• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2018 Season wins

PlayerRep said:
Just commenting on overly high and unrealistic expectations, and hypocritical statements. I guess you aren't one of the people saying a new coach should be given 4 years, or where you?

Dude, let me point out one flaw in your logic. We replaced our quarterback with a BETTER quarterback. Apparently you have no faith in him. I get that. But true fans believe. RTD

poorgriz said:
7-4 would be very impressive given your weaknesses and schedule. You have one gimmie game, Drake. You'll likely end up 6-5 or 5-6.

5-6...were talking lifetime extension for the coach in Bobcatland.

HookedonGriz said:
poorgriz said:
7-4 would be very impressive given your weaknesses and schedule. You have one gimmie game, Drake. You'll likely end up 6-5 or 5-6.

If only you and your buddies could judge your own team so critically. It's always 9-2 over there. What you just said should fit the bill perfectly for the Cats.

I must have missed the posts on Bobcat Nation where the consensus was 9-2 this year. A couple posters, yes. Everyone? Not even close. Just like there’s a genius on here that predicts a conference title and run to the semi’s seemingly every year, I don’t think all of egriz believes that delusion.
Ever notice how it’s the griz fans that turn these threads into a discussion of the Cats?

poorgriz said:
HookedonGriz said:
poorgriz said:

If only you and your buddies could judge your own team so critically. It's always 9-2 over there. What you just said should fit the bill perfectly for the Cats.

Doubt that. 8-3 in 2018.

Yep always....literally always.

I can tell the OP is a huge Griz fan. It's like a sixth, or even seventh, sense of mine.
Anyway, it definitely cannot be 7-4.
8-3 or better.
#nomoreexcuses2018

Catsrgrood said:
HookedonGriz said:
poorgriz said:

I must have missed the posts on Bobcat Nation where the consensus was 9-2 this year. A couple posters, yes. Everyone? Not even close. Just like there’s a genius on here that predicts a conference title and run to the semi’s seemingly every year, I don’t think all of egriz believes that delusion.
Ever notice how it’s the griz fans that turn these threads into a discussion of the Cats?

Last year when it would have taken a Christmas miracle for your team to get 7 wins, the MAJORITY of Cats fans said 8-3 to 9-2 in polls there. Easy to look back and find if you check. They are doing it again this year. Like I said...every.....single....year

PlayerRep said:
AllWeatherFan said:
PlayerRep said:
No, Stitt got 7 wins with last year's players, not this year's. Our starting QB has left and needs to be replaced. 4 starting o-lineman have graduated. Top 2 corners from last year have moved on. 2 of the top 3 linebackers graduated. New offensive and defensive systems are being instituted. Many new coaches on board. After Delaney's last 2 teams were ranked nos. 12 and 8 in the national post-season polls his last 2 years, I didn't see you or your types clambering for Stitt to be ranked higher than nos. 12/8 as the years went on. Hypocritical much?

Any other apologists out there who wish to try to lower our expectations? :roll:

Just commenting on overly high and unrealistic expectations, and hypocritical statements. I guess you aren't one of the people saying a new coach should be given 4 years, or where you?

Actually, Bobby is a returning not a new coach.

BlackChickenHobo said:
I am expecting this Hauck team to win at least 5 games this year maybe 6 or 7 if we get lucky. Anything more than a 5-6 season will be gravy until coach gets his guys in the system and stuff.

Hi Steve! :| :| :|

garizzalies said:
poorgriz said:
HookedonGriz said:
poorgriz said:

Doubt that. 8-3 in 2018.
Poorcats, can you tell us the tale again of how your WR who plays QB is making “significant” improvement in the passing department this spring? I love that story; one of my favs
I also love how you updated the story this year, so it didn’t sound like the same thing we heard last year.
Do they not teach the zero principle at cow college (i.e., zero times any number is still zero)?

Sure. Chris Murray is making significant improvement in the passing department this Spring. He's gotten better each year, as you would hope considering he was thrust into a starting D1 QB role as a seventeen year old. Yes, it sounds like he's taken another step up this Spring. According to Colter, he's not only improved but improved "Significantly". That improvement, coupled with our stout D, and a challenging that is still challenging but not quite as brutal as last year, leads to about an 8 win season.

poorgriz said:
garizzalies said:
poorgriz said:
HookedonGriz said:

Doubt that. 8-3 in 2018.
Poorcats, can you tell us the tale again of how your WR who plays QB is making “significant” improvement in the passing department this spring? I love that story; one of my favs
I also love how you updated the story this year, so it didn’t sound like the same thing we heard last year.
Do they not teach the zero principle at cow college (i.e., zero times any number is still zero)?

Sure. Chris Murray is making significant improvement in the passing department this Spring. He's gotten better each year, as you would hope considering he was thrust into a starting D1 QB role as a seventeen year old. Yes, it sounds like he's taken another step up this Spring. According to Colter, he's not only improved but improved "Significantly". That improvement, coupled with our stout D, and a challenging that is still challenging but not quite as brutal as last year, leads to about an 8 win season.
Thanks, poorcats. You never disappoint. And the way your narration sounds just like Morgan Freeman in my mind really gives me the warm and fuzzies.

garizzalies said:
poorgriz said:
garizzalies said:
poorgriz said:
Doubt that. 8-3 in 2018.

Thanks, poorcats. You never disappoint. And the way your narration sounds just like Morgan Freeman in my mind really gives me the warm and fuzzies.

They were the best bad team in the country!

garizzalies said:
poorgriz said:
garizzalies said:
poorgriz said:
Doubt that. 8-3 in 2018.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

garizzalies said:
poorgriz said:
garizzalies said:
poorgriz said:
Doubt that. 8-3 in 2018.

I literally cannot read it in my mind any other way now! :lol:

I’m pretty sure this line in poorcats’ post is taken straight out of Shawshank Redemption: “a challenge that is challenging but not quite brutal.”
It’s right before The Sisters get the best of Andy in the laundry room.
Tho not exactly on point, poorcats is right: it fits the CM metaphor.
“Get busy scrambling, or get busy dying.”

garizzalies said:
poorgriz said:
garizzalies said:
poorgriz said:
Doubt that. 8-3 in 2018.

Ok that was hilarious :lol:

BlackChickenHobo said:
I am expecting this Hauck team to win at least 5 games this year maybe 6 or 7 if we get lucky. Anything more than a 5-6 season will be gravy until coach gets his guys in the system and stuff.

If we fired a coach for going 7-4 just to go 5-6, that's BS.

Stop_HammerTime69 said:
BlackChickenHobo said:

If we fired a coach for going 7-4 just to go 5-6, that's BS.

If we didn't renew a coach whose team was ranked nos. 12 and 8, post-season, went to the playoffs both years, and beat the Cats both years, to go 7-4, not make the playoffs, lose to the Cats, and not be ranked in the top 30, that's BS.

Back