• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2018 season first impression

If Bobby's defense is just a step above Stitt's then the boys don't allow a crazy run by EWU that swung the momentum in the 3rd quarter and the cats don't convert 2 3rd and for ever. When a Bobby coached Griz team is up on a team like EWU in the 2nd half they are clock controlling not in hurry up mode. These couple of plays are the difference between two wins and we are in the playoffs. Therefore, I predict 8 wins and back to the playoffs for 2018.

HookedonGriz said:
SeattleBobcat said:
HookedonGriz said:
SeattleBobcat said:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Losses:
UNI
WIU
Idaho
MSU
SUU
UCD

Wins:
PSU
CP
Sac
UND
Drake

5-6

Hey turdbird, you predict that every season for the Griz while predicting 9-2 for your kitty cats. You suck at this. Literally wrong every single time.

I predicted the Cats would be 6-5 last season, wow I was way off. I predicted a griz beatdown... F'n nailed it. Also predicted a close Natty for NDSU (24-17) which was pretty goddamn close... While you pat yourself on the back over on BCN, for some f***[*] gibberish about how it was going to be a slugfest (well, no shit Sherlock) and picked NDSU by score with no score given.

Can't wait until next season and the excuses you come with for why the griz are a middle of the pack Big Sky team and lost to the Cats again! Go ahead and bookmark this shit, I am. Have fun stroking your Hauck this off-season. Can't wait to hear about how the griz are going to be world beaters in 2018.

I would rather poke my eyes or with a spoon than visit that shit site. Unlike you I stick to my own board. There's enough drama here to last a life time.
Dude STFU... You post to BCN more than I fo Jizaddict.

SeattleBobcat said:
HookedonGriz said:
SeattleBobcat said:
HookedonGriz said:
Hey turdbird, you predict that every season for the Griz while predicting 9-2 for your kitty cats. You suck at this. Literally wrong every single time.

I predicted the Cats would be 6-5 last season, wow I was way off. I predicted a griz beatdown... F'n nailed it. Also predicted a close Natty for NDSU (24-17) which was pretty goddamn close... While you pat yourself on the back over on BCN, for some f***[*] gibberish about how it was going to be a slugfest (well, no shit Sherlock) and picked NDSU by score with no score given.

Can't wait until next season and the excuses you come with for why the griz are a middle of the pack Big Sky team and lost to the Cats again! Go ahead and bookmark this shit, I am. Have fun stroking your Hauck this off-season. Can't wait to hear about how the griz are going to be world beaters in 2018.

I would rather poke my eyes or with a spoon than visit that shit site. Unlike you I stick to my own board. There's enough drama here to last a life time.
Dude STFU... You post to BCN more than I do Jizaddict.

VandalPride97 said:
Fellas, fellas, fellas - come on, let's settle this like gentlemen.

Just come over and kiss the ring.

Don't worry, we'll hook you up with one potato per unmolested sheep. Fair play, guys...

As of now, and the last 18 years and four games, the ring is in Missoula. I don't know why we would trust I-don't-know fans with knowing that, though. Damn spuds can't even get their sheep facts straight. Guess which state has more sheep (and likely more sheep 'lovers')?

United States 5,210,000
Rank State Head % Of U.S.
1 Texas 740,000 14.20%
2 California 550,000 10.56%
3 Colorado 365,000 7.01%
4 Wyoming 355,000 6.81%
5 Utah 275,000 5.28%
6 South Dakota 270,000 5.18%
7 Idaho 250,000 4.80%
8 Montana 220,000 4.22%
9 Oregon 195,000 3.74%
10 Iowa 155,000

SeattleBobcat said:
HookedonGriz said:
SeattleBobcat said:
HookedonGriz said:

Awesome another internet tough guy. If someone is posting as Hooked at that crap hole it isn't me. Again why do you keep posting here if you're a cats fan?

CrunchGriz said:
VandalPride97 said:

Don't worry, we'll hook you up with one potato per unmolested sheep. Fair play, guys...

As of now, and the last 18 years and four games, the ring is in Missoula. I don't know why we would trust I-don't-know fans with knowing that, though. Damn spuds can't even get their sheep facts straight. Guess which state has more sheep (and likely more sheep 'lovers')?

United States 5,210,000
1 Texas 740,000 14.20%
3 Colorado 365,000 7.01%
4 Wyoming 355,000 6.81%
5 Utah 275,000 5.28%
7 Idaho 250,000 4.80%
8 Montana 220,000 4.22%
9 Oregon 195,000 3.74%
10 Iowa 155,000

A Montana fan with immediate sheep statistics to post. Interesting. I think the important thing is not how many sheep each state has, but what, in fact, the population of that state does with/to the sheep. I know it gets mighty cold up there sometimes and your sheep really do look rather nervous from the pictures I've seen.

VandalPride97 said:
RobGriz said:
VandalPride97 said:
Grizo said:
FYI....your still Idaho. Not the Idaho of the early ‘90s or ‘80s. Should be a good game but not a guaranteed loss

Don't get all butthurt about it little lady. By virtue of the disparity between FBS/FCS we are, all things considered, probably better than the 80's and 90's.

Damn, playing Montana is the only thing I'm looking forward to next year. Honestly, I can't wait. My living room is going to look so dope after the game:

dfefca812ed540bdd662637a6e19f523--bear-rug-grizzly-bears.jpg

We weren't allowed to do home-home and we needed the money. Much like your moms....
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I’m curious. Why did you stop playing us to begin with? Oh, I remember now, it’s because it got frustrating losing to a “div-1AA” school...over...and over...and over. Year after year after year.
My mom needs money? Not sure what a woman that’s been dead for 5 years needs money for, but ok...

VandalPride97 said:
CrunchGriz said:
VandalPride97 said:

United States 5,210,000
1 Texas 740,000 14.20%
3 Colorado 365,000 7.01%
4 Wyoming 355,000 6.81%
5 Utah 275,000 5.28%
7 Idaho 250,000 4.80%
8 Montana 220,000 4.22%
9 Oregon 195,000 3.74%
10 Iowa 155,000

A Montana fan with immediate sheep statistics to post. Interesting. I think the important thing is not how many sheep each state has, but what, in fact, the population of that state does with/to the sheep. I know it gets mighty cold up there sometimes and your sheep really do look rather nervous from the pictures I've seen.

No one doubts you’d know what nervous sheep look like.

HookedonGriz said:
SeattleBobcat said:
HookedonGriz said:
SeattleBobcat said:

Awesome another internet tough guy. If someone is posting as Hooked at that crap hole it isn't me. Again why do you keep posting here if you're a cats fan?
For the lols from pathetic suckers like you. So you're not going to be the moral compass of BCN anymore? that's good news!

I'll say 8-3...I think BH makes us 1 win better than BS last year. Although I would assume a 7-4 team wouldn't get left out two years in a row but you never know.

You guys need to lower your expectations for 2018, it will be less stressful for you.

You'll be the underdogs vs:

Northern Iowa
Western Ill
North Dakota
Southern Utah
Idaho
MSU

You SHOULD beat:
Drake
Portland State
UC Davis

50\50 games:
Sac State
Cal Poly

With a brand new coaching regime and completely revamped O and D schemes, the inevitable player turnover, graduating basically your entire O Line, and a drastically improved big Sky - you'll again be around the 500 mark.

RobGriz said:
VandalPride97 said:
CrunchGriz said:
VandalPride97 said:

United States 5,210,000
1 Texas 740,000 14.20%
3 Colorado 365,000 7.01%
4 Wyoming 355,000 6.81%
5 Utah 275,000 5.28%
7 Idaho 250,000 4.80%
8 Montana 220,000 4.22%
9 Oregon 195,000 3.74%
10 Iowa 155,000

No one doubts you’d know what nervous sheep look like.

Some dude from Montana showed me a picture of his girlfriend...

I'll predict we'll go 8-3; 3-2 on the road and 6-1 in the Big Sky (because UND will be considered a non-conference game next year, I think?), and finish the season ranked in the top 20. With a weak conference schedule we will share the Big Sky title with Idaho and EWU and make the playoffs for the first time in three years.

Northern Iowa - Loss
Drake - Win
@ Western Illinois - Loss
Sacramento state - Win
@ Cal Poly - Win
Portland State - Win
@ North Dakota - Win
UC Davis - Win
@ S. Utah - Win
@ Idaho - Loss
Montana State - Win

Ringneck said:
I'll predict we'll go 8-3; 3-2 on the road and 6-1 in the Big Sky (because UND will be considered a non-conference game next year, I think?), and finish the season ranked in the top 20. With a weak conference schedule we will share the Big Sky title with Idaho and EWU and make the playoffs for the first time in three years.

Northern Iowa - Loss
Drake - Win
Sacramento state - Win
@ Cal Poly - Win
Portland State - Win
@ North Dakota - Win
UC Davis - Win
@ S. Utah - Win
@ Idaho - Loss
Montana State - Win

If I understand it correctly, UND’s “con” games against the Big Sky still count for their opponents con record. UND is just playing for fun next year.

Northern Iowa - Win
  • Farley had his best shot at beating the Griz two years ago and finally get the Griz monkey off his back, but he couldn't get it done. Even with all the changes, unless UNI is vastly improved over last year (they lose 16 seniors, 4 starters on offense and 6 starters on defense) I think we'll go in pretty even. I give us the edge at home, especially since Bobby doesn't want to lose his opening home game again. :lol:

Drake - Win
  • Don't really see us losing this one.
  • They do lose 20 seniors (6 starters on offense, including 4 of 5 on the O-Line, like us, and 5 on the defense), but on the road at a tough MVFC team, I don't think we're quite there, even if Bobby can work his magic.
Sacramento state - Win
  • Sac State looked good last year at a high level, but if you look closely, four of their wins came against the four worst programs in the Big Sky, and their SUU win came when SUU was without its starting QB. While I don't think they'll be a bad team, I like us at home.
@ Cal Poly - Win
  • I know, I know, triple option, blah blah. But for all of that, Bobby only lost to them once, and their teams from before were a lot better than they likely will be this year. Despite being terrible last year,
    they still lose 21 seniors, so maybe they'll find lightning in a bottle, but I doubt it.
Portland State - Win
  • Another terrible team that's gonna need a lot to happen in order to improve enough to beat us at home.
@ North Dakota - Win
  • I think they'll be better than last year, but they lose 22 seniors (6 starters on offense, and 5 on defense, although I think they get that kid that got injured back). Injuries blew them up, so it'll be tough to say. Hauck's teams tend to get better as the year goes on, so unless UND comes out storming, I like our chances.
UC Davis - Win
  • This feels like a big trap game, especially with Maier having a breakout year. I still like us at home, though.
@ S. Utah - Win
  • I think they'll be pretty good again, but there was a huge drop off in QB talent last year, and I think that gives us a little bit of an advantage as the year starts winding down and Hauck has the team playing better. Plus, 16 of their 20 graduating Seniors are on defense, so look for it to take a little step back.
@ Idaho - Loss
  • I want to call a win, but I just don't know anything about how Idaho will look. I could see them just imploding to the middle of the Big Sky, or storming into conference champion contenders. Until I get a better idea, I think I'll call it a loss for now.
Montana State - Win
  • Bobby Hauck was hired to win this game. Not in like a general "He knows how to beat the cats" sense, but specifically this 2018 football game. I think the Cats might be better than they were last year, but I think Griz Nation will be more pumped for this game than any Brawl in the last 20 years.

I could totally see us losing @UND or @SUU, and I could somehow see us running the table if the O-Line makes huge steps and we see some huge transfers to fill holes.

I think 7-4 to 9-2 is pretty realistic for next year, though, despite what the trolls on here suggest.

uofmman1122 said:
Northern Iowa - Win
  • Farley had his best shot at beating the Griz two years ago and finally get the Griz monkey off his back, but he couldn't get it done. Even with all the changes, unless UNI is vastly improved over last year (they lose 16 seniors, 4 starters on offense and 6 starters on defense) I think we'll go in pretty even. I give us the edge at home, especially since Bobby doesn't want to lose his opening home game again. :lol:

...and UNI is still having nightmares from some little dude running through their ENTIRE punt coverage team and not even getting touched on his way to the end zone...

...and oh, yeah, he's still a Griz, with an even better special teams coach.

Personally, I think the vastly improved special teams that I expect with BH will give us 2 more wins
than last year - but, what do I know.

CrunchGriz said:
VandalPride97 said:

United States 5,210,000
1 Texas 740,000 14.20%
3 Colorado 365,000 7.01%
4 Wyoming 355,000 6.81%
5 Utah 275,000 5.28%
7 Idaho 250,000 4.80%
8 Montana 220,000 4.22%
9 Oregon 195,000 3.74%
10 Iowa 155,000
Those are just raw numbers, though. On a per capita basis, or a sheep to human ratio, I'm betting only WY stays above MT.

Based on the numbers listed above (Assuming USDA statistics, but from what year?), and Census Bureau human population estimates from 2016: ID has one sheep for every 6.7 people, while MT has 4.7 people per sheep.

Now, what I want to know is... :shock: ... No. Nevermind. Nobody really wants to know that. :foot:

alabamagrizzly said:
Ringneck said:

Northern Iowa - Loss
Drake - Win
Sacramento state - Win
@ Cal Poly - Win
Portland State - Win
@ North Dakota - Win
UC Davis - Win
@ S. Utah - Win
@ Idaho - Loss
Montana State - Win

If I understand it correctly, UND’s “con” games against the Big Sky still count for their opponents con record. UND is just playing for fun next year.

Interesting. Is it because those games had been scheduled in advance or something like that?
So next year, EWU plays a conference opponent - NAU - as a non-conference game, and we and several other teams play UND - a non-conference opponent - as a conference game. Bizarre.

Back