• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2018 season first impression

VandalPride97 said:
Grizo said:
FYI....your still Idaho. Not the Idaho of the early ‘90s or ‘80s. Should be a good game but not a guaranteed loss

Don't get all butthurt about it little lady. By virtue of the disparity between FBS/FCS we are, all things considered, probably better than the 80's and 90's.

Damn, playing Montana is the only thing I'm looking forward to next year. Honestly, I can't wait. My living room is going to look so dope after the game:

dfefca812ed540bdd662637a6e19f523--bear-rug-grizzly-bears.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I’m curious. Why did you stop playing us to begin with? Oh, I remember now, it’s because it got frustrating losing to a “div-1AA” school...over...and over...and over. Year after year after year.

Yes, it is actually possible to predict, even if we don't have all the information we wish we had.

I predict that the Griz will go 7-4:

VS. N. Iowa - Win
VS. Drake - Win
@ Western Illinois - Loss
VS. Sacramento state - Win
@ Cal Poly - Win
VS. Portland State - Win
@ North Dakota - Loss
VS. UC Davis - Win
@ S. Utah - Loss
@ Idaho - Loss
VS. MSU - Win

AllWeatherFan said:
Yes, it is actually possible to predict, even if we don't have all the information we wish we had.

I predict that the Griz will go 7-4:

VS. N. Iowa - Win
VS. Drake - Win
@ Western Illinois - Loss
VS. Sacramento state - Win
@ Cal Poly - Win
VS. Portland State - Win
@ North Dakota - Loss
VS. UC Davis - Win
@ S. Utah - Loss
@ Idaho - Loss
VS. MSU - Win

7-4 and losing 3 of the last 5... that's probably missing the playoffs I'd guess.

BWahlberg said:
For the Griz:

toss-up games:
- UNI will presumably be the better team with maybe more continuity, but it's at home so that helps us
- UND simply because 2017 was marred by injuries, they still could be a good team, game @UND
- Idaho bc I have no clue (as I posted before) how good they are, I'll say toss-up @ UI

favored to lose:
- Western Illinois, won 8 games last year, game is at their place, early in the season. Tough road trip
- SUU, reigning conference champs, I'll give them the nod until they prove otherwise

favored to win:
- Drake
- Sac State, it's in Wa Griz, will be a tougher game though
- Poly, not sure how good Poly will be this year
- PSU, in Missoula
- Cats, went back and forth on this honestly, the possible challenges the team had could be in the past when this game rolls around, if so I'd think Griz should be favored. Bobby's never lost to MSU in Wa Griz

--------
That would put the Griz most likely in the range of 6-5 to 9-2.... 7-4 or 8-3 probably the more likely outcome at this point.

Losses:
UNI
WIU
Idaho
MSU
SUU
UCD

Wins:
PSU
CP
Sac
UND
Drake

5-6

SeattleBobcat said:
BWahlberg said:
For the Griz:

toss-up games:
- UNI will presumably be the better team with maybe more continuity, but it's at home so that helps us
- UND simply because 2017 was marred by injuries, they still could be a good team, game @UND
- Idaho bc I have no clue (as I posted before) how good they are, I'll say toss-up @ UI

favored to lose:
- Western Illinois, won 8 games last year, game is at their place, early in the season. Tough road trip
- SUU, reigning conference champs, I'll give them the nod until they prove otherwise

favored to win:
- Drake
- PSU, in Missoula
- Cats, went back and forth on this honestly, the possible challenges the team had could be in the past when this game rolls around, if so I'd think Griz should be favored. Bobby's never lost to MSU in Wa Griz

--------
That would put the Griz most likely in the range of 6-5 to 9-2.... 7-4 or 8-3 probably the more likely outcome at this point.

Losses:
UNI
WIU
Idaho
MSU
SUU
UCD

Wins:
PSU
CP
Sac
UND
Drake

5-6

Hey turdbird, you predict that every season for the Griz while predicting 9-2 for your kitty cats. You suck at this. Literally wrong every single time.

poorgriz said:
rivercat said:
Griz til I die prediction last April for 2017. Lol.

"Earlier this year, back in January, I posted a thread asking everyone what our record for this season would be and how far we would go in the playoffs. Now that spring ball is over, I wanted to post the question again because now we know a lot more than we did back in January. my prediction for this season was 10-1. I know what your all thinking, call me crazy, but I seriously think it's possible. Our defense has played great this whole spring, and will continue to get better. Even though our offense was a little bit sluggish today, the talent is still there. I think Gresch will get the starting job at QB. I think Reese really hurt his chances today. I thought Gresch had a pretty good day considering he was only on the field for a limited amount of time today. Not to mention that all of our top LB's and our top RB were out for spring ball. once they all come back, I think it will be a night and day difference between spring ball and the actual season. Now that Jensen has gotten his feet wet in this offense, he is going to be a really good QB there's no doubt about it. Even though the spring game may have seemed somewhat underwhelming today, I saw lots of positive signs all over the field. I like this team and I think it's going to be a breakout year. This season we have the advantage of playing all the tough teams at home, which is going to be huge for us. So I am sticking with my answer of 10-1. When I posted this back in January, I initially said 9-2, but that was back when Beau Baldwin was still with Eastern, now that he's gone, I think it will be a little bit of a rebuilding year for the eagles and we beat them at home this year. That's my thoughts on the season. How about you guys?"

:lol: :lol: :lol: Never gets old slapping some of these guys back into reality! Don't worry, when the official prediction thread comes around there will be 11-0, a bunch of 10-1 and 9-2's..... You'd think they'd learn. With the griz schedule, the'll be underdogs if 5 or 6 games. I'll go with 6-5.

Griz go 16-0 in ‘18. You heard it here first.

SeattleBobcat said:

Losses:
UNI
WIU
Idaho
MSU
SUU
UCD

Wins:
PSU
CP
Sac
UND
Drake

5-6

2mhdqcX

Boy don't you wish. Just because vim state college is used to losing records, doesn't mean anyone else is. It's not the norm you know. Certainly not at THE UNIVERSITY OF MONTANA.

Very difficult to predict what this team will do with new coaches, schemes, and some depth issues at some position groups. I really like the staff that Hauck is assembling and some of the talent that we are returning, but I'd be pleasantly surprised if we win the conference or make a playoff run this staff's first year. Hopefully, fans will understand this and maintain the awesome support that they are offering now with the excitement of all the changes.

HookedonGriz said:
SeattleBobcat said:
BWahlberg said:
For the Griz:

toss-up games:

favored to lose:

favored to win:
- Drake
- PSU, in Missoula

--------

Losses:
UNI
WIU
Idaho
MSU
SUU
UCD

Wins:
PSU
CP
Sac
UND
Drake

5-6

Hey turdbird, you predict that every season for the Griz while predicting 9-2 for your kitty cats. You suck at this. Literally wrong every single time.

I predicted the Cats would be 6-5 last season, wow I was way off. I predicted a griz beatdown... F'n nailed it. Also predicted a close Natty for NDSU (24-17) which was pretty goddamn close... While you pat yourself on the back over on BCN, for some fucking gibberish about how it was going to be a slugfest (well, no shit Sherlock) and picked NDSU by score with no score given.

Can't wait until next season and the excuses you come with for why the griz are a middle of the pack Big Sky team and lost to the Cats again! Go ahead and bookmark this shit, I am. Have fun stroking your Hauck this off-season. Can't wait to hear about how the griz are going to be world beaters in 2018.

SeattleBobcat said:
HookedonGriz said:
SeattleBobcat said:
BWahlberg said:
For the Griz:

toss-up games:

favored to lose:

favored to win:
- Drake
- PSU, in Missoula

--------

Losses:
UNI
WIU
Idaho
MSU
SUU
UCD

Wins:
PSU
CP
Sac
UND
Drake

5-6

I predicted the Cats would be 6-5 last season, wow I was way off. I predicted a griz beatdown... F'n nailed it. Also predicted a close Natty for NDSU (24-17) which was pretty goddamn close... While you pat yourself on the back over on BCN, for some f***[*] gibberish about how it was going to be a slugfest (well, no shit Sherlock) and picked NDSU by score with no score given.

Can't wait until next season and the excuses you come with for why the griz are a middle of the pack Big Sky team and lost to the Cats again! Go ahead and bookmark this shit, I am. Have fun stroking your Hauck this off-season. Can't wait to hear about how the griz are going to be world beaters in 2018.

Easy there, hoss. Why you so edgy? The fact that the scats beat Stitt’s team by one score at home last season shouldn’t merit so much chest thumping.

SeattleBobcat said:
HookedonGriz said:
SeattleBobcat said:
BWahlberg said:
For the Griz:

toss-up games:

favored to lose:

favored to win:
- Drake
- PSU, in Missoula

--------

Losses:
UNI
WIU
Idaho
MSU
SUU
UCD

Wins:
PSU
CP
Sac
UND
Drake

5-6

I predicted the Cats would be 6-5 last season, wow I was way off. I predicted a griz beatdown... F'n nailed it. Also predicted a close Natty for NDSU (24-17) which was pretty goddamn close... While you pat yourself on the back over on BCN, for some f***[*] gibberish about how it was going to be a slugfest (well, no shit Sherlock) and picked NDSU by score with no score given.

I would rather poke my eyes or with a spoon than visit that shit site. Unlike you I stick to my own board. There's enough drama here to last a life time.

Grizo said:
FYI....your still Idaho. Not the Idaho of the early ‘90s or ‘80s. Should be a good game but not a guaranteed loss

What a coincidence. We’re not the Montana of the late ‘90’s or early 2000’s either...

AZGrizFan said:
Grizo said:

What a coincidence. We’re not the Montana of the late ‘90’s or early 2000’s either...

Holy crap AZGrizFan. Why can’t anyone have ANY hope or optimism about the 2018 season?? Seriously, let someone talk crap to Idaho fans.

RobGriz said:
VandalPride97 said:
Grizo said:

Don't get all butthurt about it little lady. By virtue of the disparity between FBS/FCS we are, all things considered, probably better than the 80's and 90's.

Damn, playing Montana is the only thing I'm looking forward to next year. Honestly, I can't wait. My living room is going to look so dope after the game:

dfefca812ed540bdd662637a6e19f523--bear-rug-grizzly-bears.jpg

We weren't allowed to do home-home and we needed the money. Much like your moms....
I’m curious. Why did you stop playing us to begin with? Oh, I remember now, it’s because it got frustrating losing to a “div-1AA” school...over...and over...and over. Year after year after year.

poorgriz said:
rivercat said:
Griz til I die prediction last April for 2017. Lol.

"Earlier this year, back in January, I posted a thread asking everyone what our record for this season would be and how far we would go in the playoffs. Now that spring ball is over, I wanted to post the question again because now we know a lot more than we did back in January. my prediction for this season was 10-1. I know what your all thinking, call me crazy, but I seriously think it's possible. Our defense has played great this whole spring, and will continue to get better. Even though our offense was a little bit sluggish today, the talent is still there. I think Gresch will get the starting job at QB. I think Reese really hurt his chances today. I thought Gresch had a pretty good day considering he was only on the field for a limited amount of time today. Not to mention that all of our top LB's and our top RB were out for spring ball. once they all come back, I think it will be a night and day difference between spring ball and the actual season. Now that Jensen has gotten his feet wet in this offense, he is going to be a really good QB there's no doubt about it. Even though the spring game may have seemed somewhat underwhelming today, I saw lots of positive signs all over the field. I like this team and I think it's going to be a breakout year. This season we have the advantage of playing all the tough teams at home, which is going to be huge for us. So I am sticking with my answer of 10-1. When I posted this back in January, I initially said 9-2, but that was back when Beau Baldwin was still with Eastern, now that he's gone, I think it will be a little bit of a rebuilding year for the eagles and we beat them at home this year. That's my thoughts on the season. How about you guys?"

:lol: :lol: :lol: Never gets old slapping some of these guys back into reality! Don't worry, when the official prediction thread comes around there will be 11-0, a bunch of 10-1 and 9-2's..... You'd think they'd learn. With the griz schedule, the'll be underdogs if 5 or 6 games. I'll go with 6-5.

Ready to wager...

Fellas, fellas, fellas - come on, let's settle this like gentlemen.

Just come over and kiss the ring.

Don't worry, we'll hook you up with one potato per unmolested sheep. Fair play, guys...

Back