned on being available to now go after some out of state kids?

Yes but if anything that helps with the money gap not necessarily the numbers. Also could be saving those for transfers ourselves.

Back