• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2018 Season wins

PlayerRep said:
Stop_HammerTime69 said:
BlackChickenHobo said:
I am expecting this Hauck team to win at least 5 games this year maybe 6 or 7 if we get lucky. Anything more than a 5-6 season will be gravy until coach gets his guys in the system and stuff.

If we fired a coach for going 7-4 just to go 5-6, that's BS.

If we didn't renew a coach whose team was ranked nos. 12 and 8, post-season, went to the playoffs both years, and beat the Cats both years, to go 7-4, not make the playoffs, lose to the Cats, and not be ranked in the top 30, that's BS.

Both are BS.

Stop_HammerTime69 said:
BlackChickenHobo said:
I am expecting this Hauck team to win at least 5 games this year maybe 6 or 7 if we get lucky. Anything more than a 5-6 season will be gravy until coach gets his guys in the system and stuff.

If we fired a coach for going 7-4 just to go 5-6, that's BS.

Trajectory my friend, trajectory.

garizzalies said:
poorgriz said:
garizzalies said:
poorgriz said:
Doubt that. 8-3 in 2018.
Poorcats, can you tell us the tale again of how your WR who plays QB is making “significant” improvement in the passing department this spring? I love that story; one of my favs
I also love how you updated the story this year, so it didn’t sound like the same thing we heard last year.
Do they not teach the zero principle at cow college (i.e., zero times any number is still zero)?

Sure. Chris Murray is making significant improvement in the passing department this Spring. He's gotten better each year, as you would hope considering he was thrust into a starting D1 QB role as a seventeen year old. Yes, it sounds like he's taken another step up this Spring. According to Colter, he's not only improved but improved "Significantly". That improvement, coupled with our stout D, and a challenging that is still challenging but not quite as brutal as last year, leads to about an 8 win season.
Thanks, poorcats. You never disappoint. And the way your narration sounds just like Morgan Freeman in my mind really gives me the warm and fuzzies.
Hey, poorcats,
Now I feel cheated. I knew it was pure fiction but I just got “the rest of the story” Paul Harvey-style, about your WR’s “significant” improvement at passing.
I pulled into my neighbor the Cat Person’s field this week for our weekly shit talking session (and that bastard owes me money). I told him I heard some reporter apparently thinks the WR has made “significant improvements” in the passing dept this spring. Like you, little did he know I was baiting him into this hilarious topic for my own personal amusement.
But he flipped the script on me. Instead of spewing a bunch of BS, like you did above, he said the reporter only said that to smooth over some failed joke he made on the radio. Apparently, the reporter said on the radio the WR couldn’t throw it in the ocean to save a drowning child. So all these Cat People got butt hurt by his honest assessment, and the dude had to walk it back to save face. He threw the Cat People a fur ball (“significant improvements”) just to keep them engaged and clicking. I mean, the guy’s got to make a living, right?
So what gives? [For your narrative explanation, please incorporate complex sentences, rhetorical questions, and dramatic pauses...gives me goose bumps]

garizzalies said:
garizzalies said:
poorgriz said:
garizzalies said:
Poorcats, can you tell us the tale again of how your WR who plays QB is making “significant” improvement in the passing department this spring? I love that story; one of my favs
I also love how you updated the story this year, so it didn’t sound like the same thing we heard last year.
Do they not teach the zero principle at cow college (i.e., zero times any number is still zero)?

Sure. Chris Murray is making significant improvement in the passing department this Spring. He's gotten better each year, as you would hope considering he was thrust into a starting D1 QB role as a seventeen year old. Yes, it sounds like he's taken another step up this Spring. According to Colter, he's not only improved but improved "Significantly". That improvement, coupled with our stout D, and a challenging that is still challenging but not quite as brutal as last year, leads to about an 8 win season.
Thanks, poorcats. You never disappoint. And the way your narration sounds just like Morgan Freeman in my mind really gives me the warm and fuzzies.
Hey, poorcats,
Now I feel cheated. I knew it was pure fiction but I just got “the rest of the story” Paul Harvey-style, about your WR’s “significant” improvement at passing.
I pulled into my neighbor the Cat Person’s field this week for our weekly shit talking session (and that bastard owes me money). I told him I heard some reporter apparently thinks the WR has made “significant improvements” in the passing dept this spring. Like you, little did he know I was baiting him into this hilarious topic for my own personal amusement.
But he flipped the script on me. Instead of spewing a bunch of BS, like you did above, he said the reporter only said that to smooth over some failed joke he made on the radio. Apparently, the reporter said on the radio the WR couldn’t throw it in the ocean to save a drowning child. So all these Cat People got butt hurt by his honest assessment, and the dude had to walk it back to save face. He threw the Cat People a fur ball (“significant improvements”) just to keep them engaged and clicking. I mean, the guy’s got to make a living, right?
So what gives? [For your narrative explanation, please incorporate complex sentences, rhetorical questions, and dramatic pauses...gives me goose bumps]

Ok, believe what you want. My personal opinion is that CM is going to put up better passing numbers in 2018, perhaps significantly better. You don't agree, and that's cool. We'll see who's right come December. :p

poorgriz said:
garizzalies said:
garizzalies said:
poorgriz said:
Hey, poorcats,

Ok, believe what you want. My personal opinion is that CM is going to put up better passing numbers in 2018, perhaps significantly better. You don't agree, and that's cool. We'll see who's right come December. :p

Well let's be honest here. There's nowhere to go but up. If he completes 52% of his passes and averages 100 yard passing per game then he improved :)

HookedonGriz said:
poorgriz said:
garizzalies said:
garizzalies said:
Hey, poorcats,

Well let's be honest here. There's nowhere to go but up. If he completes 52% of his passes and averages 100 yard passing per game then he improved :)

I know that’s a jab, but that’s honestly my thought on it too. I’ve said it before, Murray isn’t going to complete 70% of his passes for 300 yds a game this year. I do think he’ll improve though,just like he improved last year over his freshman year.
Just predicting he’ll improve doesn’t mean he’s going to lead the Big Sky in passing yds. If he can get closer to that 60% completion this year with maybe 200ish yds per game paired with his running ability, I’ll take that. That would be a true dual threat.

Catsrgrood said:
HookedonGriz said:
poorgriz said:
garizzalies said:
Hey, poorcats,

I know that’s a jab, but that’s honestly my thought on it too. I’ve said it before, Murray isn’t going to complete 70% of his passes for 300 yds a game this year. I do think he’ll improve though,just like he improved last year over his freshman year.
Just predicting he’ll improve doesn’t mean he’s going to lead the Big Sky in passing yds. If he can get closer to that 60% completion this year with maybe 200ish yds per game paired with his running ability, I’ll take that. That would be a true dua threat.

I agree. It will be easy for him to improve because the numbers are pretty dismal. But yes if he throws 60% and 200 per game then that's significant improvement. I'd be shocked if that happened though.

bgbigdog said:
uofmman1122 said:
bgbigdog said:
I’m pretty sure we made that list last year, too.

Maybe someone else from Hero Sports, or another FCS writer, this guy just joined this publication. He also watched UNDSU for a long time so he’s seen some good FCS teams.

Yeah, I don't think UM is going to the playoffs. Maybe 5-6.
MSU will win at least 8 and go deep in playoffs.
NAU will probably win conference due to schedule and lose first round playoff game.
Idaho won't finish in the top 5.

Montanabob said:
bgbigdog said:
uofmman1122 said:
bgbigdog said:

Maybe someone else from Hero Sports, or another FCS writer, this guy just joined this publication. He also watched UNDSU for a long time so he’s seen some good FCS teams.

NAU will probably win conference due to schedule and lose first round playoff game.
Idaho won't finish in the top 5.
Hi Steve

Montanabob said:
bgbigdog said:
uofmman1122 said:
bgbigdog said:

you haven't been a cat fan very long have you...?

Griz will miss playoffs
cats will make playoffs exit quickly
griz will have one less win then negative stories in missoulian!

I hope i'm wrong on all three :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ilovethecats said:
Montanabob said:
bgbigdog said:
uofmman1122 said:

you haven't been a cat fan very long have you...?
I was gonna say. :lol:

When a Cat Person predicts they will “go deep” in the playoffs, does that mean he believes one of their receivers will run a “9” or a “go” route deep into the secondary (like when a QB tells his receiver to “go deep”) or does he really believe the boobcats will actually win multiple playoff games?
Both seem unlikely

4 wins and I'll keep on the sunny side
5 wins and I'm ok
6 wins I'm impressed
7 wins I'm happy
7 wins (includes the cats) i'm very happy
8 wins and I'm a full believer
9 wins and i'm gonna get greedy and want a deep playoff run

Back