• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2018 season first impression

VandalPride97 said:
RobGriz said:
VandalPride97 said:
CrunchGriz said:
As of now, and the last 18 years and four games, the ring is in Missoula. I don't know why we would trust I-don't-know fans with knowing that, though. Damn spuds can't even get their sheep facts straight. Guess which state has more sheep (and likely more sheep 'lovers')?

United States 5,210,000
Rank State Head % Of U.S.
1 Texas 740,000 14.20%
2 California 550,000 10.56%
3 Colorado 365,000 7.01%
4 Wyoming 355,000 6.81%
5 Utah 275,000 5.28%
6 South Dakota 270,000 5.18%
7 Idaho 250,000 4.80%
8 Montana 220,000 4.22%
9 Oregon 195,000 3.74%
10 Iowa 155,000

A Montana fan with immediate sheep statistics to post. Interesting. I think the important thing is not how many sheep each state has, but what, in fact, the population of that state does with/to the sheep. I know it gets mighty cold up there sometimes and your sheep really do look rather nervous from the pictures I've seen.

No one doubts you’d know what nervous sheep look like.

Some dude from Montana showed me a picture of his girlfriend...

I heard it is his ex-girlfriend thank to you Casanova.

alabamagrizzly said:
Ringneck said:
I'll predict we'll go 8-3; 3-2 on the road and 6-1 in the Big Sky (because UND will be considered a non-conference game next year, I think?), and finish the season ranked in the top 20. With a weak conference schedule we will share the Big Sky title with Idaho and EWU and make the playoffs for the first time in three years.

Northern Iowa - Loss
Drake - Win
@ Western Illinois - Loss
Sacramento state - Win
@ Cal Poly - Win
Portland State - Win
@ North Dakota - Win
UC Davis - Win
@ S. Utah - Win
@ Idaho - Loss
Montana State - Win

If I understand it correctly, UND’s “con” games against the Big Sky still count for their opponents con record. UND is just playing for fun next year.

UND is playing to win a National Championship just like every other FCS team.

Ringneck said:
alabamagrizzly said:
Ringneck said:
I'll predict we'll go 8-3; 3-2 on the road and 6-1 in the Big Sky (because UND will be considered a non-conference game next year, I think?), and finish the season ranked in the top 20. With a weak conference schedule we will share the Big Sky title with Idaho and EWU and make the playoffs for the first time in three years.

Northern Iowa - Loss
Drake - Win
Sacramento state - Win
@ Cal Poly - Win
Portland State - Win
@ North Dakota - Win
UC Davis - Win
@ S. Utah - Win
@ Idaho - Loss
Montana State - Win

If I understand it correctly, UND’s “con” games against the Big Sky still count for their opponents con record. UND is just playing for fun next year.

Interesting. Is it because those games had been scheduled in advance or something like that?
So next year, EWU plays a conference opponent - NAU - as a non-conference game, and we and several other teams play UND - a non-conference opponent - as a conference game. Bizarre.

UND is still a BSC team, they just can not win the auto bid to the playoffs.

HelenaHandBasket said:
alabamagrizzly said:
Ringneck said:

Northern Iowa - Loss
Drake - Win
Sacramento state - Win
@ Cal Poly - Win
Portland State - Win
@ North Dakota - Win
UC Davis - Win
@ S. Utah - Win
@ Idaho - Loss
Montana State - Win

UND is playing to win a National Championship just like every other FCS team.

Good to know. I was under the assumption that since we hired Bobby back, the rest of the FCS was just gonna take this year off and let us have the natty.

Griz til I die said:
I know there's a lot of you who have different opinions on Bobby Hauck and the new DC. After reading all of this, I decided to post a thread where we can see what everybody's expectations are for next season as of right now
Here is our schedule for next year:
VS. N. Iowa- Tough game against opponent that made the playoffs this year. They traditionally have not played us very well, especially at home. I think we take this one since it's the first home game of the year and it's Bobby's homecoming.
VS. Drake- Our cupcake game next season, we should roll.
@ Western Illinois- Probably the toughest road of the season. Their coach just left to be an assistant at Arizona State which I think gives us a much better chance. I think I'll need to learn a little bit more about this team before I make a pick on this one.
VS. Sacramento state- The Big Sky's up and comers, or maybe just one hit wonders? We saw this a couple of years ago from Portland State and Idaho State back a few years ago. Can Sac State stay consistent throughout the next few years, or was last season just a fluke and another one hit wonder team? Griz will win regardless.
@ Cal Poly- Of course, the dreaded triple option team that has given us trouble for years, however Cal Poly was so god awful last year that we better beat them this year. I think the Griz squeak out a close one.
VS. Portland State- The other terrible team from last year. Griz will roll.
@ North Dakota-Tough place to travel to and play at. The three headed monster will be back next year, but UND will have a new quarterback next year. Their defense was terrible, Griz should win.
VS. UC Davis- Jake Maier and Keelan Doss might keep things interesting in the first half, but UC Davis' defense is not much and will have a hard time stopping us, Griz win.
@ S. Utah- 10 returning starters on offense next year, but will have a new quarterback. I honestly have no idea what to think of the Tbirds next year. It's all going to center around that new QB next year. Until I know more though I can't make a prediction.
@ Idaho- The biggest question revolving around the Big Sky next year. How will the Vandals adjust to playing at the FCS level next year? After seeing that they played 3 different QB's last year, it makes me think the Vandy's have an identity problem. I think they might struggle next year, but that's just speculation on my part. I'll say Griz win.
VS. MSU- Cats seem to be trending upwards, but I think we are too. Games at home next year, Bobby will be fired up and will have the team fired up and ready to play, Griz win.

-----------------
So after looking at our schedule my gut tells me 10-1 next year, but my brain tells me 9-2 or 8-3 next year, so for now until we know more, I'll pick the one in the middle and say 9-2. I'll let you guys pick those two losses for me. That's my early prediction for next season, how about you guys? (obviously there's not much to go off of right now, but just go off of your first impression from looking at the schedule).

GO GRIZ!

A simple question: Do we ever get to see Cal Poly in Missoula?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back